• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Code watch for those of us blacked out by free dining!!

bribri330

Mouseketeer
Not sure if someone started this thread already but i thought it would be a good idea to start a code watch for those of us blacked out of FD! If anyone hears anything, please post it here...Thanks!! Heres hoping those of us who dont have a discount already can get one at some point!! :) :grouphug:

Count me in. I've been rejected by everyone. But I'm still hoping for anything Nov 6-13.:surfweb:

Me too - a room discount would be fantastic!

Count me in. I've been rejected by everyone. But I'm still hoping for anything Nov 6-13.:surfweb:

We're going this same week - we always go this full second week of November when we visit WDW, and this is the first time these dates, or any up to mid-December, have been blacked out. Last year they extended FD from summer to mid-December, I think. There were definitely no black out dates at all.

I actually applied for and received the Disney Visa card a few months ago, because in the past, Disney Visa holders were offered many discounts a few days before the general public - surprise! No Visa discount and blackout dates to boot! Like many of you, we look forward to a nice discount code to ease the cost of a trip to WDW. This will be the first time in 9 trips since 2002 that we will go woithout a discount, if they don't offer one sometime before we leave. We're still going, of course ;), but that will be a really scary bill we face when we return.

:sunny:

We're going this same week - we always go this full second week of November when we visit WDW, and this is the first time these dates, or any up to mid-December, have been blacked out. Last year they extended FD from summer to mid-December, I think. There were definitely no black out dates at all.

I actually applied for and received the Disney Visa card a few months ago, because in the past, Disney Visa holders were offered many discounts a few days before the general public - surprise! No Visa discount and blackout dates to boot! Like many of you, we look forward to a nice discount code to ease the cost of a trip to WDW. This will be the first time in 9 trips since 2002 that we will go woithout a discount, if they don't offer one sometime before we leave. We're still going, of course ;), but that will be a really scary bill we face when we return.

:sunny:

i hear you...we are all in the same boat it seems! ;) I have a disney visa too. how do u know if pins become available through disney visa? do you get email or something? :flower3:

I'm in too! We missed free dining by 1 day!! 1 DAY!!!:eek: We arrive November 11 and it starts on the 12th. Oh well, we were lucky enough to get a 30% off pin earlier, so at least we have something.

I'm in too! We missed free dining by 1 day!! 1 DAY!!!:eek: We arrive November 11 and it starts on the 12th. Oh well, we were lucky enough to get a 30% off pin earlier, so at least we have something.

Can you book a room only for the first night and then book a package from the 12th on. My understanding is that you would then be eligible for FD.

Call and give it a try.

Trish

We are going November 9th thru 19th. I knew that Free Dining was coming, but wasn't expecting the blackouts. I thought about moving our arrival date up to November 12th, but Airtran would charge $540 to change our flights, and we would have to rebook many of our ADRs. It would still save about $400, but I just know that if I went to the trouble, Disney would remove the blackouts, or offer a Room Only Discount that would give me a $400 savings. So, I am waiting it out. I keep hearing that there is a Free Dining Pin being released next week that doesn't have blackouts. Fingers crossed that ALL of us get it!

We have been going for years and have never had a pin or discount that we could use. We unually went during Thanksgiving because of the kids. This is our 25th anniv. and yea no kids. But Boo no discount either. Still keeping my fingers crossed.:wizard:

I got the pin for FD. Covers my "blacked out" dates of 10/13-18. Activates on 7/13.

We are going November 9th thru 19th. I knew that Free Dining was coming, but wasn't expecting the blackouts. I thought about moving our arrival date up to November 12th, but Airtran would charge $540 to change our flights, and we would have to rebook many of our ADRs. It would still save about $400, but I just know that if I went to the trouble, Disney would remove the blackouts, or offer a Room Only Discount that would give me a $400 savings. So, I am waiting it out. I keep hearing that there is a Free Dining Pin being released next week that doesn't have blackouts. Fingers crossed that ALL of us get it!

I am sort in same boat. We are going November 9th thru the 16th. I got great air fare rates and times. Also have all my ADR's including Le Cellier, Fantasmic Dinner package and BBB and with a 4 year old who is very excited, I don't want to lose them.

I called about the rumored July 13 pin, and was told it was not linked to my account :mad: So I am just hoping for the best, either way, we are going to Disney World!!:banana:

Ohh - I want in too! I was so hoping for the FD but the black outs of course cover our entire trip. I got the Monster pin - but that too cannot be used because of our dates. Yes - we are going Thanksgiving week but it is the entire week and not just a long weekend so I was hoping to catch something for the first couple of days - and if it was FD then I would have it all trip. I sure am hoping for that FD pin that everyone is talking about due out on the 13th. I'm afraid to call just yet - I'd rather have some glimmer of hope than to be disappointed.

Of course WE didn't get it, but gives me some hope.....

"Just received an email for the 30/35/40 pin code for stays most nights now-10/7/10, 10/11-11/23/10 and 11/28-12/16/10."

What exactly do you mean by BLACKED OUT!!! I am supposed to be going with agroup of Disabled October 14th thu 19th!! I haven't heard from the company or the TA which resort but I requested POP!!!

I too am planning on going the week of Thanksgiving, any kind of discount would be great :)

I got the pin for FD. Covers my "blacked out" dates of 10/13-18. Activates on 7/13.

We've got the same pin and the FD covers the first 4 days of our trip. Right now we've got reservations at POR with the 30% pin code through our TA and last night I booked a package at AKL with the 40% pin code. When the code activates on the 13th I'm going to call and see how the numbers crunch with either doing a split reservation or a split stay with FD for our first 4 days and then the standard package for the last 4 days of our trip.

I'm going those exact same dates... how did you receive your FD pin? Did you call and find out or did you receive an email?

I'm jealous!!!

I saw a post about the pin and then called. My original call was to get a quote for AKL using the 40% pin for the first 4 nights of our trip. After I got that I asked the CM if there might be any other pin codes attached to our name and she said yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter