Club 33 questions

akcire

<font color=royalblue>Mouse expert, computer chall
About six weeks ago my DH asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I jokingly said, I would really like to go to Club 33 in Disneyland. Now I fully expected him to try, but strike out on this request. I should add that I am 61/2 months pregnant with our first child and that we live in Illinois. So it's not like we have a ton of Southern California friends, nor did he have a lot of time.

Well it seems, through a work contact, he has managed to find someone who will make us a reservation. Seriously, I think he called every person he knows and he is a tenured executive with a fortune 50 company. It must have to do with not making the pregnant lady angry???? :rotfl2:

That said, for those of you who have gone should I request a lunch or dinner reservation and why? There isn't a lot of information available about this place. Are certain days of the week better than others? Also--does anyone know the general time frame for booking?--Since I am already quite pregnant, if they are running 2 months out, I will be out of luck.

I have only been to Disneyland one time a couple of years ago. We go to Disneyworld at least once a year, if not more. Our one visit to Disneyland was so my DH could ride Mr. Toad (he is still really upset it is gone from WDW). So I am open to any other Disneyland tips, you'd care to share.

(I think I will also be canceling my trip to WDW that is scheduled for the 1st week of January.)

Thanks in advance for your information.....I am supposed to have some tentative dates for him tomorrow along with my lunch or dinner request.

Also if you have the answers to these questions, as in you are a member, but don't want to post for fear of getting a million requests, please feel free to PM me the answers. I promise I will not ask you to get me a reservation, DH has already taken care of that.

Oh my gosh - how exciting! I have only been once. My best friends' husbands' company used to have a membership but two employees got busted selling the tickets and Disney terminated them. I was so glad we got to go. We went for dinner, around 7, and spent the day in the park. We showed up 10 minutes early and were seated promptly. It's quite the experience and totally worth the money. The bathroom was my favorite part - so unique!

I have heard from others who've been to both lunch and dinner and all say the experience is great no matter what but dinner seems to make it a more special outing. Especially since it's generally a once-in-a-lifetime thing if you don't have a membership or know someone with one.

Call now and you should get a decent shot. I think we booked ours for about 2 weeks from when we knew we had the chance to go, as it coincided with my BF's birthday. Otherwise I think it was pretty open.

Go with an open mind and a camera :) And be sure to buy a souvenir! HAVE FUN!!!

I have been for lunch and dinner (and breakfast--but that was a special group thing). I do NOT have a membership but have been lucky to know "people who know people" from time to time.

personally, I prefer lunch--it's a nice respite from the park mid-day and also they have a cold appetizer bar they serve at lunch but not at dinner--with seafood (shrimp and crab claws), cheeses and I think salad. There is also a soup of the day available. That is a buffet style set-up. Your entree is ordered and plated and served to you. Then after you eat your entree you go back to the dessert bar.

Dinner is a traditional "order an appetizer/salad, entree and dessert" type affair.

Either way I'm sure you will enjoy the experience!

I was there for lunch and it was really lovely. You have plenty of time to walk around, take pictures, etc.

I don't know how the reservation system works, whoever is "sponsoring" you will have all those details.

The food is good, the whole experience is very memorable. Have a great time! I bet you love it.

And during the winter/spring/fall seasons dinner is only served on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so that may make a question of dinner moot (though sometimes Thursday is available).

Personally, I like dinner more than lunch. It's just a preference but evening time at the Club just feels a bit more "special" to me.

Michael

Congratulations on getting to visit Club 33. You are going to love it. I have only had the pleasure of dining there for lunch so I cannot comment on the dinner. The lunch I had was exactly as described by Toocherie, and it was amazing :)

One thing I haven't seen mentioned (and have not personally experienced but have heard from multiple sources) is that Mickey and Pluto will make an appearance during Sunday brunch/lunch. I don't know if this is every Sunday or not though, but may be something to consider when picking a day.

Also remember that you are welcome to step out on the patio while you are there (it gives you a great new perspective on New Orleans Square) and also that you can purchase Club 33 gifts (my favorite is the special Club 33 Mickey ears).

Enjoy!! and a big "way to go" to your DH for making it happen! :thumbsup2

I have been for both lunch and dinner. I have seen posts where people say they like lunch more, because they can eat a bunch of seafood off of the buffet. And in terms of value since lunch is partial buffet, you can get more food for your money at lunch. But I like dinner better. It seems more elegant, and if it is just you and your husband it will seem more like a date, which you will not have too many of once the baby comes. The dress code is a little dressier at night than during the day so you can dress up and enjoy yourselves.

It is really hard to get a reservation during the holidays which are almost over, but if you are trying to get a reservation in January 3 to 4 weeks out, you should be fine. Have a great time.

We had the pleasure in August and we did the dinner. It was excellent and the service was over the top. Our server was Louis who provided us with a history and tour. If we ever have the opportunity again we may try lunch, but dinner would be hard to beat.

Jack

OP here-Thanks for all your responses. We are not trying to go during the Christmas/New Years mad rush. It looks like we are targeting sometime in January between the 10th and the 20th. (Husband's work obligations are the only obstacles).

We have tons of airline miles so we don't have to worry about pre-purchasing airfare, it is easy enough for us do do a couple of days out once we have our confirmed reservation. Seriously, between the two of us we have "status" with 3 different airlines--and enough miles to circumnavigate the globe.

Then I just need to snag a rental car, and a hotel reservation.

I am hoping to do the brunch, because I am like a kid and like the characters; if not then a dinner. I am not really worried about the food, nor the amount of food. I am not a big eater, so quantity is wasted on me. Moreover my mother is a retired instructor for Cordon Bleu, so I am sure the food will be good; but I am not looking to be wowed. Seriously, some of the best chefs in the world are her friends. Of course, as a child they always tried to feed me "exotic crap" as I so lovingly called it. Living in Chicago, I also have a lot of access to great food. I just thought the idea of eating at Club 33 sounded cool, but I really did not think that my husband would make it happen. I guess now we are even for me getting him tickets to the Stanley Cup with the Red Wings, if only I could go back in time and change the outcome. :)

Thanks again, I am not much of a souvenir buyer; but I think I will have to make an exception for this special treat.

Being pregnant, you should try to do a room at the Grand Californian, simply due to the location and less walking distances (I know from having the same travel experience...). You can almost always get in at the last minute and it will make your life easier - especially if you have one that spent the entire flight here kicking your pelvis or gallbladder....

Also, you can try to hit the Napa Rose for dinner on another night. I think you might enjoy it. Chef Andrew has a penchant for specialty farmed, artisan crafted, and locally-harvested ingredients.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter