Cockroaches in Hotels

I booked two rooms at POP Century a couple of years ago. We were put on first floor 60's Lakeview and both rooms had the roaches. They ended up moving us to the 50's section top floor and we did not see another after that.

We recently went first week of December. I’ve been 23 times and NEVER had any kind of bug in my room (that I saw anyway). This trip at Pop we kept getting these worm looking things (I think manager said it was millipede) in the bathroom. No biggie we would just pick up with a tissue and toss in the toilet, so I didn’t make a big deal. Next to last night of the trip a huge roach was in my daughters makeup bag!! We zipped it up and I took to front desk So someone could get rid of it bc we were freaked out by it and also so I could show the manager. He gave me a night credit on room and said they were going to spray the room. Next morning... millipedes back so I questioned did they even spray the room. Same manager said they are infested and difficult to control but the roach was no excuse. He gave me another night credit.
Because of COVID they don’t clean the rooms during your stay. Just trash and towels and such so the rooms aren’t getting cleaned like before. We had no food in our room either. We ate in our room more often due to mobile ordering but I would take out the food trash immediately when we were done. I’m not certain it would keep me from staying at Pop again but will def be more on the lookout. We shook out all of our belongings when we were packing so I didn’t bring home any hitchhikers.

We always request high floors. Out of a countless amount of stays the only time we encountered a roach in our room was when we were staying at Beach Club on the Club Level. :crazy2:

We recently went first week of December. I’ve been 23 times and NEVER had any kind of bug in my room (that I saw anyway). This trip at Pop we kept getting these worm looking things (I think manager said it was millipede) in the bathroom. No biggie we would just pick up with a tissue and toss in the toilet, so I didn’t make a big deal. Next to last night of the trip a huge roach was in my daughters makeup bag!! We zipped it up and I took to front desk So someone could get rid of it bc we were freaked out by it and also so I could show the manager. He gave me a night credit on room and said they were going to spray the room. Next morning... millipedes back so I questioned did they even spray the room. Same manager said they are infested and difficult to control but the roach was no excuse. He gave me another night credit.
Because of COVID they don’t clean the rooms during your stay. Just trash and towels and such so the rooms aren’t getting cleaned like before. We had no food in our room either. We ate in our room more often due to mobile ordering but I would take out the food trash immediately when we were done. I’m not certain it would keep me from staying at Pop again but will def be more on the lookout. We shook out all of our belongings when we were packing so I didn’t bring home any hitchhikers.
I'd burn the bag with the roach in it. No way would I even touch it to bring up to the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter