cm said I cannot change my stay

Could this change have to do with all the people booking fake reservations for FP purposes?

This would be so easily solved. You cancel your Disney reservation it automatically cancels your dining reservations.
:confused3 JJsmam was asking about FastPasses, not dining reservations. Those are the guest's own responsibility to cancel to avoid the no-show charge.

Right now people have money and are willing to spend it. As such, places like Disney can make the rules to suit them. When the economy was bad they were willing to do whatever they could to draw us in.

We are wanting to remove 3 nights from our reservation, but we aren't allowed to do it. Doesn't seem fair.

We are wanting to remove 3 nights from our reservation, but we aren't allowed to do it. Doesn't seem fair.
I agree. I really don't care what Disney's rationale for implementing this is. Especially when you've got cm's encouraging you to add on days and telling you that you can always shave off a few days if necessary if you're not sure. It's just wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJK

I wasn't sure how our plans were going to come together, so booked an extra 2 nights to cover all the eventualities. I hadn't heard about this and never imagined it would be a problem since it never has been in the past. It was a room only reservation, so no minimum night stay requirements. They told my TA they couldn't take the 2 nights off my reservation. That's total baloney. Fortunately we were able to completely rebook but we ended up with a different view (pool view instead of river view). That makes zero sense since the nights I was cancelling just went pack into the pool.

They can do whatever they want. But they need to inform guests of that policy of the time of the initial reservation.

I'm really growing weary of Disney just doing whatever they want with no responsibility toward the customer. This really is the polar opposite of their customer service reputation of years gone by.

We're still staying onsite because that's what we planned for this trip. But I will be thinking long and hard if we decide to go back.

So done mentioned Universal books this way? Is that true?

Are they just adhering to a similar norm?

How are they going to notify guests, should they have something on the website that says "If you are purposefully booking more nights than you think you are going to need, be aware that you may not be able to subtract any nights without cancelling?"

How are they going to notify guests, should they have something on the website that says "If you are purposefully booking more nights than you think you are going to need, be aware that you may not be able to subtract any nights without cancelling?"
Sure. They need to let people know and be honest if this is the case.
How about this....."Please be aware.....If you need to delete days, you will need to rebook and you may lose any discount applied."

You may not have to rebook. You'll have to rebook if the days you already booked are no longer available. so it should say "you MAY need to rebook."

It's hard to do because the company wasn't anticipating that a lot of guests would book more nights than they wanted. But now they feel they have to do something about it.

Dh is just livid. :( We booked bounceback from last fall for this coming October. Now that we've finalized our flight/travel dates, we aren't allowed to shave 3 days off our reservation. Disney claims there's no availability so we can't rebook the discount. We still have to leave 3 days early, so I guess the hotel room will sit empty for 3 days. Absolutely ridiculous.

I posted my experience in another thread, so I will not go into detail, but I was not able to shave a night off my reservation without losing all nights. Not going to panic because my plans are not super firm, but it is frustrating.

I usually book through Orbitz for my Disneyland stay and always have to cancel and rebook to modify dates. Maybe Disney is just following suit, but they should have easy to reference guides to minimum stays. I called and no one could even give me a confirmed answer.

You may not have to rebook. You'll have to rebook if the days you already booked are no longer available. so it should say "you MAY need to rebook."

Are you sure about that? I feel like every single person posting in the past few days has been saying they've been told no dice to deleting a day, unless they've complained or asked to speak with someone else about it who could over ride it.

Are you sure about that? I feel like every single person posting in the past few days has been saying they've been told no dice to deleting a day, unless they've complained or asked to speak with someone else about it who could over ride it.

Yes. So basically, if there is a brand new reservation for the new set of days available, they'll modify it. If not, they won't.

I think if it's available it'll let them modify. But it's basically the same idea as rebookings, yeah.
Thanks. I hope somebody posts to let us know if they were actually able to delete days without losing whatever discount they happen to have.

So done mentioned Universal books this way? Is that true?

Are they just adhering to a similar norm?
This is from my Universal Hard Rock Booking Confirmation "All modifications to existing reservations are subject to availability". I have 4 nights booked, if I were to try to drop a night the length of stay must be available with the discount to be able to do that. It makes it much harder to drop nights, but they are helpful as WDW is with looking up the best rate/discounts etc. I am so relieved, as early in the week my TA had to drop 2 nights from my trip to accommodate my Universal booking. I never asked her if this issue came up, but I am booked with an Agency Exclusive offer so maybe that is a whole different story.

I posted my experience in another thread, so I will not go into detail, but I was not able to shave a night off my reservation without losing all nights. Not going to panic because my plans are not super firm, but it is frustrating.

I usually book through Orbitz for my Disneyland stay and always have to cancel and rebook to modify dates. Maybe Disney is just following suit, but they should have easy to reference guides to minimum stays. I called and no one could even give me a confirmed answer.

It's hard to do because the company wasn't anticipating that a lot of guests would book more nights than they wanted. But now they feel they have to do something about it.

I don't take issue with them for doing something. I take issue with them for starting it on existing reservations. They should have started with new bookings from here forward.

I think if it's available it'll let them modify. But it's basically the same idea as rebookings, yeah.

Yeah, that's really just rebooking it. I had to let my river view go and book pool view because that's all that was available. I asked my TA to try to rebook the days I had just released but then the TA system went down. Figures.

Yeah, that's really just rebooking it. I had to let my river view go and book pool view because that's all that was available. I asked my TA to try to rebook the days I had just released but then the TA system went down. Figures.

I feel like it'd just be easier to say 'no date modifications' if they're going to do it this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter