Club Level Questions

Which Club Level Would You Choose?

• Polynesian Resort King Kamehameha Club

• Grand Floridian Resort Royal Palm Club

• Grand Floridian Resort Sugarloaf Club

Results are only viewable after voting.

flamark

Mouseketeer
Just let me say that I am a WDW planning addict. This is a great place because I am sure there are others who enjoy the heck out of it as much as I do.

Here are my questions for our September trip of 5 nights.

First, Even though I had pretty much decided on GF CL, DW has dropped hints that maybe POLY CL would be cool, but I'm sure she would dig either. Which would be your choice if you could do either?

IF the choice would be GF then would you do RPC or SC? I really don't want to make this a "is it worth it" but is it worth it to stay RPC vs SC? Pros and cons of each?

I picked the RPC at GF - I think I'd pick that for a special occasion with my husband. It's the premier lounge at the flagship resort, and it is known for refined elegance.

If I were going with my family, then I'd pick the Poly club. It seems more relaxed and easy going.

Obviously a Poly fan but we just got back from our first CL stay and have nothing but good things to say about the lounge experience! The view from the lounge is priceless, I mean wishes with the music piped in?? Amazing. Also the food is very special to the resort. I recommend comparing menus. One of our favorite restaurants is ohana's so the food was a perfect match for us. If you love GF I'm sure you will love the CL that much more but to me the Poly CL is truly unique. One last selling point, the Poly IMO is so much more intimate. In contrary to previous post, I would prefer it for a romantic get away- tropical paradise, smaller feel. Just goes to show difference of opinion but these boards are a great way to kind of see for yourself. I just posted pictures on the aloha poly board of CL food, might help with deciding!

IF the choice would be GF then would you do RPC or SC? I really don't want to make this a "is it worth it" but is it worth it to stay RPC vs SC? Pros and cons of each?
RPC overlooks and has seating around that magnificent lobby ... SL is on the ground floor of the SL building and has pretty much has no view.
RPC guests can use the SL CL but SL guests cannot use the RPC CL

Just let me say that I am a WDW planning addict. This is a great place because I am sure there are others who enjoy the heck out of it as much as I do.

First, Even though I had pretty much decided on GF CL, DW has dropped hints that maybe POLY CL would be cool, but I'm sure she would dig either. Which would be your choice if you could do either?

I have been lucky enough to stay at PolyCL, CR atrium MKV and GF SL. I picked GF RPC for the poll because I haven't tried it yet. If dw would like to try Poly I have stayed there 2 times this year and the new remodel is gorgeous. The view from the lounge is really beautiful and the CM's are great. I guess it depends on which you prefer? RPC has the best food and great seating inside but not very convenient if you lounge at the pool or spend time outside. Poly has good food too just less of it. It is set up better if you like to be outside. dH and I would make our plates and sit on the beach and they really cater to that. Also rooms in Hawaii building just finished in March and they are beautiful.
Good luck deciding :)

I voted for GF RPC. We haven't stayed Poly CL (we are trying it in December), but have stayed both RPC and SL and I would choose RPC without hesitation between those two. The food offerings are the same in both, but the lounges are very different. The RPC lounge is large and spacious with a lot of seating, as well as great views (IMO) and the CMs are top notch. I also like how the lounge overlooks the lobby as it's nice to watch the people coming and going while relaxing with a drink or snack.

I didn't like SL as the lounge it's very small and is right inside the lobby as you walk into the SL building. During our stay, the lounge was always chaotic with not enough seating for the amount of people that stay there.

Lagoon View CL at Poly is very special :wizard:
(I've stayed at all 3 you mentioned)

Hard to beat GF RPC but Poly CL rooms have just been redone and the view from Poly CL lounge is to die for.

Scroll down about 3/4 of the way down Page 1 for Poly club info and pics:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2985839
(old room decor, though)

Can't go wrong, though :cheer2: Have fun!

We just stayed at the newly rehabbed Poly CL and the GF RPC is still KING followed by the WL CL. :thumbsup2

This is after 50+ visits and staying in almost every suite on property.

But, whatever you choose, you will have a magical trip! You're at Disney! :goodvibes

I didn't like SL as the lounge it's very small and is right inside the lobby as you walk into the SL building. During our stay, the lounge was always chaotic with not enough seating for the amount of people that stay there.

Some truth here, but it sure is nice to be relatively close to the pool to run back for drinks (alcoholic and not), snacks, etc.!!! Can't do that at RPC. And convenient when going to/from room. I felt SL to be better if you have younger kids, but old enough to give them some freedom to go on their own to the lounge.

Cannot comment on the Poly CL, but love that resort!!!

Some truth here, but it sure is nice to be relatively close to the pool to run back for drinks (alcoholic and not), snacks, etc.!!! Can't do that at RPC. And convenient when going to/from room. I felt SL to be better if you have younger kids, but old enough to give them some freedom to go on their own to the lounge.

Cannot comment on the Poly CL, but love that resort!!!

When you stay at RPC, you have can use the SL, thus no problem with drinks and snacks while at the pool.

One of the main perks of staying RPC.
NOTE: Cannot go to RPC if staying SL.

I got to say, I've never stayed CL (1st time this Sept :banana:) but I voted for the Poly CL. Your wife sounds like she'd like to stay there AND happy wife...happy life.

Poly is beautiful and relaxing, with a straight on view of Wishes from the lounge. The food also looks wonderful in the pictures I've seen.

I have stayed at most CLs at WDW.

GF RPC and GF SL are two very different experiences. I would never stay GF SL again. SL is noisy, crowded and it feels like I'm in a cafeteria rather than a private lounge. I've done a few RPC stays and it's definitely my favorite lounge as far as offerings. The food selection comes closer to what I've experienced at 5 star hotel concierge levels. None of the other WDW CLs do.

Although RPC is not my favorite WDW CL, it's my favorite from your list.

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of the Poly.

Flamark I am a fan of both RPC and SL...and as Pakey pointed out they really are two very different lounge experiences....

Standard rooms are basically the same in both club levels...

RPC lounge has 3 seating levels....and has a very open and airy feel to it...not to mention how very lovely it is spending time there from later afternoon into evening listening to the piano or the GF society orchestra playing.... :cloud9:

SL has a much smaller lounge area...has a bistro feel to it IMO...the fact that it is located in the lobby of that building makes it very convenient to grabbing drinks and snacks while you are coming or going...

We enjoy RPC in the colder months..and SL in the summer due to its proximity to the pool...

**As for the RPC room keys also allowing you access to SL...that is no longer the case with the new electronic touch keys... I recently stayed in RPC and decided on my way to the boat dock to stop in SL to get a soft drink..and my key didn't work! :upsidedow ...Oh well it was a nice perk while it was available...

I have never stayed at the Poly so no help on that from me...but those new rehabbed rooms do look awfully nice....

Which ever your decide I'm sure you will enjoy...they are both wonderful choices...

OT....:wave2: MickeyNut!!! :goodvibes

I've stayed in all 3.

Between SL and RPC I really prefer RPC.

For the poll I picked Poly CL for these reasons:

1) It was just renovated and the rooms were, too. GF needs a renovation (which I think I read it will be getting soon).

2) GF is under construction -- we visited on our last trip and were glad we weren't staying there with all the walls up and the banging.

3) The views from the Poly CL lounge (and the MK views from the Hawaii building) beat the GF views.

They are all good -- I don't think you can go wrong here with any of your options.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter