Club 33 - tell me about lunch!

Tyr23

Mouseketeer
Just found out that my husband was able to get reservations for lunch through a friend of a friend! We were hoping for dinner, but hey, it's Club 33- I'm super excited just to be able to go!

The reservations are for 2:45 p.m. What does lunch service entail? Also, I was surprised to read on our paperwork that park admission is NOT included. No biggie as we have park hoppers and weren't planning on actually getting to go to Club 33 to begin with. I had just thought that admission was part of the deal. Is that just for dinner?

I need to change around a few PS's and since I'm not sure how "heavy" lunch will be, I need to figure out dinner and breakfast for that day.

Help! :)

Really, no park admission? Maybe it is just a dinner thing. I went about a year and a half ago for dinner and got the park admission ticket, too. I'll be watching this thread! I've heard sometimes there's a character brunch, that might just be Sundays? I'm not sure where I remember hearing that, though.

Maybe the person who made you the reservation didn't leave you passes because they knew you had APs, but passes are always included. Since you are doing a late lunch, you can do a very lite dinner, if you eat dinner at all. For lunch you order a plated entree, but there is a buffet of all you can eat salads, cheeses, shrimp, etc. and there is also a dessert buffet. So you will definitely be full. On Sundays lunch includes a glass of champagne and two characters (Usually Micky and Pluto) walk around to the tables, that is the only difference between Sunday and the rest of the week for lunch.

I was told the admission was for both lunch and dinner a couple of month's ago. Maybe they have different types of reservations. I am sure a couple of Club 33 experts will chime in. Here is their website if you have not been there before.

http://www.disneylandclub33.com/

Jack

I have a current reservation for Club 33 on August 26th, so I can confirm that parkhoppers are normally included in your reservation regardless of whether it is lunch or dinner.

I am not sure why they are not included in your reservation?

More than likely you will not want to eat dinner that night if you are not being seated until 2:45 p.m. You might want to just snack that night, if you are hungry.

Check out the website Jack posted above, it is a good guideline on lunch. It is a lot of food...and if you like seafood the crab, shrimp, rock lobster bar is wonderful...as well a the entrees and desserts.

Enjoy your trip to Club 33, it is a very memorable experience.

Hmm, whenever we've gone, whether for lunch or for dinner, we've always received park admission, but maybe it's a recent change.

Unfortunately it's been awhile since we were there. The darn company DH works for switched suppliers and we lost our connection. Really, how bad could the old supplier have been? Being a Club 33 member makes up for a multitude of sins in my book :rotfl:

You'll select your entree from a menu, I believe you have 4 or 5 choices, but there are so many extras served buffet style that if you leave hungry, it's your own fault.

With a reservation that late I think I'd take my time, have a leisurely lunch, and not even worry about dinner that day. If you find you're hungry later, just pick up a light snack.

Have a great time!

Thanks for all of the quick replies! I was surprised that park admission wasn't included, but the confirmation specifically states that it isn't. It might be a special type of reservation - I really don't know! It doesn't matter because we already got hoppers, I was just curious.

Now for another question: Since it's for lunch, can we wear normal park type clothes or do we need to specifically get all gussied up? :) I had planned on dressing up a bit if we were able to get dinner ressies, but hadn't really planned on lunch.

Thanks for all of the quick replies! I was surprised that park admission wasn't included, but the confirmation specifically states that it isn't. It might be a special type of reservation - I really don't know! It doesn't matter because we already got hoppers, I was just curious.

Now for another question: Since it's for lunch, can we wear normal park type clothes or do we need to specifically get all gussied up? :) I had planned on dressing up a bit if we were able to get dinner ressies, but hadn't really planned on lunch.

Here's my thought on Park Admission.

When you have a reservation at Club 33 it includes admission to the Park. Maybe whoever your host is has arranged for others (who aren't going to Club 33) to use the admission? :confused3

Reality is... Who cares? You can buy a Park ticket. You can't do so for a Club 33 reservation.

Enjoy!

- Dreams

Here's my thought on Park Admission.

Reality is... Who cares? You can buy a Park ticket. You can't do so for a Club 33 reservation.

Enjoy!

- Dreams

And my reality is that I don't care- I was just curious :) Thanks everyone for all of the information!

We went for lunch and just wore our regular park attire (we also had our 1 1/2 year old son with us, who, luckily, slept through lunch!!).

Have fun!!

My only tip for lunch attire is to check your shoes. No sandals, not even the nice kinds. ;) I've gone in capris, and a nice shirt. Park attire is just fine for lunch.

I personally think lunch is way better than dinner. The dessert table is wonderful, and I love the all the salads and crab claws on the buffet. There are characters on Sunday. It's usually Mickey and Pluto.

Have fun!

Wow, good to know about the sandals! I had thought that it was just flip flops that weren't allowed. Guess I had better rethink my footwear for the trip!

Really on the sandals?

It has been a couple of years since we've been, but I don't usually even pack any "real" shoes for any Disney trip.

Hoping to get lunch ressies for a Feb. trip, so good to know.....pack shoes. Hmmm...do I even have shoes?? :rotfl:

I just read our confirmation again and it confirms what the previous poster mentioned: no flip flops/sandals. Ugh. Like you, I usually only pack sandals for a Disney trip and now I'm not sure what to wear! I wonder if even higher heeled sandals are out. Yikes!

I think you need to have closed toed shoes. So as long as your toes are covered you should be okay.

bbangel, I thought that was correct as well (closed-toed shoes) but I just confirmed with my contact that while flipflops are NOT allowed, sandals ARE allowed. There MUST be a strap holding the sandal on the foot. You will be asked to find something else to wear on your feet if you come in with flipflops.

I just read our confirmation again and it confirms what the previous poster mentioned: no flip flops/sandals. Ugh. Like you, I usually only pack sandals for a Disney trip and now I'm not sure what to wear! I wonder if even higher heeled sandals are out. Yikes!

No worries...heeled sandals will be fine. I've been to Club 33 several times for lunch and dinner and never had any issues when my friends or I have worn sandals. As long as your outfit is one you'd wear during lunch or dinner at a nice restaurant, they'll allow you to dine there.

Have a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter