• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Code watch February 2017

You cannot book different length tickets. You could both book the shorter length then you could add days on once you get there. The drawback to that plan is you won't be able to book fast passes ahead of time for the extra 2 days.

So when I get there I just go to concierge and ask them to add extra days to my ticket?
Thank you for replying btw. As former cast member I feel like I should know this sort of thing but I worked in Merchandise and Park Operations, not reservations and ticketing - this is my first time booking a Disney vacation as a 'civilian' lol

So when I get there I just go to concierge and ask them to add extra days to my ticket?
Thank you for replying btw. As former cast member I feel like I should know this sort of thing but I worked in Merchandise and Park Operations, not reservations and ticketing - this is my first time booking a Disney vacation as a 'civilian' lol
Honestly I wouldn't count on Concierge being able to help you in this instance. I'm 99% sure you have to go to a Ticket Booth at a park or, once inside the park Guest Services. Side note: There are certain things that are just more complicated than they should be! :P

Honestly I wouldn't count on Concierge being able to help you in this instance. I'm 99% sure you have to go to a Ticket Booth at a park or, once inside the park Guest Services. Side note: There are certain things that are just more complicated than they should be! :P

Haha yes I'm finding that this is quite the ordeal - I guess I was so spoilt when I lived in Florida. I will keep your advice in mind, though I'm thinking that once we've booked I might call Disney anyway to confirm it all, just to cover all my bases. Worse case scenario I just have to go to a Vacation Planning booth or guest relations to get them to fix it.

My best recommendation would be to do it at guest services inside a park once you've used the ticket the first time.

I'm waiting impatiently for Monday. Many thanks to everyone who posted their Visa discount experiences. I was kind of bummed about the lower-than-I'd-hoped RO discounts, but now I'm prepared and will be happy with anything I can get on the room I want.

When do you think we can start booking discounts on line Monday? (Moot point really, since I'm going to have to wait till I'm home from work anyway.)

I am so interested to see what Monday's discounts will be since the Visa ones were a bust for many, including me. Plus, I want to run my new ressies and see if it comes out the same. I still cannot believe we got a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga for just $800 more than we were paying for 2 rooms at Caribbean Beach (we didn't get any discount). The price online for 8 ppl (4 are teens 15-17), DDP and 7 day PH now is $15,406 and we got the deal for $12,684......almost $3,000 off on Deluxe!!! I jumped on that and got a deposit ASAP.

For some odd reason, my TA was playing online and she was able to book this Visa offer online and moments later she could not access the Visa offers online. Watching what everyone has said and basing the discount on no room or ticket discount, just dining, we got about 60% off of dining.

I've spent the last 4 hours crunching numbers on my own situation...I'm so torn right now. I know we could save $274 if we went with the travel agent offer instead of SPD based on the dining we'd actually book if paying out of pocket...

HOWEVER for that $274 we would get to eat at CRT, Tusker House, Garden Grill, BOG Breakfast & Cape May IN ADDITION to the 3 table service we would have eaten if not on the SPD deal AND we'd get 56 snacks instead of the 24 I'd budgeted... The $274 is all in including the additional cost of tips and the savings I'll get by paying the trip with Disney Gift Cards. I gotta say 5 meals and 32 snacks...is WELL worth $274. I'm just not sure how I pass that up even though I am the CHEAPEST MAN ON EARTH...wow, I'm confused right now!
FYI to those who I've been chatting with for the past few weeks. I ultimately decided to go with the SPD deal BUT through the Mousecation travel agency as there is a $50 gift card offer if you book with them. That lessened the difference to about $225 and let's face it...all those meals are totally worth $225!

Last edited:
Anyone know if I should pull an all nighter or will the discounts be released later on?

Yup.
I got excited then because I clicked on the October offer and under was a little picture saying "save up to 25 percent" but when you click it the offer doesn't exist... Boo

Discounts dropped around 4 am .... trying to figure out what to do now URGH

Just modified our existing POP standard room 8 day reservation w/ hoppers. Taking the room only discount and adding the dining plan was $100 less than the PSD discount. :) Obsessive bargain hunting is fun!

We're having trouble getting our booking through :( looks like everyone is on the disney website!

I just did mine. I just reviewed the order, and up until now everything has run smoothly. The final step to process it all took quite a while, though.

Not sure what the problem was but we got it to work eventually. PSD wasn't available at Pop unfortunately and we didn't want to go to an All Star hotel so we've just gone Room+Tickets at Pop and skipping the dining plan (It didn't seem worth it). Booked Feb 19th - 26th!

The next thing to plan is fast passes!

I'm in! Pop Century preferred room with RO discount 2/4-2/11. No time to do math right now. But 10% sounds about right.

For The RO discount for my dates, POP was showing no availability for Preferred Pool View or Standard Pool View. The Preferred and Standard views were available.

Oh and yes, I booked it through the website, so yes, discounts are up for online booking.

I have to get to work so won't be on again till tonight. I didn't have time to play with any other resorts, just got on and grabbed what I wanted. Good luck to all booking today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter