• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Club Level: Who has the best FOOD?

Which CL has the best food?!!

• AKL

• WL

• CR

• POLY

• GF

• BC

• YC

• BWI

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
Let's face it, to some of us it is about the food. :goodvibes Everything else aside, which CL has the best food? This isn't about atmosphere, friendly CMs, size of the lounge, or any of that ...just food! :)

Let's face it, to some of us it is about the food. :goodvibes Everything else aside, which CL has the best food? This isn't about atmosphere, friendly CMs, size of the lounge, or any of that ...just food! :)
Out of my CL experiences which include: YC, CR (Atrium Club), BWI and WL, by far, WL has the most varied selection. There are usually 2-3 hot appetizers which change nightly and there are many cold appetizers, too. Here is a partial listing of some of the evening offerings:

Chicken skewers, ancho chili chicken skewers, salmon chowder, satay, venison meatballs, venison spring rolls, duck pot stickers, pulled-pork shooters, bacon-wrapped scallops, crab rangoon… They also always have a tasty variety of cold items such as arugula salad, potato and bean salad, buffalo salad, tomato caprese, antipasto platter, crudités, cheeses, hummus, baba ganoush, sun dried tomato pesto, bleu ranch dip, turkey and cheese roll-ups, PBJ shooters, breads…

For breakfast they always have cut-up fresh fruit, including delicious fresh pineapple every morning. Apples and bananas are also out all the time. They also have fresh chocolate chip and blueberry muffins, croissants, pastries such as cinnamon buns, cereals, bagels (with cream cheese, jelly and peanut butter), yogurt, and oatmeal (only seasonally).

Every evening a delicious cobbler is available. Usually it's an apple, peach or berry cobbler. There are also Magic Bars, brownies and cookies and the portion sizes are generous. All the food is always replenished quickly, even right up to closing time.

I've never stayed RPC/SL, but from what I have read and seen, they offer a great variety of foods and have items other lounges don't, such as scones and cold meats at breakfast.

We've stayed CL at the Contemporary, Poly, BWI & GF (Sugar Loaf). Of those, GF had the best/most plentiful food offerings. Breakfast had sliced meats & cheeses, oatmeal & toppings, and yogurt in addition to a wide selection of pastries & cereals & such. The mid-day snacks included roasted veggies & dip and flatbreads in addition to the typical chips, cookies & gummies. GF also offers a daily tea time snack of coffee & tea (obvs) plus scones & banana bread & trifles. And their evening offerings were fabulous -- just the best variety we've seen.

That said, it wasn't my favorite CL. The lounge was always really busy & crowded and we never felt like we could just relax there. If we returned to GF, I'd want to stay RPC, as they have the same food offerings but a larger, more relaxed lounge area.

The Royal Palm Court Lounge at the Grand Floridian is - in my opinion - serving the best food!

Having only stayed CL at GF and WL, my vote is for GF RPC/SL (both have the same offerings), with WL CL running a very close second :thumbsup2. GF CL has sliced meats, cheeses, etc. during breakfast, which I think is a great addition to everything else. Other than that, I would rank GF and WL right up there together as they are both awesome with great offerings throughout the day :goodvibes.

We've been to all of them, and all have their merits.

Best CM's = BWI
Best Food = GF RPC

We've stayed CL at the Contemporary, Poly, BWI & GF (Sugar Loaf). Of those, GF had the best/most plentiful food offerings. Breakfast had sliced meats & cheeses, oatmeal & toppings, and yogurt in addition to a wide selection of pastries & cereals & such. The mid-day snacks included roasted veggies & dip and flatbreads in addition to the typical chips, cookies & gummies. GF also offers a daily tea time snack of coffee & tea (obvs) plus scones & banana bread & trifles. And their evening offerings were fabulous -- just the best variety we've seen.

I have to agree!:thumbsup2

I have stayed at WL, GF, Poly, AKL, Yacht Club & the BWI All club levels.

Hard to say for me as I like both the WL & the BWI> However I would have to say WL as it had more that I could eat due to my allergies*. Second would be BWI.

* yes they knew about my allergies beforehand & only the WL went the extra miles to make sure I had something to eat :) The others said it would be too much trouble. This coming from we do everything for their guests that has allergies lol.

We've tried CL at YC, BC, AKL, Poly, and the GF.

I pick the GF for best food offerings since there is protein at breakfast (cold cuts), a good mid-day snack with veggies, dips, and little sandwiches, and tea in the afternoon with scones and Devonshire cream. I actually didn't love the dinner appetizers all that much compared to other resorts, but the GF is the only one that has something good to snack on in the middle of the day (other than chips, goldfish, and gummy candies).

ETA: My family votes for AKL as our second choice. Always had hot oatmeal in the morning, the amazing espresso machine, afternoon tea with scones and cookies. And great food at dinnertime. :)

I have tried GF, Poly, BWI, AKL and WL and by far my favorite is WL.

So far they have the best evening offerings.
I agree with previous post that the cold cuts at GF for breakfast are nice, but the evening offerings were just ok.

Maybe we just hit a bad week, but we were a little disappointed by the food at the GF. We were in SL last July. Having meats at breakfast was nice, but the Poly was better in the evening.

It figures! The 3 I am trying to decide between are the 3 front-runners! LOL!

:rotfl: Guess we're not much help to you then! In all honesty, though, these things are so subjective that what is one person's favorite could easily be something another person doesn't care for. ;)

Maybe we just hit a bad week, but we were a little disappointed by the food at the GF. We were in SL last July. Having meats at breakfast was nice, but the Poly was better in the evening.

That's why I didn't mention GF-SL in my earlier post, only GF-RPC.

The selection seems to be hit or miss at SL.
(Also, it can get REALLY crowded in SL at times....:crowded:)

:thumbsup2

Trust TheRustyScupper . . .

1) I have worked at two CL lounges, and stayed at them all.
2) In my opinion
. . . overall best food is Wilderness Lodge
. . . second place is Grand Floridian
3) The GF is more elegant, but less variety, especially at bfast/dinner.

Hey All!

I have only stayed at the BWI. Food was average at best. Resort is gorgeous.

WL sounds really good. I really love the atmosphere and lounge at the GF RPC.

How bout the Animal Kingdom Lounge or the Polynesian Lounge any thoughts or input on those?

Food at Poly CL was ok.. Breakfast got boring.. Small cinnamon rolls, croissants, muffins, plain bagles, oatmeal, cold cereal and mixed fruit but it was mostly melons(not watermelon)

Around noon was gold fish, packaged cookies, once cheese popcorn and gummy sharks

Evening was good, samosa, chicken wings, hummus, veggie, fruit and cheese and cracker platters, sushi, bbq pork slider, salads, different menu each nite.

Desserts were mini tarts and puddings..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter