Club level upgrade at Grand Floridian?

I posted in the CL thread a few days ago that I booked a regular YC room for last week and when I checked MDE it said "Club Level Standard Room." I did get excited for a minute thinking maybe CL was returning during my trip, but I guess they were just really booked so some of us were placed on the CL floor. I'm suspecting that's what happened with you, although staying in the GF main building is awesome and I'd be so happy with my room being changed to there even without CL. Congrats and enjoy!

We got a similar upgrade too.

We were originally booked for All-Star Movies (last week). They called me on March 22 and asked if I minded upgrading to the GF. Let me think on that......NO. I did not tell my wife about the upgrade. So, I set the GPS to Magic Kingdom just to tell how long until we are there, but when I pulled into the GF, she was shocked and said this isn't All-Star.

I didn't know what room they upgraded us to until the guard said we are in the main building. I thought that was club level but wasn't sure until we got up to the room and saw where the food and drinks WOULD have been if they were doing Club Level. If with them not doing Club Level, there were no complaints.....free upgrade from value to deluxe, larger room, in the main building....so what if there was no food or drinks.

It was a great trip!!!

We got a similar upgrade too.

We were originally booked for All-Star Movies (last week). They called me on March 22 and asked if I minded upgrading to the GF. Let me think on that......NO. I did not tell my wife about the upgrade. So, I set the GPS to Magic Kingdom just to tell how long until we are there, but when I pulled into the GF, she was shocked and said this isn't All-Star.

I didn't know what room they upgraded us to until the guard said we are in the main building. I thought that was club level but wasn't sure until we got up to the room and saw where the food and drinks WOULD have been if they were doing Club Level. If with them not doing Club Level, there were no complaints.....free upgrade from value to deluxe, larger room, in the main building....so what if there was no food or drinks.

It was a great trip!!!
Now that’s an upgrade!

It's exciting at first glance, but then a bit of a downer when you get up there and realize the upgrade was just because they had empty rooms to use up there and there are no club level amenities going on currently. Last trip I was upgraded at the Yacht Club to Club Level and had the same excitement and then slight disappointment. However, I did have a really nice size balcony! The view was decent, too.

It's exciting at first glance, but then a bit of a downer when you get up there and realize the upgrade was just because they had empty rooms to use up there and there are no club level amenities going on currently. Last trip I was upgraded at the Yacht Club to Club Level and had the same excitement and then slight disappointment. However, I did have a really nice size balcony! The view was decent, too.

:rotfl2: If club level was open, there probably wouldn’t have been any empty rooms to upgrade you to. Lots of people are waiting for it to reopen & willing to pay to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter