• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Club 33 Review

lizdotcom99

<font color=purple>Tags Have Been Donated<br><font
Went for lunch yesterday. Man! That place was hopping busy. Rang the bell at 1:27 for our 1:30 reservation. Waited down stairs foot a good 15 minutes. Took the lift up and waited another 20 upstairs.
Our table was a lovely table in the corner. Perfect.

The boys had the beef, Cristina had salmon and I had the pasta. The food was good. It was not great....as it was served Luke warm. Not hot. Did I mention the place was busy? Our service was OK.....again...just very busy. And I do think there were some high maintance members there. I really felt badly for some of those servers. The cabinet was rather bare. No coffee cups. No key chains. I did get an ornament and pin. We did take a trip to the potty and the balcony. Both lovely. But due to the sheer busyness I did not ask about a tour. No cool pens to be had. And no Club 33 chocolates. Over all I was thrilled to do this. It was indeed a once in a lifetime thing. But....I don't need to do it again. However, we did just get invited to 1901 Friday....and yes....I am giddy....once again.

Thanks for the report! Can't wait to hear about 1901 as well.

It is a private drinkery for members and their guest(s). Here the member must be present with the guest unless they have changed since I was there last.

Jack

DSC00349-XL.jpg

I stole the moniker from a pub in london, it worked for me.

Jack

Wow! Sorry it was a less than stellar experience, Liz. We had one dining experience at 33 that wasn't the greatest, but every other time has been fabulous so I'm glad I've gotten to go more than once. Hopefully, you'll have better luck at the drinkery, LOL!!

Awww Liz, I'm so sad it wasn't the experience you had hoped for. I hope you get to go again sometime when it's a little less busy. I've been several times and never had an experience quite like yours. No Club 33 chocolates!!!:eek:
Wow! I hope they replenish the cabinet before I get there next week....and the chocolates too! Let us know how 1901 goes!:)

It was wonderful to have had the opportunity. I did so love it. Perhaps my expectations were too far reaching? Regardless, I can cross it off the list. Still a once in a lifetime experience. But if anybody ever sees those ears......:) And will let you know about 1901 Friday. Totally looking forward to meeting the member that made this all possible.

I was able to go a yr ago and had high expectations. It was buffet since it was a private party. Food was decent but service horrible. Manager couldnt wait to get us out. There was a few who gave a tour and shared info and were great. I did get those ears :)

It was wonderful to have had the opportunity. I did so love it. Perhaps my expectations were too far reaching? Regardless, I can cross it off the list. Still a once in a lifetime experience. But if anybody ever sees those ears......:) And will let you know about 1901 Friday. Totally looking forward to meeting the member that made this all possible.

Liz, if they ever have the ears when I go, I'll get a pair for you.:)

I'm sorry you weren't awed. I've never had luke warm food there. And I am sad that there were others making your experience less than perfect.

DL69, how long ago were you there? I know the manager there currently is really great, adn I have never felt like he was trying to move us out early.

I'm sorry you weren't awed. I've never had luke warm food there. And I am sad that there were others making your experience less than perfect.

DL69, how long ago were you there? I know the manager there currently is really great, adn I have never felt like he was trying to move us out early.

I have to agree, we have never been rushed or have had lukewarm food. Last time we were there for 3.5 hours in August and it was a VERY busy lunch.
Hope there is a next time that meets your expectations.

Jack

It was busy when DD16 and I were there as well, but the service was perfect (never had an empty glass of water, napkins folded immediately upon getting up for more food from the buffet, our waiter was there in a second if he thought we might need something) and the food was the perfect temp for eating. They didn't have pins or ears or anything good when we were there either. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter