• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CM comment- Would you be offended?

Talking about our recent trip this comment by a CM came up. We were in the top part of the line for It's a Small World. In front of us was a family with a little girl who was doing the whole kid thing and not immediately keeping up with her mom so we were giving them a little room. Still keeping up but not passing the little girl in line. The CM came up to me and said in a snarky tone "Mam, I'm going to do you a favor. The line goes that way." We were all in order in the que, did she expect me to breathe down the neck of the people in front of us and separate them from their child? I was so taken aback by the tone and comment that I didn't even say anything back. Would you have been offended?

It was very rude and uncalled for. I would have had to really bite my tongue.

Last edited:
This is the exact kind of situation where I would make some sort of comment designed to make the rude person feel very uncomfortable and wish they had never made their comment in the first place. If that had been me, I would have said something along the lines of "I have many talents in the bedroom that you wish you could experience" (but I'd probably have made it a little more explicit).

:confused: Scrap, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here...but I have to admit you've got my attention :hyper:

Can I add you to my friend list? ;)

Sometimes I wonder if people reported Disney had a new policy where every fifth person that came in the park would be hit in the knee with a tire iron if someone would still defend the practice and blame the person who was hit because they should have timed it better to not be the fifth person in.
:rotfl2:I think you know the answer to that musing. :)

With all due respect, If you had quoted my whole post in the first place, you would have seen the additions.

AKK
post-44871-Tyrion-reaction-to-Oberyn-deat-cIG6.gif

I've only been offended by a CM once. We were in MK and a photo pass photographer was talking to my husband about being a triathlete. DH had just completed the Lake Placid Ironman and had a tattoo that the CM noticed. After their discussion, the CM turned to me and said, "Ok, I get why you're with him. He's in great shape and he's an Ironman, but why is he with you?" My jaw hit the floor. I told him I had no idea and I just walked away. I don't think he meant to hurt my feelings, but he did.
Hmm... maybe he thought that since your husband had all these great talents and achievements that yours must be just as great or better since you're together? I'm just gonna say that cause it sounds nicer than the alternative lol. I can't believe someone would be so blatantly mean though to a customer for no reason... Yeesh.

One person's snark is another person's amusing statement. One person's straight forward "stick with the line" is another person's "how dare they assume I'm stupid?"

Well, if it was said with a grin, sure. But the OP said, the comment was said in a snarky way. So, rude.
I would not be offended, but it strikes me as an ignorant thing to say.

Ignorant how?

In another mood at another time the OP might have found it amusing.

Maybe the CM thought the little girl was with you?

Exactly and nearly absolutely.

I so wish that I could be for mistaken for the mom of one that young and I am certainly not ready to be a grandmother.

Being in your party doesn't mean you're the mom. And grandparent-hood can strike unexpectedly. If you have a kid of child-having age,you could be a grandparent. Ready for it or not. I'm 45 and would sti have a baby willingly, while my earlier-starting friends are gearing up for grands.

You know when people are teasing you. They smile, they use a lilting tone of voice, etc. The CM was in no way teasing.

Again, eye of the beholder. Also dependent on the speaker. I have a friend whose face falls in the sweetest way possible and she can say the rudest things and people think she's happily teasing. I have a sterner face and can say the sweetest things and it comes across differently than intended.

I hate it when they say "fill in all the available space". It really doesn't make a difference unless you are right at the loading platform. On a hot day, who wants to be crowded together. One example last time was Pirates, we were far back in the caves, no where near the loading area. Why did we have to be smashed together? As long as everyone is caught up when you load.

Maybe they aren't talking to you? Maybe they see others who have a VW worth of space empty and they want THEM to move?

I'm not talking about leaving "gaps". I just mean it's not necessary to be elbow to elbow. Allow some breathing room.

Sounds like there are gaps that you can't see.

I would not be offended, but not much gets me bent out of shape. CM might have been attempting "clever" and just didn't pull it off. When I see a kid running around in a queue, I stay well back too. I don't care to be in the flight path of a rambunctious kid. :earsboy:

I hate it when they say "fill in all the available space". It really doesn't make a difference unless you are right at the loading platform. On a hot day, who wants to be crowded together. One example last time was Pirates, we were far back in the caves, no where near the loading area. Why did we have to be smashed together? As long as everyone is caught up when you load.

This, this, THIS. ^^^^^^. A million, bazillion times this!!!

I know there are people (mostly because they talk about it on this forum) that think if you allow a little bit of breathing room between you and the people in front of you in line that means they have the right to pass you and fill the empty space. But honestly, if you just let the space exist, the ride will be boarded in the same order and it doesn't change your wait. The impatience is maddening to me. And when it is ungodly hot and humid, maybe giving people some space will prevent conflicts in line.

Ignorant how?

In another mood at another time the OP might have found it amusing.

Well, the cm made a snarky comment to the OP that suggested that the OP was an idiot who couldn't follow directions. You don't think that was ignorant?

If a comment like that was made to me, in a snarky way, I don't think I would ever find it amusing........no matter what my mood happened to be.

I think that comment was unnecessary and rude, but I wouldn't let it bother you too much. I bet the CM didn't even realize they were being rude.

I've only been offended by a CM once. We were in MK and a photo pass photographer was talking to my husband about being a triathlete. DH had just completed the Lake Placid Ironman and had a tattoo that the CM noticed. After their discussion, the CM turned to me and said, "Ok, I get why you're with him. He's in great shape and he's an Ironman, but why is he with you?" My jaw hit the floor. I told him I had no idea and I just walked away. I don't think he meant to hurt my feelings, but he did.

OMG! That is awful. I would have been so hurt by that, too. How rude!

:confused: Scrap, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here...but I have to admit you've got my attention :hyper:

Can I add you to my friend list? ;)

Not meaning anything in particular, just intending to make the rude person uncomfortable. But I do tend to get snarky when people say rude things to me, just to make them feel uncomfortable and maybe realize how rude they were being.

No, the CM's job is to keep the line moving. Perhaps you misunderstood snark for the CM poking a little fun in a silly way.

This is my thought as well. Even if it didn't sound that way to the OP. Not everyone is good at that sort of thing. I know I suck at it and people don't get when I'm joking a lot of times.

I wouldn't have liked it. I wouldn't be offended, but I would have a low opinion of the speaker.

I don't understand the idea of closing every inch of space between parties, anyway. Will you really get on the ride any faster? Once it gets closer to loading everyone's attention perks up and the loading goes well. Let us spread out a bit in queue, would ya?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter