Coach purse- Ebay

Lil Lil

DIS Veteran
Help ebay users. Need your advice. I'm very tempted to purchase a coach purse thru ebay. Do you think it's safe. I don't want to purchase a fake? Any advice? Has anyone had any luck purchasing a "real" designer purse on ebay? You just can't beat the price.

post a link, we'll help you decide if it's fake or not. Some real purses are sold on Ebay too.

and it was real. It was a great buy and I saved a ton of money. The seller just happened to live near a Coach outlet and got great deals. As of 6 months ago we now have a Coach store at our outlet mall about a hour away from us.

It was very tempting when I took the kids back to school shopping.......but I was strong ;)

-Kim

Please be careful, for every real one there is probably 100 fakes, and sometimes the sellers honestly don't know.

I would check the persons feedback. Like said previously, there are fakes, but there are also real Coach and other designers as well. I worked 10+ years (had to quit because the mall got rough) for Coach so have quite a lot of bags I no longer carry (and many new ones). I have been putting them on ebay at reasonable prices and having good luck. So, I would just check the persons feedback, look at the bag good (maybe even request additional pictures) and go with you gut feeling!

I just recently was looking for a Coach purse and had the same dilema. I ended up purchasing mine locally at a department store, b/c I knew how upset I would be if I bought a fake.
I was very glad I ended up going that route; when I went to the Coach store in our mall and asked about the fabric I was interested in ,I found it doesn't even come in some of the styles that were listed on eBay. :O Namely, the style I really liked! She let me look throught the book and said I could special order anything they had, and it wasn't there. I asked if it had come in that style and she told me no.
I guess my point woud be, go in with a lot of knowledge. Go to a local retailer and look at the purse you want and get a good idea of what it looks like, etc - then compare. And of course check feedback!!
Good luck!

I agree with all the previous posts.

I just have to say that I have purchased several Coach purses on Ebay - from brand new with tags to gently used. I LOVE them. It seems a lot of people live near the Coach outlet stores and take advantage of that to sell the items on Ebay. I feel like I have got some great deals. :flower:

I was told by the sellers they are Coach & I believe they are real Coach because I like nice things and I am picky about details. Maybe I am naive??? The leather/suede, zippers, hardware, stitching, and more have been very very nice on the bags I have purchased. I am not sure, but would a fake would be THAT great of quality??? Maybe the fakes have improved, but Coach has such high quality standards that wouldn't it be fairly easy to tell a fake??? :confused3 Just curious about that! Maybe I have been getting ripped off!! I do really LOVE the ones I have purchased and get tons of compliments on them.

Good luck,

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

You definitely have to be careful. I just sold an authentic Dooney purse on ebay and was very happy to answer all the questions I received from potential bidders. I even offered a refund policy, so if the buyer wanted to return it they could in 7 days. Ask the seller if there is a serial number on the bag and if it has been registered. Also, ask about a return policy.

I bought a pretty little navy leather Aigner bag a few weeks ago on Ebay and I LOVE it. It was $19.00 including the shipping. It was like brand new (slightly used). Very pleased with it.

Be very careful, there are a lot of fake bags on Ebay. The last three bags I purchased were all fakes. Make sure any bags you buy are guaranteed to be authentic and that the people take Paypal. I filed a complaint with Paypal and got all my money back even the shipping.

Lyn

I would recommend checking their feedback! I have sold real purses... sometimes you get them for gifts and they aren't your style!

good luck- jen

Thanks everyone. You've been great help. I may post the number on here and have you all look at the picture to see it it's fake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter