Co-worker bought FL resident passes on E-Bay

Same here. We have bought our FL resident seasonal passes every year on the dot and only had to show our id initially at guest services when we purchased them. I have never had to show my ID at the turnstiles, and we go a couple times a month (except in black out times;) ) Anyway, (not that this helps a lot) but I can see where they could totally get busted and where they could totally get away with it. And yes, I have totally left our passes at home, too, and had to get them renewed!!:blush:

And apparently totally is totally the word of the day for me!

Here's the deal with THAT.

If its YOUR ticky and YOUR finger in the finger-scanner, that's one thing, but if its a second-hand eBay ticky, and it was previously used by someone else, there is a good chance that that second person might have some problems at the finger-scanners and need to show some ID if questioned (that's what the scanners are all about.)

Dude, ya totally never know, dude!

Okay, I can't believe I have actually been following this thread! I'm not a FL ressie, don't do annual passes and don't even use ebay! Imagine how crazy a non-DISer (and prob many DISers) would think we were if they knew probably hundreds of us are sitting here practically obsessing over the answer to this question! OMG!! I need to be :laundy: But, still, here I sit....popcorn:: . . . .

I think the fact that the OP has logged in, read the pm and not responded speaks volumes. If I had to guess I would bet the OP bought or was going to buy the tickets and see if they could get away with using them.

I think the fact that the OP has logged in, read the pm and not responded speaks volumes. If I had to guess I would bet the OP bought or was going to buy the tickets and see if they could get away with using them.

I would bet that you are 99.9% correct!!!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Does anyone think the finger scan really works? One day my DH and I pulled our passes out going through the gates and mistakenly switched passes as we went through...the finger scan did not pick it up...

It almost never does for at least one of the four of us everytime we use them, which is often being Fla residents with APs. We have never been stopped or checked. We also had the same problem at Universal with the finger scan. We just bought APs there and went into both the parks on two different days and never once did the finger scan work for any of us. Not one of us were stopped, they just let us through.

I'm not saying people should take a chance or try to cheat the system, I just don't think the finger scan works. Neither did the other finger thing they had before the scan.

Actually in addition to the finger scan, at the turnstyles they often ask for ID the first time the ticket is used with any type of FL resident ticket.

No FL DL, no entry.

Anne

I have had Fla Aps for 4 years in a row now and never once have they asked for ID at the turnstyles, even after the finger things haven't worked.

I bought some non disney pin backs on Ebay. Can I use them on my Disney pins? Sorry about that. Couldn't help it :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Congrats lillygator! I was thinking of you when they were playing ;)
I also think you are correct about the op.. wonder if he did buy them, wanted to hear our comments, went to Disney & was busted :confused3 It is a wonder how people can be so stupid. All it takes is once to ask for the ID and there goes someones entire trip...

I have had Fla Aps for 4 years in a row now and never once have they asked for ID at the turnstyles, even after the finger things haven't worked.

count yourself lucky.. I have been asked more than once. As a matter of fact, just this past Dec a friend of mine was asked. Once they verified it was her, they had her go to the OUTSIDE guest services (we were at the MK) to get a new hard ticket.. That was the first time I had ever seen that. I know I have been ID'd then once in, instructed to go to City Hall & get a new pass (demagnitized).

I also am a FL res AP holder for many years, and when they had the two finger scan I was told my fingers were too long, and it was hard for my fingers to line up. (so I was told by numberous CM) About 50% of the time I was asked for a driver's liscence, it got to be I would just have my DL out when I went through the gate. Other times CM would just ask to see other family member's tickets, I guess if the names, and dates matched up they thought we were good. There were lots of other times, they just let me through though.

I can't even begin to count how many times I have entered through those turnstiles and not once have I been asked for any form of ID.

I hope that those who play by the rules get rewarded, and those who cheat get what's coming to them... and that's NOT the same thing.

;)

I am sharing my personal experiences as the others have. What exactly is your problem with me? Should I be calling the Disney hotline reporting posters in this thread?

Thanks Sharon!!

I think sometimes it all boils down to the CM....I am sure crowd level, lines play a factor as well.....I hate those "squeeze the finger ones"....I used to love the ID's with your picture. I can remember as a young girl thinking how special I was for having one!

I am sharing my personal experiences as the others have. What exactly is your problem with me? Should I be calling the Disney hotline reporting posters in this thread?

Yes, yes you should! If you cared at all about Disney profits, you'd call!:rotfl:

Seriously, I never understood why people get so upset about other people bending the rules. I'm not a rule bender - I wish it were because I'm a good person but it's more likely that I'm just chicken.

How can 2 strangers foolishly buying APs off EBay cause such a ruckus here? It just makes no sense. Yes,of course they might get caught - I have had very bad luck with my APs never working right and having to go back to customer service so I know it can happen. Chances are it won't but WHO CARES - it's their problem.

I love the wishy washy term 'rule bender'... like it's supposed to make someone feel better about what they are doing.

Yes, yes you should! If you cared at all about Disney profits, you'd call!:rotfl:

Seriously, I never understood why people get so upset about other people bending the rules. I'm not a rule bender - I wish it were because I'm a good person but it's more likely that I'm just chicken.

How can 2 strangers foolishly buying APs off EBay cause such a ruckus here? It just makes no sense. Yes,of course they might get caught - I have had very bad luck with my APs never working right and having to go back to customer service so I know it can happen. Chances are it won't but WHO CARES - it's their problem.

Well said.

well for one.....if many people tried bend the rules with FL resident tickets and WDW saw that FL resident tickets were becoming an issue...who knows that may cause them to put restrictions on FL tickets or even eliminate them. Look at how the dining plan has changed due to all the people bending the rules.

Hopefully that will never happen.

well for one.....if many people tried bend the rules with FL resident tickets and WDW saw that FL resident tickets were becoming an issue...who knows that may cause them to put restrictions on FL tickets or even eliminate them. Look at how the dining plan has changed due to all the people bending the rules.

Hopefully that will never happen.

Look, all I'm saying is it must be exhausting - getting all worked up over this stuff all the time - who's reusing their mugs, who's got 6 in a room, who didn't pay the correct amount for their tickets.

I would never say it's right, or "god bless 'em if they can get away with it" - just *sigh* OMG I have better things to get upset about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter