CM wouldn't note BDAY on PS at CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddyboo

Earning My Ears
We have a reservation at CRT for breakfast next week. I was hoping to celebrate DD's bday at the meal, so I phoned WDW-DINE to have it noted on the reservation. CM said that there was no need to have it on the reservation, and that for Cinderella's Table the only thing we need to do is let our server know about the birthday when we're seated. I don't want DD to miss out on anything special (decorated table, etc), so should I call back?

We celebrated my DS's 9th b-day at WDW last July 6th and had b-fast at Chef Mickeys. I called WDW-Dine and they told me the same thing. When you check in tell the CM and they will note it at that time.

My DS was given a very special HUGE cupcake with lots of whipped creme and was sung too.

Yes, just tell them when you check in. Have a nice meal!:D

You can try calling again, maybe the next CM will add the comment.

Even if the CMs know about the birthday, there no way to be sure that they'll do anything.

Decorated table? Sorry, I've never seen a table decorated for a birthday at WDW. While I'm sure your DD is very special to you, she's one of thousands of guests celebrating various events on any given day at WDW. They can't do special things for everyone. You can stop and get her a Free "It's my birthday" button at Town Hall on the way in, and some CM's will wish her a Happy Birthday when they see it, but please don't expect anything else unless you make advance arrangements and pay for the services.

If you call the restaurant directly in advance and speak to the manager, you can get a cake delivered for an additional fee.

Anne

I have never seen a decorated table for a birthday in a restaurant either. When staying in a concierge room, they send small gifts to help you celebrate your special occasion sometimes.

Never expect anything..and then you will be surprised.

Have fun!

Its pretty sad that you've not seen decorated tables at WDW. My wife and I go every year for our anniversary and we rotate every other year on each of our b-days. We have always had our table Decorated, I take that back all but in Feb of 2001, at CRT. We've only had it done one other place and that was as per my request and I provided the things to do it with. I don't think that I have done anything special other then tell them when we are checking in... I like the comment about not expecting anything, I think it is absolutely true. They're going to make it memorable even if you don't have confetti and ribbon on your table.

Originally posted by ducklite
Decorated table? Sorry, I've never seen a table decorated for a birthday at WDW. While I'm sure your DD is very special to you, she's one of thousands of guests celebrating various events on any given day at WDW. They can't do special things for everyone. Anne

They "decorated" the table for my grandma at CRT last year. They added some shiny confetti and streamers to our table top. Perhaps this is what the OP was referring to. So, yes it does happen.:D

Decorated table? Sorry, I've never seen a table decorated for a birthday at WDW. While I'm sure your DD is very special to you, she's one of thousands of guests celebrating various events on any given day at WDW. They can't do special things for everyone. Anne
My DW and I celebrated out 25th anniversary at MK last year. We ate at Crystal Palace for lunch and yes, the table was decorated with Mickey confetti. Our server sang to us and delivered a small cake -- free. For dinner we went to Liberty Tree Tavern -- more confetti and streamers on the table, plus a free dessert. (And yes, we were quite BLOATED by the end of the day! :o )

My suggestion is to call back and get another CM. I've had them note special occasions on PS before. I think you caught a CM having a difficult hair day.

I too have been the recipient of a decorated table. At both Cindy's and CP the table was decorated with lots of the Mickey confetti. And at CP when they called our name they dumped a bunch of the Mickey confetti over my head as they wished me a happy birthday.

Liz

Hmmm...glad to know they've done this for some. But it's not guaranteed, and I don't think the OP should plan on it happening, but rather be pleasantly suprised if it does.

Anne

I agree in that you shouldn't "expect" anything.

We were down with my parents when (by coincidence) their 40th wedding anniversary happened. I noted it at the front desk of the hotel. I noted it on all the PSs for the day. I mentioned it to the CM as we sat down, knowing that it doesn't hurt and sometimes magic happens. Nothing. Its a good thing my expectation was "sometimes" and I didn't mention my thoughts to my parents. I was a little disappointed, but not too disappointed.

We ate at CRT on my birthday last December, and my DH told them when we check in. Our table had Mickey-fetti and streamers, and when our dessert came (we had ordered one to share), they brought an extra birthday dessert and a "magical memories" certificate. I felt so special, that was the first time we had ever eaten in the castle, and then when we went downstairs, Cinderella was in her throne room too!

Didn't go expecting anything but a chance to see the castle, and had an awesome birthday!

(took the Mickey-fetti home and sprinkled it all in the change jar- a Disney popcorn bucket-- hope the magic will make those coins add up faster!)

I celebrated my 30th birthday this past January with a dinner at CRT. I got the Mickey Confetti too! It was so cute. I saved mine as well :)

Decorated table? Sorry, I've never seen a table decorated for a birthday at WDW.

Last December, I celebrated my birthday with dinner at CRT. We were seated at a window table that was decorated with Mickey confetti and streamers. When our server discovered that my daughter's 13th birthday was the day before mine and my husband's was the week before, she brought out free birthday dessert for all of us!! I received a Magical Moments certificate, too. That was the first time I had been in Disney for a birthday, and it was the best birthday ever!! I believe my birthday WAS noted on our PS, and my husband also mentioned it at check-in. I was thrilled to eat in the castle and don't EXPECT anything free. When it happens though it just makes the memories even more special.

To guarantee that there is something for her, do you think you or your spouse could go to CRT right before hand and give the staff presents from you (or from Cinderella or Mickey) to have waiting on your table for her when you are seated?

From merely a business standpoint I think the directions the CM gave you were reasonable (not noting your PS but requesting you let the staff know upon your arrival at the restaurant).

As somebody else noted there are thousands of people that go to WDW for a special event. The number of requests Disney must get for b-days must be beyond overwhelming on a daily basis.

Isnt the Cinderella Breakfast one of the few PS's you have guarantee with a charge card? Think about it this way....

It sounds like the Cinderella Breakfast is a "hot ticket" at WDW. To me that says everybody involved in that breakfast/dining event is rather busy from the moment they begin work till the moment they clock out. They all have very specific jobs that must be performed with a very stringent routine to meet the demand.

If special preparations are made in advance for b-day celebrations (ex: decorated table, dessert or something similiar) and the party does not show up the bottom line is the staff has wasted time, resources and strayed from the necessary routine to make the restaurant run smoothly.

That being said I am sure that the staff is well versed in b-day's and have, at a moments notice, little extras avail. for a b-day if notified when the party checks in (dessert, confetti).

What really would be the point of letting them know before your dining day? CRT has been a very popular event at WDW for years (so I am told) the staff is versed and prepared. Asking for additional notes on your PS's simply means more "bulk" for the staff to sift through when preparing for a busy day.

What if it was not your childs b-day but a b-day of another child and your family received sub-par service because of delays in preparing a b-day celebration? I imagine, for the price and demand of eating in the castle, you might be miffed. I am speaking generally of course, not you per say.

As a back up plan but a small package of confetti/streamers in your bag and perhaps a "bouquet" of fancy suckers. Have another member of your party take your child to look around or to the bathroom and quickly decorate the table yourself!

We had breakfast at CRT a few weeks ago. It was written on our ticket that the server took that it was my birthday. When the princesses came around, we took an extra photo with my favorites and me. Anything else? Nada.

I even had the birthday button on.

Course our server wasn't the best, either.

I got more to-dos from Boatwrights. They sang Happy Birthday to me there.

When we checked in at CRT, I told the CM it was my b-day. She had a headphone thingy and spoke into it "Birthday at table#__".

That was all I did. The table was decoarted by the time we got up there. The princesses all signed a magical moments certificate for me (that the server brought over). At the end of breakfast I was brought a huge cupcake with a candle.

I'm sorry if my question offended some of you. I've read the posts about the decorated tables and the suggestions to note the birthday on the PS, and that's why I asked. I will not be disappointed if there are no streamers or confetti, and we will still have a great time. I was just asking in case it was necessary. I would never want any other Disney guests to have sub-par service because of my dd's birthday, nor would I think this would happen. Thanks for the replies, and I'll just let the CM know when we arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter