Club 33- First Visit Ever!!!

JennisSilly

Mouseketeer
So I am extremely excited to get to say that I am going to Club 33 for the first time ever in October- this is like a DREAM come true! It's #3 on my bucket list!!

However, I'm SO nervous! We are going for a Sunday brunch (reservation at noon), and I have a few questions:

1) I've heard it's no longer a buffet (well a buffet for dessert and appetizers) but not for the main entre' is that correct?

2) WHAT ON EARTH DO I WEAR!?!

3) Can you buy alcohol at brunch? (I'm not a huge drinker, but since it's the only place in the park where you can buy alcohol I figure I MUST!)

4) Where is the shop? What items do they sell?

5) is there anything else I should know?

I am SO flippen excited!! :banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay:

Congratulations! I went for my first time earlier this month and it is indeed a magical experience. To answer your questions:

1. For lunch, there was a cold appetizer/salad buffet and a dessert buffet. Entrees were ordered from the menu.

2. We were extremely overdressed. I wore a sundress and heels and DH and DS wore nice shirts and jeans. Most everyone had on park attire. Sandals are a no-no unless they have a backstrap, but that probably won't be an issue for you in October.

3. We had wine and cocktails at lunch so I'm assuming you could do the same at brunch.

4. There isn't a shop, per se, but there is a merchandise case. Be sure to ask for a pen - they're free :)

5. Have fun and enjoy every moment!

I can't answer any of your questions because I've never been there, but I want to congratulate you on your upcoming visit there. Have a wonderful time!

So I am extremely excited to get to say that I am going to Club 33 for the first time ever in October- this is like a DREAM come true! It's #3 on my bucket list!!

Wow, here's a coincidence: I'm working on getting in for my first time too -- for our trip this October. If we can swing it, we'll likely go on Friday or Saturday the 15th or 16th. If we get in, sounds like I might just miss you by a day :-). It's something of a long shot but a friend with connections is working on it for me. Of course I'll post pre and post visit if I do in fact go :-).

Rob

Actually Sunday lunch is different than other days in that it includes a glass of champagne or sparkling cider and Mickey and one other character (usually Pluto) walk around the dining room. So if you just want one drink you can have the champagne that comes with Sunday lunch.

Actually Sunday lunch is different than other days in that it includes a glass of champagne or sparkling cider and Mickey and one other character (usually Pluto) walk around the dining room. So if you just want one drink you can have the champagne that comes with Sunday lunch.

Oh awesome!! I can't wait! Do you by chance know what the cost of Sunday lunch is?

Wow, here's a coincidence: I'm working on getting in for my first time too -- for our trip this October. If we can swing it, we'll likely go on Friday or Saturday the 15th or 16th. If we get in, sounds like I might just miss you by a day :-). It's something of a long shot but a friend with connections is working on it for me. Of course I'll post pre and post visit if I do in fact go :-).

Rob

Wow! I wish you all the luck in the world! I was so excited when I got the call from the cute old man saying we were reserved! It was like the President was calling-haha!

Good luck!

Have a blast, OP! I'm so jealous! I would LOVE to have that experience!

Please share your report when you return! :)

I am dying to hear about it when you return! If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the reservations?

Wow! I wish you all the luck in the world! I was so excited when I got the call from the cute old man saying we were reserved! It was like the President was calling-haha!

Good luck!

Thanks very much! I'll look for you at the park. And at Club 33 ;-).

Rob

Congratulations! I went for my first time earlier this month and it is indeed a magical experience. To answer your questions:

1. For lunch, there was a cold appetizer/salad buffet and a dessert buffet. Entrees were ordered from the menu.

2. We were extremely overdressed. I wore a sundress and heels and DH and DS wore nice shirts and jeans. Most everyone had on park attire. Sandals are a no-no unless they have a backstrap, but that probably won't be an issue for you in October.

3. We had wine and cocktails at lunch so I'm assuming you could do the same at brunch.

4. There isn't a shop, per se, but there is a merchandise case. Be sure to ask for a pen - they're free :)

5. Have fun and enjoy every moment!

Hi! I hope you have a great time on your visit to the club. First off, as for item #2 above, they were not overdressed. Everyone else was UNDERDRESSED. I'm a member, and I have to say it's very disappointing to me when I go and see so many guests, mostly nonmembers, dressed so incredibly casually, barely meeting the dress code. I think both the member and guest experience would be greatly elevated if everyone was dressed in accord with the standards of a private club, which Club 33 is. It matters not that people are enjoying a day in Disneyland. Yes, Club 33 is inside Disneyland, but it's a private club and people that eat there should dress for it. Get a locker, a room, whatever, and change clothes. Members pay aplenty in initiation fees and annual dues, and I think everyone, members included, should dress the part when visiting Club 33.
Moving on...I agree with the other points above. I think if you're there for brunch, you might even get champagne and a visit from Mickey Mouse and Pluto at your table. :-)
Have a WONDERFUL time!!! :)

Oh....one tip. When you're getting your food, you might want to grab a few macaroons from the desserts. They're delicious and shouldn't be missed. Sometimes they run out.

First off, as for item #2 above, they were not overdressed. Everyone else was UNDERDRESSED. I'm a member, and I have to say it's very disappointing to me when I go and see so many guests, mostly nonmembers, dressed so incredibly casually, barely meeting the dress code. I think both the member and guest experience would be greatly elevated if everyone was dressed in accord with the standards of a private club, which Club 33 is. It matters not that people are enjoying a day in Disneyland. Yes, Club 33 is inside Disneyland, but it's a private club and people that eat there should dress for it. Get a locker, a room, whatever, and change clothes. Members pay aplenty in initiation fees and annual dues, and I think everyone, members included, should dress the part when visiting Club 33.

I totally agree. ::yes:: Family and friends who come with us always make an effort to dress up a bit more when we go to Club 33 for both brunch and dinner. We do it as a sign of respect for the member who generously allows us to dine there.

I think all meals are $72 minimum which includes a 1 day parkhopper.

Jack

Just a slight correction; the Sunday brunch is (or at least was) $82 minimum. I believe the champagne is included in that additional $10 charge as well as character appearances. I'm also not sure when the pricing will increase for Club 33. It is usually the cost of a one-day nonhopper ticket (minimum) and since the price of tickets recently increased I think we'll be seeing an increase in the pricing for Club 33, too.

Michael

Just a slight correction; the Sunday brunch is (or at least was) $82 minimum. I believe the champagne is included in that additional $10 charge as well as character appearances. I'm also not sure when the pricing will increase for Club 33. It is usually the cost of a one-day nonhopper ticket (minimum) and since the price of tickets recently increased I think we'll be seeing an increase in the pricing for Club 33, too.

Michael

Since I am one time visitor, that seems rather logical for the extra's. Would be worth every nickle.

Jack

Since I am one time visitor, that seems rather logical for the extra's. Would be worth every nickle.

Jack

Jack,
A one-time visitor can easily become addicted to many more!! LOL

Here's hoping you can! It is a great addiction; very few hazardous side effects!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter