• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cocoa Beach Tips...?

°O°Joe

A perfect disquise! Ha ha ha!
Does anyone have any Cocoa Beach Tips to share?? We're going to Cocoa Beach on Sunday and we've never been to a beach in Florida... Any locals or frequent visitors that can offer some pointers (i.e. which park to go to, best driving route from WDW, good restaurants for lunch, etc...)?

Thanks in advance...

--Joe

I haven't been there in years but I know in Titusville (close) there is the BEST place to get Rock Shrimp they also have the BEST corn fritters, Dixie Crossroads. 1475 Garden Street, Titusville, FL 32796 -- 321-268-5000

In Cocoa Beach the must see is Cape Canaveral and also Ron Jon Surf Shop.

Try posting on the Disney Cruise line board. Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach are together.

There is a very nice lady that frequents the boards. she has a business there and is always very helpful.

We had dinner at Durangos once, very good. Also watched the cruise ships sail from Jetty Park. There is a beach there, but we just went to watch the ships.

There used to be a public beach across from Patrick AFB. But this was many years ago. We never went to the public beaches we had a private one outside of our condo. Sorry.

While I have never been to Cocoa Beach (except to board a Carnival Cruise Ship) one of my employees has a condo there so they go down several times a year.
They love it. I know that there is a Ron Jon Surf Shop that is HUGE!! The beach is really nice, and there are a lot of restaurants right along the beach. They spend a lot of their time doing crazy kid type stuff (they are in their early 20's) They do bungee jumping, manatee river cruise trips, simulated sky diving, real sky diving. It's a pretty lively place without being crazy like Miami Beacj or Fort Lauderdale.

scrapmoose said:
I haven't been there in years but I know in Titusville (close) there is the BEST place to get Rock Shrimp they also have the BEST corn fritters, Dixie Crossroads. 1475 Garden Street, Titusville, FL 32796 -- 321-268-5000

In Cocoa Beach the must see is Cape Canaveral and also Ron Jon Surf Shop.

OMG! I LOVE Dixie Crossroads!!!!!!!!! I haven't been there in years though.

Not really any tips to share but we too are starting out our vacation in Cocoa Beach. I have heard great things about Ron Jon Surf Shop so we will defianately will be stopping there. We don't really have anything planned, just going to enjoy the ocean and having a nice dinner oceanfront somewhere for my birthday! :sunny:

I just wanted to bump this up. We are starting our vacation in a couple of weeks with a few days at Cocoa Beach. :cool1: There must be someone out there who has more helpful hints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter