Club 33-we decided no.

I'm gonna post here because I have no shame and am frantically looking for club 33 reservations. I'm about to celebrate my first wedding anniversary this december and would love to spend it at the place where I proposed to my wife, club 33. I've been looking everywhere for any auctions and stumbled across this site and this thread. I'd be more than happy to pay for your meal if you could possibly get me reservations in december. i'm sure my attempt is an exercise if futility, but like i said, i have no shame and i'll do anything for my wife... if you or anyone else reading this is interested in helping me out, makoy4031 @ sbcglobal.net

What about contacting the person who was able to get you into Club 33 your first time? Seems pretty straight forward going that route.

Hey..we'd be willing to go if you don't want to....heck even though it's expensive, I'd shorten our trip by a day to be able to afford it, lol. Oh yeah, baby. Once in a lifetime chance....don't say no, you WILL regret it!

And I'm not shy, I'll ask straight out....if ya need more bodies to fill those seats, the three of us would go with you!

If it helps, check out my recent DIS blog on our Club 33 visit (we went last month). It includes pictures. Just my two cents, but you should go if there is any way to swing it. It really is a neat experience.

I don't know how this would workor not, but if it's possible, food for thought.

Since you get admission, maybe you could applythe first $76 to a SoCal AP and makes payments on it.

Just and alternative way to make it sound better, because if it was me I would jump on the chance to eat there.

My uncle just called and he won (at auction) entrance to Club 33 for 30 people in November! Yeah!

BUT NOW I NEED INFO RE:CLUB 33 ASAP!

But having never having been to Club 33 we don't really know how it works. He said the meals range from $72 to $100 each. :scared1:Entrance to the park is included.

He needs an answer from us today, of course!

If you go to Club 33 what do they serve? Do you have to eat a whole meal? Can we get by by paying less? If we go my DD11 would go as well but I can't swing $72 for a meal for her. Do they have kid's meals?

Please give me any info as soon as you can.

Thanks.

p.s. I have always wanted to go to Club 33 so this would be great but $150+ for DD and I is a deal killer.

As you can imagine he's having a hard time getting family/friends to commit. We are all in the construction business and money is tight.

TIA

A one day Hopper is included with the Club 33 entrance. I have only had the lunch buffet, which is basically what a one day hopper would cost. If you figure $100.00 per person including tip, that would be adequate. If I remember correctly it is $79.00 per person for the buffet, not including drinks or tip.

Appetizers and desserts are buffet and the main entrée is ordered. My favorite thing to order is the Chateaubriand.

Sorry, you can not pay less. If you are a no show you will be charged anyway. I can recall no kids meals. You do not have to eat a whole meal, but you do have to pay for a meal per person.

A one day Hopper is included with the Club 33 entrance. I have only had the lunch buffet, which is basically what a one day hopper would cost. If you figure $100.00 per person including tip, that would be adequate. If I remember correctly it is $79.00 per person for the buffet, not including drinks or tip.

Appetizers and desserts are buffet and the main entrée is ordered. My favorite thing to order is the Chateaubriand.

Sorry, you can not pay less. If you are a no show you will be charged anyway. I can recall no kids meals. You do not have to eat a whole meal, but you do have to pay for a meal per person.

Here is slideshow I made of Club 33 with pictures of the buffet tables, etc.

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/ope...paign=blog_instructions_directurl_makeyourown

I believe the price may have been valid for children's drinks and one glass of wine for the adults if they so chose - but yes, count on adding a 20% tip to your server (minimum) to your expenses, as this will definitely be expected.

We had the privilege of getting the once in a lifetime opportunity to dine there for lunch in celebration of our 15th wedding anniversary almost 4 years ago now, and it was such a lovely, NOT to be missed experience. If you don't go, you will regret it for the rest of your life!!

We will be there beginning on Sunday and have been to DL many,many times. This is a WONDERFUL opportunity to see a part of Walt and enjoy what appears to be great food. We have never been or have even came close to being able to go....so I'm sending some pixie dust your way in hope that you can go. :wizard:

We are planning on eating at the chefs counter at NR that evening...not Club 33 but the next best thing for food!

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions and comments. Slight revision, it's a meal for 12, not 30 (sometimes my uncle gets confused:confused3) Oh, and turns out he has had this for over a year! His family really isn't all that into Disney (I just don't get it) He and his son and grandson went to Orlando last year and only did one WDW park, AK. And they didn't really enjoy it.:confused3

We decided not to go. :confused3

Couple reasons why.(please don't hate me!)

They choose to have dinner at 5:30.
I'm not really into a long drawn out dinner with wine. My uncle is paying for his 3 adult children and their spouses/dates. That makes 8 already confirmed. My worry was that when it came time to pay, the bill would just be split between all the guests. My uncle and his wife really enjoy their wine and gourmet food. I wouldn't want to get into a big deal over splitting the bill (after all he paid for the opportunity to go).

I would have done lunch-I saw what's available on the lunch buffet and I would have loved to have that. :goodvibes Cold lobster, crab legs, and shrimp. I could happily make a meal on that.:woohoo:

Price-I just can't swing it right now. :eek: Even if I knew that I could definitely apply the ticket to an AP (which I had thought of already), maybe, but it would still have cost more than I could afford what with everyone splitting the bill. And remember, since my DD11 would be going as well, I would be paying for 2. Also, I would hate to have paid for a pretty expensive meal for her and have her get chicken nuggets.;)

We go to Disney a lot. We have had some really nice signature meals at WDW. If we didn't go that often (as may Uncle and his family don't) then it would have been more likely to happen.

Really, with all being said and done, the main reason is we didn't want to be locked in to paying much more than required because the bill would be split. I'm sure Club 33 doesn't do split checks. :rolleyes1 If it was another branch of our family tree, it wouldn't be so much of an issue. We could be upfront about it. But not with this branch.

Again, thanks for all your comments. Hopefully we'll have another opportunity to go another time, under different circumstances.

Disneydaz~

That is a shame, but it sounds like your head is in the right place. It is a pricey meal, and in this economy (and with income coming from the construction industry, no less) you are wise to save the funds and put them towards something that is a need rather than a desire.

Hopefully the opportunity will come up for you again someday. Here's some pixie dust for luck! pixiedust:

I understand your situation.

This might sting to hear but I'm going to say it anyway to prod you a bit. In a year are you going to walk by the club 33 door and look at it with a huge amount of regret? Sometime you just have to take a chance.

Price-I just can't swing it right now. :eek: Even if I knew that I could definitely apply the ticket to an AP (which I had thought of already), maybe, but it would still have cost more than I could afford what with everyone splitting the bill.

Really, with all being said and done, the main reason is we didn't want to be locked in to paying much more than required because the bill would be split. I'm sure Club 33 doesn't do split checks. :rolleyes1

I know you have decided not to go, but two things in case you get an opportunity in the future. You cannot apply your ticket to buy an AP. The ticket says complimentary on it and is not good for upgrading.
2nd thing is they will split bills at the end of the meal for you if you need them to.

I'm curious as to the type of auction this was, as it is my understanding that auctioning Club 33 admission has been prohibited for a number of years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter