Club Levels???? Which Villas?

And if you don't own at AKL, while not impossible, getting one of the club level villas at seven months, is very nearly so. Even AKL owners are frequently shut out of the these at 11 months. Also, these villas have some of the worst views in the resort. 2 of the 2 bedroom units look out over a roof toward the pool and the other 3, while they are savannah view, the view point is very high up and partially obstructed by the over-hanging thatch roof structure.

The AKV concierge villas are the old smoking floor at Jambo House. They are on the same floor as the concierge lounge, so they became concierge villas. I bet they won't happen again.

why?

happy with BLT, BCV, BWV, PVB, GFV - would much rather be able to walk or monorail to a WDW park - than free food and beverage.

Because I'd like the option? What does club level have to do with transportation?

Because I'd like the option? What does club level have to do with transportation?
I think the transportation comment was focused on the fact that club level is only available at AKV, where there is no walking-distance park.

But, you have to remember that DVC is a mechanism to save money. We already have the option of paying a la carte for any "extras" like daily housekeeping or snacks and drinks. Why should they add a more expensive booking category that locks you in to those amenities? That doesn't fit the profile of the target market.

Club level costs money both to the resort itself and the member using their points for it. DVC was back doored into the club level to get the option to do AKV jambo. If it was a good move financially, basically a win-win, it's like they would have done so with VGF and the Poly as well as BLT in all likelihood. To me it's not a question of whether one wants the option available and maybe use it occasionally but rather are you willing to pay more for it both up front and in yearly dues. Since dues are specific to a given resort, one has to be willing to pony up to that resort to make it feasible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter