Club 33- First Visit Ever!!!

Jack,
A one-time visitor can easily become addicted to many more!! LOL

Here's hoping you can! It is a great addiction; very few hazardous side effects!!!

Michael:
I think the addiction is there after the last visit, just wish I was much closer to the Club and that my benefactor would be gracious enough to let me go again. Oscar Wilde once wrote, "
“Pleasure is Nature's test, her sign of approval. When man is happy, he is in harmony with himself and his environment.”
Club 33 makes me very happy.

Jack

Hi! I hope you have a great time on your visit to the club. First off, as for item #2 above, they were not overdressed. Everyone else was UNDERDRESSED. I'm a member, and I have to say it's very disappointing to me when I go and see so many guests, mostly nonmembers, dressed so incredibly casually, barely meeting the dress code. I think both the member and guest experience would be greatly elevated if everyone was dressed in accord with the standards of a private club, which Club 33 is. It matters not that people are enjoying a day in Disneyland. Yes, Club 33 is inside Disneyland, but it's a private club and people that eat there should dress for it. Get a locker, a room, whatever, and change clothes. Members pay aplenty in initiation fees and annual dues, and I think everyone, members included, should dress the part when visiting Club 33.

I agree 100%. We were fortunate enough to have a member make reservations for us for my ds's 7th birthday. We arrived at the park at opening in clothing that would have barely met the dress requirements. But it was such a special opportunity that we brought a change of clothes and just changed in the restroom before going to Club 33 to check in (capri's, nice shirt and flats for me, sundress and flats for DD, polo's for the guys, etc). Yes, we were dressed up a bit more than most people there for lunch, but I didn't care because it made the experience even more special for us. Plus being more dressed up reminded my children that this was a place where I expected their very best manners (and they did not disappoint me) :)

So I am extremely excited to get to say that I am going to Club 33 for the first time ever in October- this is like a DREAM come true! It's #3 on my bucket list!!

However, I'm SO nervous! We are going for a Sunday brunch (reservation at noon), and I have a few questions:

1) I've heard it's no longer a buffet (well a buffet for dessert and appetizers) but not for the main entre' is that correct?

2) WHAT ON EARTH DO I WEAR!?!

3) Can you buy alcohol at brunch? (I'm not a huge drinker, but since it's the only place in the park where you can buy alcohol I figure I MUST!)

4) Where is the shop? What items do they sell?

5) is there anything else I should know?

I am SO flippen excited!! :banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay:

Most everyone has answered your questions, but just to add, take your time during your brunch, don't be in a hurry, walk around and take tons of pictures, make sure you check out the thrown in the womens restroom, ride the elevator up from the lobby, make sure you get a pin, enjoy spending some time out on the balcony and as someone mentioned, dress up for the occasion. It's a once in a lifetime chance, so treat it special. We were kind of shocked at how some were dressed our first dining experience. We wore nice shirts, new jeans and dress shoes. The women wore sun dresses and sandals. We took the time to go back to our hotel, freshen up and change. We get the chance to go again the first weekend in October. I'm more excited this time than I think the first time. LOL

If you'ld like to see some pics, my signature has some flickr photo links. The one from September 2009 has tons of pics from that evening.

Have a wonderful time.

Most everyone has answered your questions, but just to add, take your time during your brunch, don't be in a hurry, walk around and take tons of pictures, make sure you check out the thrown in the womens restroom, ride the elevator up from the lobby, make sure you get a pin, enjoy spending some time out on the balcony and as someone mentioned, dress up for the occasion. It's a once in a lifetime chance, so treat it special. We were kind of shocked at how some were dressed our first dining experience. We wore nice shirts, new jeans and dress shoes. The women wore sun dresses and sandals. We took the time to go back to our hotel, freshen up and change. We get the chance to go again the first weekend in October. I'm more excited this time than I think the first time. LOL

If you'ld like to see some pics, my signature has some flickr photo links. The one from September 2009 has tons of pics from that evening.

Have a wonderful time.

Somebody I know even called it an addiction. 2nd time around may be better than the first. Have fun.

Jack

Somebody I know even called it an addiction. 2nd time around may be better than the first. Have fun.

Jack

I hope so, but I'm sure it will. :) The only drawback is that we've always had people with us. One of these days, it would be nice to experience it as just the two of us.

I hope so, but I'm sure it will. :) The only drawback is that we've always had people with us. One of these days, it would be nice to experience it as just the two of us.
I would hate to think I am selfish but I think I would like to do it alone, just to reflect on the old days when Walt was a live and had the vision for the club.

Jack

What exactly is the dress code? Now i am curious.

Polos are casual attire to me.

In my opinion the dress code is pretty casual. I think that is because it is inside a theme park.

At no time can you wear tank tops, beach attire, flip flops, bare midriff tops.
For lunch shorts are ok, but they are supposed to to longer walking lenghth, not super short.

For dinner pants and a collared shirt (at least a polo) is required for men. And they suggest women a dress or nice pant suit. Jeans are allowed for both lunch and dinner provided they are not torn or extremely faded.

So by these rules you can wear a t-shirt and shorts to lunch, but not dinner. I think at least a polo should be required for lunch and an actual dress shirt should be required for dinner. It is a private Club.

I have a copy of the exact dress code guidelines from a member, just trying to find it.

Jack

Here's something from disneylandclub33.com.

For lunch, Guests may come in fashionable casual attire in order to enjoy the Disneyland Resort in comfort. However, no tank tops, cutoffs, swimsuits, bare midriffs, sweatpants, flip flops/sandals or beachwear may be worn. Walking length shorts are acceptable. Jeans are acceptable, provided that they cover undergarments completely and are not extremely faded or torn.
If Guests have been enjoying the day in Disneyland Park, evening casual attire is acceptable for dinner. For gentlemen, collared shirts and slacks are appropriate, and for ladies an informal dress or pants with a blouse are appropriate.
(Update: The club is no longer accepting shorts of any type or style for dinner.)
Appropriate dress for children and young adults should be in keeping with standards set for adults.​

Here's something from disneylandclub33.com.

That website is an unofficial fan site. The Club does not actually have a an official website. But the info they have posted is accurate. What they have posted as the dress code is word for word from the paper they give you when you pick up passes at the guest relations window, which I believe is just copied from the Club rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter