Coaster freaks HELP!!

Ya'll are great! I did a little reading last night about Kraken. You guys are recommending the biggest drop (144'), the longest (4000') and the fastest (65 MPH) rollercoaster in Orlando!!
GO BIG OR GO HOME!! How about Python at 40 MPH and its over in one minute?

T&G- I wasn't saying 60 is old. But 60 & 12x in a row was impressive. I remember when I turned 50 everyone said that it was mid-life. Then how come no one at the party was 100?
BTW- The last time I got of ToT a cast member approached to see if I needed help. I told him, "Only if you can throw up for me!" I'm never riding that again either. Mission Space goes on that list too.:scared:

Jess- How do I do it if I wanted to post the picture?
:teacher:

If you want to start with the Python, that's fine. That was the first coaster with an inversion that I went on. I didn't go on it until I was 12, whereas my sister had been going on it since she was 8. After that, I was hooked. :)

Yes, 12 times in a row is a lot for anyone, especially a 60yo. I could do that maybe 20 years ago, but I'm not so sure about now. Hmmmm, maybe I'll try. Problem is, when I'm riding, my husband is entertaining our youngest two children and he starts to notice if I don't come back to relieve him for several hours. Last time I didn't return for awhile I found him with a beer--he'd found a place that had happy hour.

ToT and Dueling Dragons are my two obsessions. Wonderful rides and great theming.

T&B

Originally posted by Motherfletcher
Ya'll are great! I did a little reading last night about Kraken. You guys are recommending the biggest drop (144'), the longest (4000') and the fastest (65 MPH) rollercoaster in Orlando!!
GO BIG OR GO HOME!! How about Python at 40 MPH and its over in one minute?

I wouldn't do the Python, unless you like getting your head banged around. I would do the Scorpion at BGT.

Kraken is really smooth, so it would be a good first coaster.

Otherwise, try the Dragon Wagon at Old Town. :)

Motherfletcher, here's a coaster for you!

Cedar Point's Top Thrill Dragster...420 feet tall!

top-thrill-dragster40.jpg

If you can ride this coaster, you can ride anything!

:)

Originally posted by Barry Hom
Motherfletcher, here's a coaster for you!

Cedar Point's Top Thrill Dragster...420 feet tall!

If you can ride this coaster, you can ride anything!

What fool would ride that coaster??? ;) I'm assuming that it has shoulder restraints?

T&B

Jeez, I was hoping for encouragement not The ATTACK OF THE KILLER COASTERS! Only 42 stories? Why don't you see if they would let you straddle the Space Shuttle?
Let's see I need 1/2 a Dramamine, barf bag and Depends!

Heres a secret mother u only need your eyes open when the camera clicks:jester:

Originally posted by highlander447
Heres a secret mother u only need your eyes open when the camera clicks:jester:

If his eyes are closed how will he know when the camera clicks?:p

MF, you ride the coaster and have the pic taken and I'll help ya post it!::yes::

Originally posted by Tigger&Belle
What fool would ride that coaster??? ;) I'm assuming that it has shoulder restraints?

T&B

I rode it. It had a 4 hour wait on opening day. There aren't any shoulder restraints -- just a lapbar.

It's also very smooth.

i rode it too. Great roller coaster. One of the greatest things about it is the lap bars which gives you a lot of freedom than a shoulder restraint. The only bad thing is, is that is lasts only 17 seconds i think, but in reality in feels like 4. Have fun on your trip and tell us all about your trip when you get back.

Ride Top Thrill Dragster without holding on! Now that is a rush, although you may get some bruises from hitting the seats.

I have been riding coasters since I hit the height requirement, so maybe I am not the best judge of what is a tamer ride, but the Hulk is pretty good for someone who doesn't have a ton of experience. Yes, it does have the inversions, but at the speeds you are going, they are over before you can even comprehend them. But really, as long as you don't over-analyze the ride, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Ok, Guys, I'm out of here on the way to the Coaster Christmas! If I don't lose the nerve it will be Kraken on Saturday. If something goes wrong it will probably make national news!:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I'll be thinking of you, Motherfletcher!! I think you picked the best coaster to try. Just remember to sit near the front - that way you'll be half way down the first hill before the coaster is "released" down the hill. Take a really deep breath and HAVE FUN! It will be over before you know it - really! And your kids will LOVE you for it :) :) :)

I did it! I got up and skipped breakfast. I dropped a full Dramamine at 8 am. I didn't tell my kids about the "present" until the rope dropped at 9 and we ran to the front seat line. It was a fresh 34 degrees which helped fuel the energy level. We followed a group of teenage boys who had never been there before either so with a little back tracking we only had 4 people ahead of us in the front seat line. Since this was going to be my only Coaster ride I decided that it was front seat or nothing. I remember when Seaworld introduced this monster a season after Hulk, DD & RR and Kraken was billed as the fastest, longest and highest. I marveled the engineering required to make it work. I've spent some time calculating the layout of a spiral curve and admire the mathematical gymnastics it took to build this 4000+' steal monster. Standing on the loading platform I was able to see how the coaster loaded, unloaded, buckled up and had about 3 minutes for silent prayer. I was ignored by the attendant when I asked if they a defibulator. My kids were giggling sinisterly since I had told them at the rope. I felt like Bullwinkle being moosenapped by my little Boris and Natasha.
My daughter went first, then me and my son sat on the inside. For some reason I wanted him to sit next to me and protect me. (Role reversal?) The floor dropping away and the lack of something on top was unsettling and when it started moving I felt like my feet were going to drag. My daughter must have felt it too because her legs are extended and mine knees were locked. At the top of the lift hill it felt like a false drop with a flat run to allow you a moment to think about the plunge. The chair went upside down at least a half dozen times. I would love to tell you what cobra and zero gravity rolls, vertical loops and flat spins felt like for the first time but it all meshed together in shear terror. I do remember going underground with the feeling of being driven into the ground like a nail. I found that uttering explicatives seemed to help and the coaster was quiet enough for my daughter to hear as my volume increased. I did manage to keep my eyes open and kept my head back. The photo evidences the terror in my face while my son seems to be gritting his teeth in defiance but my daughter has the look of unbridled joy. They rode it 5 more times throughout the day.
They both considered it the best present they received for Christmas. There was a big fight that night over who got the photo so I got up in the morning and did the same thing to the Hulk so each would have a photograph! The difference for me was the exhilerating take-off with the immediate vertical roll. I disembarked (WDW speak) the Hulk and was woozy walking sideways. OK thats one photo each and my coaster riding career is over!
:love1:

Woo hoo! You are a star!!

You see - no need for a defibrillator as long as you SCREAM all the way round!

Surely this is not the end of you career as a coaster freak? Once I'd done one I was addicted. A bit disorientated, but definitely addicted.

You have to learn where the cameras are now, so you can smile and wave for the photos.

Motherfletcher - I AM SOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! Way to go! Your kids will treasure those pictures always! And I bet you'll be on another coaster your next trip too!!

Welcome back! And thanks for posting! I was thinking of you that Saturday and hoping you wouldn't chicken out.

princess:

Congratulations! Can you post the photos?

Too bad you didn't turn into a coaster freak like some of us. I bet you want to catch up to my coaster count. :)

It all starts with one little promise to the kids. Next thing we know you'll be dragging them off to Cedar Point to ride with the big boys! Good for you!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter