club scrap and "assembly line scrapping"

peapod1

Earning My Ears
hey, just started getting club scrap, has anyone tried the assembly line scrapping? what do you think about it? would you recommend it? thanks

Hi there! Welcome to my favorite montly scrap club. I don't love the assembly line scrapping, but then, I focus more on the pictures than the layouts at this point. It works well if you're trying to create pages for someone else, or pages for pictures you plan on taking, such as a book for an upcoming vacation. That's just my opinion though. Their papers, cardstock really, is amazing and you can always find ways to use them.

I've always wondered about those monthly scrap clubs, but I don't scrap that much....I enjoy chatting with fellow scrappers & shopping for scrap stuff a lot more! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Maybe I'd get more pages done if I tried the assembly line method? You think?

BTW - Welcome to the DIS peapod1 :teeth: It's always fun to find new people to chat with!

I have resisted signing up over and over...but the more I see it, the more I am driven to try it!!! This board costs me way too much money! :rolleyes:

Welcome to our happy little corner of the DIS! :welcome:

thanks for the welcome guys. :goodvibes I have to admit that I tried the assembly line scrapping with the april kit and I loved it! used most of the kit up, now off to find pictures to use. :goodvibes

Need more info on "club scrap" and "assembly line scrapping".

What are these and where do I find them?

Thanks.

Club Scrap is a monthly scrapbooking club. Each month they send you a box full of paper and embellishments as well as pictures of projects you can complete. They have different membership options depending on your interest and the volume you're interested in scrapping.

Assembly line scrapping is their term for completing a number of layouts using the month's materials. They have all sorts of layout ideas and you create them all before worrying about the pictures. They have the photo mats as part of the layout so you can go back later and finish the pages with pictures. It can be great because you get lots of coordinated pages finished in a shorter period of time. It would also be a great way to create a gift album for someone.

There are tons of monthly scrap clubs out there. Some send you the materials for specific layouts, some shop around to all different companies and send you lots of the latest goodies, others are like getting a class in a box. They teach you new techniques each month.

I like Club Scrap because they create all of their own materials. You really can't find their stuff anywhere else so it makes for very unique pages. I also like that their monthy themes tend to be more general. It's not soccer or baby girl, it's paisly or framed or let me count the ways. Lots of open ended choices.

They do put out some promptional codes with good offers for new members. PM me if you're interested.

I scoped out club scrap after reading this thread, and I love it. The price is really reasonable for what you get too.
I love the assembly line idea. It reminds me of the classes I took at our LSS. You did the page and then went home to do the pictures. I saw the page example so I ended up bringing the pictures I wanted to use but I have so many pictures left to scrap that pre made pages would make it go a lot faster.
If I joined now would it be to late to get Aprils kit? And can I order DEC 05 kit, I think that one is gorgeous!

Oh and Welcome Peapod and thanks for lightening the wallet. You guys are so bad!!!

BernardandMissBianca, I PM'd you with details.

Got it! :thumbsup2
I'm going to mull it over and talk to DH. The good thing is he wants a magazine subscription from the UK for $80/ per year so I have a bargaining chip. ;)

Welcome peapod1!

I'm a former Club Scrap member. I love, love, love their paper! I had to quit for a while - I hated to, but I have to use up the stash of Club Scrap that I've collected for 5 years, lol. I'm just now getting over the idea that the paper is too pretty to use.

I haven't tried the assembly line method yet, but I think it could be good - especially if you have scrapper's block or you have paper that you aren't using.

I kind of modify the assembly line approach and make some borders, tags, embellishments, etc. from kits or papers I buy. I have also made some embellished 4 1/2 X 6 1/2 photo mats and 5 /12 X 7 1/2 photo mats that are ready for photos to be added.

That gives me a head start on pages when I have the photos sorted and ready, but it doesn't limit me to a particular number or sizes of photos on a particular page.

I think that the layouts need to be about the photos and not the paper, although I also love the Club Scrap papers! The layout sketches that come with the kits are great. I keep them in a separate binder on my scrap table and use them all the time!

Ann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter