• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clubs at Pleasure Island CLOSED?

LisaxMarie

Mouseketeer
Hi,
off to DTD with the boyfriend tonight and wanted to go to a club for drinks and what not. Looked at hours and saw it was only open to 11, so I called and asked for club hours. Apparently, they are all shut down for refurb. Is this true? Kinda outrageous for them all to be down.. Was really looking foward to a night out on the town without the kiddies.

Do you mean the clubs at Pleasure Island?? As far as I know the club atmosphere has been closed for several years now.. There are still places to go, but not the same nightlife as before.

Hi,
off to DTD with the boyfriend tonight and wanted to go to a club for drinks and what not. Looked at hours and saw it was only open to 11, so I called and asked for club hours. Apparently, they are all shut down for refurb. Is this true? Kinda outrageous for them all to be down.. Was really looking foward to a night out on the town without the kiddies.

:lmao:

Pleasure Island doesn't exist anymore. They're more or less gutting the whole area and rebuilding from scratch.

I might suggest Jellyrolls on The Boardwalk

Holy cow, you've been gone a while. Most of PI closed in 2008.

Psst. Don't go looking for 20,000 Leagues over at MK either or you'll be disappointed.

The boards have gone half looney for at least a couple of weeks, now.
Must be either the HEAT WAVE, the lousy ECONOMY, or both.

;)

;)

This.

It's as if some summer-term college sociology prof thought it would be fun to assign "Start bizarre threads on the DIS" as homework.

This.

It's as if some summer-term college sociology prof thought it would be fun to assign "Start bizarre threads on the DIS" as homework.

This is nothing. Another forum that I frequent is being spammed by Chinese online shopping mall websites. They made an invisible link somehow that goes over the whole page (I'm not tech savvy about internet stuff like that) and so when you go to click to reply to a post, it hijacks your browser and the ONLY site you can go to is their stupid online mall.

It doesn't go away unless you control+alt+delete and force a shutdown of your browser.

;)

But the OP isn't a 2 poster, they have been around for awhile and have a normal posting history.

Maybe its the work of the Dark Arts, I think an Imperius Curse. :dance3:

Isn't the bar at House of Blues or Planet Hollywood open later? I thought the busses ran until 2:00am because they stayed open later.

Isn't the bar at House of Blues or Planet Hollywood open later? I thought the busses ran until 2:00am because they stayed open later.

Yup.

It's just the "Pleasure Island clubs" that have been tossed (for about 3 years, now.)

I know I am by no means a DIS Veteran, but i read through here everyday, and occasionally toss in my opinion or a question....but seriously any quick search even on google comes up with PI clubs being closed.

Holy cow, you've been gone a while. Most of PI closed in 2008.

Psst. Don't go looking for 20,000 Leagues over at MK either or you'll be disappointed.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN 20000 LEAGUES is GONE? :rotfl2: I still wish that ride was there..hokey, but I loved it

It's not a refurb. The PI clubs were permanently closed in September 2008. So far there is no definite decision by Disney on what will be replacing any of them.

Anyone know what time Seinfeld is on tonight? It's Thursday, but I can't seem to find it in the TV guide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter