• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Club 33 lunch -- would you go?

You said your friend just got her membership... is this the only time you will be able to make a reservation with her name or can you make plans for another time when you can do more planning and get the kids more excited about it. I understand the membership is for as long as you want it once you've got it. That is SO COOL, though, that you have this opportunity. If you can't take it up at another date I would totally go - and if you want to send the family to the beach and give me a holler! I live in WA but I'll head down and meet you :goodvibes

You should go.

We have family of friends that have a membership. They are super sweet and very giving and I have a feeling someday they may offer when our friends have their kids (soon) DD is older and we can appreciate it.

My point is, I would never dream of asking but when that day comes and they offer, you can bet I'm going. You really will kick yourself.

GO!!!
Turned 40 two weeks ago and all I wanted was to go to Club 33 for our Sept. trip. If you have the opportunity do it! Im still waiting for the Club 33 fairy to come. :wizard:

Ditto..that is a definate biggie bucket list for me

We had the same issue when went to Club 33 in June. We could not pick up our tickets at 6:45 AM because the ticket booths were not yet open. We had other tickets for the day so we did not wait, but it looked like the booths were about to open when we left.

To the OP, the obvious answer if neither your DH or kids would appreciate the visit: let them enjoy other things while you have lunch with one of your DIS friends. By the way, my DH is not into fine dining and did not join us at Club 33. His only regrets afterwords were that he let the Tweens with us talk him into dining at RFC! -- Suzanne

I am not a big eater anymore and I do not eat to live, I live to eat. I love the atmosphere, it brings back many memories.
The only day we could really do this is a MM day, so was kinda hoping I could get the tickets early so I will ask when I get the phone call.

Jack

Wow! Thanks for all the input.

We've made reservations and will let the kids decide whether we keep them or not. It's a surprise trip, so we can't ask them yet.

If we don't go this time we definitely will on a future trip, thanks to a great friend. :)

I hope everyone else who wants to go gets some pixie dust sprinkled their way very soon.

Yes, go and take the entire family. Don't just look at the cost. remember if you don't go to Club 33 you will do something else that day and it too will cost some money.

At Club 33 you will enjoy a great meal, some Disney history and admission into two parks for the cost of Club 33. Have your children enjoyed fine dining before? If not this might be a great opportunity.

If you choose something else that day it will likely cost 50.00 per person and you will still need a meal for your family of four and that can easily be 100.00 so you are considering skipping Club 33 for 25 dollars per person. Don't look at the total cost, look at the difference in the cost between your options for that day.

I don't think you can buy admission into any two other parks and enjoy a gourmet meal for under 100.00 per person.

Our children are younger than yours and enjoy Club 33.

I hope you go to Club 33, I don't like the sound of that rest day. Plenty of time to rest at home, he,he.

I went in the 90's and it was a great experience. It was all paid for us so it did not cost us anything. I was glad to go even though it was only once.

Our family had lunch at Club 33 to celebrate my son's birthday. My kids were 7 (birthday boy) and 12 at the time. Both were over the moon at the opportunity to dine at Club 33. They were excited to dress up, ring the doorbell, tour a part of DL that very few people get to see, etc. It was an incredible experience and I would have never dreamed of doing it without the kids (but granted, my kids are huge Disney fans, as are DH and I...so that was a no-brainer decision).

They do have a kid's menu there so food was not an issue. DD even ordered off the kid's menu (she just had to be charged as an adult due to her age...which we completely understood). But it was no problem finding something they would both eat. And they both loved the dessert bar, LOL.

At the time it was a lot of money (meal plus souvenirs) and I worried about the expense a bit. But looking back now...I don't miss that money at all. But we sure have incredible memories of our lunch at Club 33. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter