Club 33 entrance moving and club expansion

Hey all, I was on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour 2 weeks ago. The Cast Member host told us in Club 33 that the closure was looking to start sometime in October and last for a year. Honestly I would LOVE it if they will start later (2014) because my friend who works at ABC can get us in but due to my schedule I'm booked from next week through mid-October. I really wanted to go once more before they changed things. Will keep eyes on DIS for future postings.

Okay, they are still taking reservations until mid-October (for now!). A friend has made a reservation for October 12th (Saturday).

I am not sure if I missed it somewhere in here, but are there any rumors about how long it will take for the expansion to be completed?
Scuttlebutt says 4 - 6 months.....hard to say since they actually haven't made any formal announcements about anything yet.

Certainly hope it doesn't take that long.......

Michael

Scuttlebutt says 4 - 6 months.....hard to say since they actually haven't made any formal announcements about anything yet.
The first formal announcement will be for the Grand Re-Opening :rotfl:
1x01-human-flesh-bobs-burgers-18448221-900-507.jpg

MousePlanet published an article stating the Court of Angels will close September 28, for the start of Club 33 construction. The article is more of an editorial, short on information and full of generally negative opinions. The derogatory title "Clubbed" was also used by MiceAge to describe the 2012 membership changes.

It would make sense (and perhaps cents :goodvibes) to start work on the Court of Angels and above the French Market, before shutting down the restaurant :idea:

As of this week (earlier), members have not been told anything.

I, for one, would like to find out about the discount tickets available for dining at Club 33 (arranged by member). I read somewhere that someone got a Disneyland only ticket for $45?

As of this week (earlier), members have not been told anything.

I, for one, would like to find out about the discount tickets available for dining at Club 33 (arranged by member). I read somewhere that someone got a Disneyland only ticket for $45?

Members are able to purchase a single day ticket (or have that ticket available for the guest to purchase) at a discount but it is not as deep of a discount as that mentioned above.

Michael

There is some kind of ticket that is available for $45. We were offered that in July but we didn't do it. It might be a special event thing since we were attending a luncheon for Bob Gurr.

There is some kind of ticket that is available for $45. We were offered that in July but we didn't do it. It might be a special event thing since we were attending a luncheon for Bob Gurr.

I think you're right DizMe. I think we were offered the $45 tickets because of the event we were attending. I don't think they are something that is offered all the time.

Members can get 1 day tickets for 20% off for guests. Special event tickets are also available, as are dining tickets if the member is with the guests.

There are now rumors that the Court de Angels will be no more for the open public. It might be the staging room for the new Club 33 remodel. How unfortunate is this????:scared1: I hope this rumor doesn't come true.

When we went to the Club in March, we got single day DL tix for $45, but that was because there were more than 10 (or was it 12?) of us in the group. Otherwise, it would have been a 20% discount on a single day DL tix.

When we went to the Club in March, we got single day DL tix for $45, but that was because there were more than 10 (or was it 12?) of us in the group. Otherwise, it would have been a 20% discount on a single day DL tix.

Wow! I've once eaten in a party of 11 but wasn't offered that (didn't need it at the time). Friend has a reservation for 9 so maybe that's why there isn't that offer of $45 per ticket? Hmm, was the member with you in your party of 10+?

I had thought the Court of Angels was going to reopen. Come to learn this morning that it is not. The space is going to be used by Club 33.
Due to many unhappy guests, DLR has in mind to open a new court. But, the location is not currently known, by it's workers if not even DLR itself. I am so not happy about my new found knowledge!

I had thought the Court of Angels was going to reopen. Come to learn this morning that it is not. The space is going to be used by Club 33.
Due to many unhappy guests, DLR has in mind to open a new court. But, the location is not currently known, by it's workers if not even DLR itself. I am so not happy about my new found knowledge!

That's terrible :sad2: I loved that area. It was always a nice quiet spot to rest and now I won't be able to share it with my son or take pics of him back there.

I am glad I took pictures awhile back of the court. I am hoping it will reopen to the general public. But according to a CM that I spoke with this morning, she was adamant about the information. So we will see how things turn out as time progresses.

Yeah, the Court of Angels is going to be the new holding area for Club 33 members, closed off from the public but open air inside. I think the Christmas store is going to be the new entry door? Anyway, I think it's sad that they're taking away that lovely area from the public. The stairway will take guests up to the restaurant and they're going to install an elevator as well, or so I've heard.

I will miss that spot very much. I think it was special to a lot of people. I can see how it will be a great entry for Club 33 but part of me resents that it's being taken away from everyone else.

I agree.
I had thought simply a door was going to be installed and some renovation work done. Man was I wrong.
Apparently these changes are being made to accommodate the "1%"

...Due to many unhappy guests, DLR has in mind to open a new court. But, the location is not currently known, by it's workers if not even DLR itself...
The New Court is already open, but the location will remain a secret :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter