CM pin question

Jim from Jersey

9-11-01 PAPD All gave some - some gave all
Does anyone know if CM's can wear non-disney pins while working? Obviously, not to trade, just to wear. I read somewhere on the DIS that CM's enjoy receiving other types of pins from guests and I was just wondering whether they just collect them or if they are permitted to wear them.

I doubt it. The lanyards that CMs wear are not their own, they belong to the park. The lanyards start with a certain number of pins and must be returned with the same number of pins. Non-Disney pins don't count. I doubt any CM would take a pin without trading one of his/her in return and that would leave them minus one.

It's possible that a CM might be wearing their own personal lanyard, or that - in order to make a moment magical - might trade a Disney pin for a non-Disney pin and then just buy another Disney pin with their own money so replace the traded.

Unless someone makes a special acceptance, pin trading is done with Disney pins, only. CMs aren't permitted to wear non-Disney pins when in costume.

This would have absolutely nothing to do with trading. More of like a thank you for doing something nice. Again, I know I read a few posts about guests giving CM's home state pins, sport pins, etc. I was just wondering if they were allowed to wear them while working. I have some special world trade center pins I would like to give out but do not know if they are worth giving if they cannot wear them. I know they can obviously wear them off duty, and that they would probably still appreciate them, so I may just give them out anyway.

It'd be perfectly acceptable to give a CM a pin, but they wouldn't be able to wear them at work. At least, not as far as I know. It's, of course, possible to break dress code (some days you just don't have clean black socks!) but if a manager comes by and notices, it is punishable.

I was never given a pin by a guest and don't remember any of my fellow CMs recieving one, but I imagine it would be a great way to return the pixie dust magic. I'm sure the CM would hold onto it as a keepsake to remind them of the nice guests they have encountered. If you have a chance to do this for a CM, I would take it even if they can't wear them at work. CMs get a lot of negativity (I once got yelled at by a guest because it was raining), so any thank you you can give them is very much appreciated.

We cannot display non-Disney pins on our lanyards. There are restrictions on any type of pin we can place on the uniform. We were recently allowed to wear an American flag post-2001. Anything else is technically not 'The Disney Look'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter