Code watch for September 2017

Tom Bricker blogged about this, with his usual flare for lots of information. I would think that Disney GCs are all one and the same, so these can be used towards room costs. I hope so ... I've booked Sept 9 - 16 already!

Hmm I wonder how this works. We booked pop for our wedding in the end of September, but it might be worth looking into switching to CBR.

Hmm I wonder how this works. We booked pop for our wedding in the end of September, but it might be worth looking into switching to CBR.

Isn't this deal because they are doing construction? I just read some horror stories from people who had stayed at the Polynesian during construction - and several stated they wouldn't have stayed there if they had known just how extensive the construction would be. Just be sure to consider the inconveniences you may experience before moving your wedding there! No matter what, I hope you have a lovely wedding! Congratulations!

I was thinking though, if you don't get the gift cards until you check in, then you can't use them towards your room cost because you will have already paid in full by the time you get there.

Isn't this deal because they are doing construction? I just read some horror stories from people who had stayed at the Polynesian during construction - and several stated they wouldn't have stayed there if they had known just how extensive the construction would be. Just be sure to consider the inconveniences you may experience before moving your wedding there! No matter what, I hope you have a lovely wedding! Congratulations!
The wedding is in EPCOT, we are just staying at POP. Pop rooms are being refurbished this year as well, so either way there will be work going on.

The wedding is in EPCOT, we are just staying at POP. Pop rooms are being refurbished this year as well, so either way there will be work going on.

If you will have construction either way, then it may be a good idea to look into the savings.

Is the $75 a night gift card just for those who were booked before they announced the construction or for any one who books even now?

I was thinking though, if you don't get the gift cards until you check in, then you can't use them towards your room cost because you will have already paid in full by the time you get there.

Yes, this. Plus what Disney has on their site:

As a result of the dining and marketplace closures in May, Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay, issued at check-in beginning May 1, 2017. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions, please visit disneygiftcard.com.

I booked a room at Pop for the 2nd week of Sept, If free dining comes available do I have to cancel my reservation to get free dining? and then rebook the room..... Can I just book a room online with the package and then call and cancel my room just in case I don't get free dining, I don't want to lose my room.
You could do that but I believe you may lose any dining reservations you may have made. It would be safer to call Disney and see if they can apply the free dining to your current reservation.

You could do that but I believe you may lose any dining reservations you may have made. It would be safer to call Disney and see if they can apply the free dining to your current reservation.
Actually, your dining reservations are linked to your MDE account, not your package. I always note all of my confirmation numbers though just in case of a glitch so I can add them back if I need to. :)

Newb question--
Looking to book our first trip (no kids!) for mid-September, it'll be a somewhat short trip (9/10-9/14 or 9/17 to 9/21). If I book room + Dining plan now, would I still be able to take advantage of any deals that may come up-- i.e- RO discount or free dining offer?

Looking @ CBR with regular dining plan, if that helps.

Newb question--
Looking to book our first trip (no kids!) for mid-September, it'll be a somewhat short trip (9/10-9/14 or 9/17 to 9/21). If I book room + Dining plan now, would I still be able to take advantage of any deals that may come up-- i.e- RO discount or free dining offer?

Looking @ CBR with regular dining plan, if that helps.
You can still take advantage of discounts and offers if you are able to get through to Disney via telephone once the offers are released and have them applied to your reservation (this of course is only if there are offers at CBR, otherwise you could switch to a different resort) there's no guarantee of dates for free dining but going by past years, it's safe to say that your September days should fall within the promotion.

You can still take advantage of discounts and offers if you are able to get through to Disney via telephone once the offers are released and have them applied to your reservation (this of course is only if there are offers at CBR, otherwise you could switch to a different resort) there's no guarantee of dates for free dining but going by past years, it's safe to say that your September days should fall within the promotion.

Okay- good to know! And if something does come available, I'll have to call to take advantage?
Thanks for your help

Okay- good to know! And if something does come available, I'll have to call to take advantage?
Thanks for your help
If you've already booked, yes, they can help you on the phone.
If there is availability at your resort, they can switch your reservation to the promo of your choice. Otherwise you'd have to cancel your existing reservation online and then re-book online. You would then loose what you've already booked and it could no longer be available once you try to re-book with the promo.

If you've already booked, yes, they can help you on the phone.
If there is availability at your resort, they can switch your reservation to the promo of your choice. Otherwise you'd have to cancel your existing reservation online and then re-book online. You would then loose what you've already booked and it could no longer be available once you try to re-book with the promo.

Got it, thanks!
I am so excited!

Is the $75 a night gift card just for those who were booked before they announced the construction or for any one who books even now?

It's for anyone. :) We moved our reservation to CBR after the gift card announcement, and was assured the gift card offer is for anyone staying there, regardless of when they booked.

Staying Sept 19-24 FW Cabins. 5th time staying at the cabins and love it. Sleeps 6 with full Kitchen and Bedroom. Still think Sept is the best time to do Disney.

Staying Sept 19-24 FW Cabins. 5th time staying at the cabins and love it. Sleeps 6 with full Kitchen and Bedroom. Still think Sept is the best time to do Disney.

Hi Thom72 - This will be my first time going in September. Seems like you have been in September a few times. My biggest concern is the weather, since this appears to be one of the rainiest seasons in Orlando. What has been your experience with the weather? When/if it rains, is it an all day rain or is the usual downpour followed by clearing.

Hi Thom72 - This will be my first time going in September. Seems like you have been in September a few times. My biggest concern is the weather, since this appears to be one of the rainiest seasons in Orlando. What has been your experience with the weather? When/if it rains, is it an all day rain or is the usual downpour followed by clearing.

This is our third time going this time of year and last year was the first we got rain and other than quick showers we had one night with heavy rain (cancelled HS fireworks wishes still went) it wasn't too bad. The day had been overcast with quick passing showers bad thunderstorm at night. The overcast and showers were actually nice cause it was wicked hot. This is our favorite time of the year to go. Currently booked at POFQ, 9/17-21

I'm booked at the Poly for 18th-22nd but wouldn't mind snagging a room discount or free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter