Club Lounges

Makerpkt

Earning My Ears
I'm torn between two resorts and can't decide. Looking at taking my trip in January. I'm torn between the Poly and WL. There is a 1000 difference in the two, the money isn't necessarily the deal breaker. I just want a magical experience as I'm taking someone who has never been to Disney before! Does anyone have an opinion as to which CL is better? Also simi considering the Grand as well. Thanks again! If anyone has a CL I didn't mention please feel free to give me advice as well!

I'm torn between two resorts and can't decide. Looking at taking my trip in January. I'm torn between the Poly and WL. There is a 1000 difference in the two, the money isn't necessarily the deal breaker. I just want a magical experience as I'm taking someone who has never been to Disney before! Does anyone have an opinion as to which CL is better? Also simi considering the Grand as well. Thanks again! If anyone has a CL I didn't mention please feel free to give me advice as well!

While I would LOVE to do Poly CL next year (and that WAS the plan), I am steering clear of the Poly until all of the construction endeavors are complete. You are aware of the construction issues/rumors/plans, right?

Comparing the lounges themselves, I would always say the Poly, but like PP stated, you should read up on the construction if you haven't already done so. The WL lounge is very nice as well, but it just doesn't have the iconic view that the Poly does. My big gripe with the CL at WL is the balconies. The solid walls are a deal breaker for us, but obviously it could be a non-issue for you. We've never stayed CL at the Grand. I'd love to do RPC sometime, but at its price point, the Poly and CR CLs always win out.

I've heard these construction rumors, but can't find anything solid as to what extent is going to be taking place. Anyone have any info on this?

I've heard these construction rumors, but can't find anything solid as to what extent is going to be taking place. Anyone have any info on this?

Visit the Poly Construction thread on here. It is on the first page. I would also visit Tikiman's webiste and Facebook page. Those should give you a bevy of info on what is going on.

Thank You! If I got there and the construction at the Poly was too much to bare, how accommodating would the Poly CL staff be at relocating me to another resort?

They will move you, subject to availability, no problem. In our experience, we were moved, but did not get our choice to WHERE we were moved.

If the view from your room is important, then you might want to consider the CR. Club level theme park views are amazing there. The other choice would be GF RPC club, if affordable for you. I haven't been able to afford staying there, but it looks/sounds amazing.

Normally, I would recommend the Poly CL TPV first, but with construction issues, who knows? My personal choice was to wait and stay at the Poly on a future visit. we are staying in the CR instead.

Just curious, where did they move you? Will you be moved to a place in comparison with the rate you paid?

We are trying Poly CL for the first time in December so I can't comment on that, but WL CL is amazing. From what I have read, Poly CL is great as well. With that said, if the GF is an option, RPC is amazing and that would be my choice (although WL CL ranks a close second for me). Good luck deciding, but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Just curious, where did they move you? Will you be moved to a place in comparison with the rate you paid?

Yes, they will change you to a comparable resort, subject to availability. We were at the YC CL and didn't really want the BC CL (like YC or others better) but due to construction noise asked to be moved. They suggested that they would try Poly and BC. We said that we preferred the Poly. They moved us to the BC CL. Not a big deal and we were happy to move somewhere quiet, but you obviously don't get to choose your resort under these circumstances. You are left with what is available to them and close in $$$ value to what you paid. I expect that you would get a partial refund if they had to move you to a lesser accommodation.

I have read of instances where they were sold out of comparable rooms and the person was unable to be moved despite an issue with construction. I don't know the details, but I expect that it was at least partly due to lack of rooms of comparable quality to that originally booked.

We stayed CL a WL and It was wonderful, My daughter is allergic to any type of milk and drinks rice milk, we called to see if they could have it for us and with some pixie dust it was there. Our friends went with us and they both had a stomach bug the first day, House keeping came and changed there bedding several times as well as ours when our 15m old had a accident as well. We also needed advice on using kids night out and they helped us with it. Im planing on going back feb 2014 to take my mom who has never been as well and im going all out for her!:thumbsup2

we just got back from a stay... Polynesian cl and sl at gf .we enjoyed both very much. sl does not have mk views but that didn't bother us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter