CM attitude towards Premium Dining Plan

I would take the view that CMs don't like the DDP with a grain of salt. That is strickly something that is shared on the Net forums. I seriously doubt anyone has been told by a waitstaff, we don't like the DDP to their face. I doubt any server gets 18% tip from every person they serve. Our servers worked hard to earn that tip and appreciated anything above it.

If there were any hard feelings the abuse of the program could be responsible and that has been addressed.

We did not have any servers treat us any different on the DDP than not. I would not give it a thought.

Is the premium plan only available with packages????

can the DVC use it like the regular dining plan? curious!

An automatic 18% gratuity would not indicate any reason why a server would give bad service because he/she knew they would get a tip.

When the gratuity is already guaranteed, the server doesn't have to do anything to earn that tip. They know they're getting paid. And, since a lot of people on DDP will order appetizers, entrees and dessert for everyone, they know they're getting 18% of a nice total - even if they go on break and never return.

For the most part, when we've been at Disney on the DDP, we've gotten good service. There have, however, been a few times when the service was terrible and we did get the impression that it was absolutely because we were on the DDP.

At Ohana, our server Rudy never came back. Period. We never got seconds, never got refills, and had to flag someone down to get dessert and the check. They never came back after that, nor did Rudy. The table right next to us, also under Rudy, was also on DDP and received the same treatment. But we watched another family a few tables away getting tons of attention from him - and they paid OOP.

At Shutters, our waiter made us order everything upfront and brought it all at the same time! :confused: Ugh! If that wasn't bad enough, the desserts had come straight from the CS food court! But okay, that's a whole different topic...

Next time we're doing DDE.

I would take the view that CMs don't like the DDP with a grain of salt. That is strickly something that is shared on the Net forums. I seriously doubt anyone has been told by a waitstaff, we don't like the DDP to their face. I doubt any server gets 18% tip from every person they serve. Our servers worked hard to earn that tip and appreciated anything above it.

If there were any hard feelings the abuse of the program could be responsible and that has been addressed.

We did not have any servers treat us any different on the DDP than not. I would not give it a thought.

Not to mention everyone on the DP is getting an appetizer and dessert ...so they get a tip on that also.

I agree with rgf207, I trully do not think automatic tip guarantees lesser service. I don't think it guarantees better service either. I think the server is going to do the same job regardless. Good servers will do their best and slackers won't.

Think about it, most all jobs are prepaid and we don't automatically think because of that we will get poor service.

The wife and I have the Premium plan for our upcoming trip that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. There aren't any CS or TS credits to count, we can choose to eat all TS meals if we want or all CS meals if we want, or any combination there of.

From what I've read, it seems like CM's don't like the regular dining plan and I was wondering if this applies to the premium plan as well. I'm wondering if anyone has been on this plan and if they've noticed a negative attitude or treatment by CM's due to the plan?

Also, are tips included on the plan?

Thanks!

you get some extra pampering on the plan, not sure where you are getting info that the CM's don't like the plan,,,so far our experience on the plan has been very positive, including the servers.....

my wife and I have used the regular dining plan 2x now, snack, CS, TS and will be using it a 3rd time. when you tell your server you are on the plan, and make sure you do, there are additonal menu itmes, at some places, that aren't listed on the regular menu, or you get some extra's...

the tip is included and the servers know this, however, disney has very high standards,,so if you do have bad service i would let someone know, they will be able to track through you 'key to the world' who your server was.

I think things have changed; initially there was reluctance on the part of the servers as they had to wait to receive the tip rather than get cash. There is also the issue of all earnings then being declared for tax etc. It must also have been tempting to spend more time on tables where they believed they still had to earn a tip, but as the plan as progressed I have noted that more and more often people at topping up the tip, and this may also be having an impact.

On the other side of it not all customers would leave the 18% tip, many may have left less, and reading on here there are some people that habitually tip a lot lower, not just for bad service. So, it is swings and roundabouts.

My personal experience both on and off the plan has been no real difference in service (with the exception of ‘Ohana). I have found that the biggest thing that makes a difference in service tends to be the demeanour of the customer, grumpy and rude customers will often get a lower level of service than someone who is smiling or polite. We always try to be polite and smile, if there is a problem we will bring it to the attention of the appropriate person, but without getting nasty and shouting, and usually it is resolved very quickly to our satisfaction.

It is so important that you let a manager know if you recieve bad service. If you don't tell someone, then nothing can be done to fix it. Managers are very busy and dont' really notice if there is a problem with service unless you bring it to their attention. Too often, servers have bad attitudes because they do know that they get an auto grat and they have high seniority (especially at buffets and family style) so they don't put forth the effort they should. Not always, the case, but it does happen.

Also on that same note, let a manager (or someone) know if you had great service!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter