Club 33 Coming to WDW?

Cinderella’s Royal Table is located on what was originally planned as WDW’s Club 33; I’m not sure why it became a public restaurant as opposed to a private one. I’ve been a guest to Club 33 at Tokyo Disneyland several times and a large percentage of the memberships are corporate owned. Disney staff would meet us at the park gate and guide us to the restaurant.

Having it as a restaurant probably makes more money than having members pay 15-20k. They pump a lot of people through that terribly overpriced restaurant in the castle. Also, I've been to Club 33 once as a invited guest, and while it was a very cool and magical experience, I wouldn't spend my money that way. That's just me. Now if this is some sort of club at each park that you're buying into with some unique perks then maybe...

I've heard all properties are getting a club 33 location also.

now where it confused me is I heard it worded as every disney park is getting one so I'm not sure if they means that WDW will be having 4 of them, 1 at each park.

The Sentinel had this bit of rumor in its tent story this week. They said it would be Club 33 without being Club 33. No full-service restaurants, just basically paying for lounge access in each park.
Hmm...that changes my opinion a little bit. Would expect dining for the price. I guess it depends on how nice those lounges are and the overall experience. Wait and see...

The Sentinel had this bit of rumor in its tent story this week. They said it would be Club 33 without being Club 33. No full-service restaurants, just basically paying for lounge access in each park.
Kind of sounds like the 1901 club in DCA.

I might could see buying a permanent cabana in the MK for that, called the "ToddyLu Cabana". I believe MK is worth that price for a structure devoted to you at your Happy Place.

Well spending that type of money to gain Access is beyond my means. But I'd love to be a guest!
And "when" I win that big lotto pot Id buy in...
dreaming here....:rolleyes1

Well spending that type of money to gain Access is beyond my means. But I'd love to be a guest!
And "when" I win that big lotto pot Id buy in...
dreaming here....:rolleyes1

I've been in Club 33 as a guest. HIGHLY recommend. But bring your CC.

And the new members only lounge...

Just need to brag occasionally amongst people that would care. :goodvibes Most of my friends I say this to look at me with a shrug.

I could imagine that any Club 33 they put into WDW they would have at least ONE dining room amongst the 4 parks. I wouldn't think that there would be much of a point to putting in FOUR lounges but no dining. (Both the Club 33 and the 1901 lounge do have a menu, though, but it's limited.)

I would be very surprised if there wasn't some sort of DVC spin to this. Do you think a park could support a DVC member only food and beverage outlet/ lounge?

Do you think a park could support a DVC member only food and beverage outlet/ lounge?
Doubting that. It would be interesting to know how much the existing DVC lounge at Epcot is used though.

I would be very surprised if there wasn't some sort of DVC spin to this. Do you think a park could support a DVC member only food and beverage outlet/ lounge?

I also doubt it. DVC is tens of thousands of members. (There's around 5,000 DVC rooms - and if we assume average member has points to stay for 1 week, that 250,000 members. Certainly many members have more than 1 week worth of points, but it's a good rough guess.)

Club 33 is less than 1,000 members - they keep it very exclusive. As others have mentioned, it isn't so much about Disney making money - but more about catering to a high-end clientele. My observation in there is the staff to guest ratio in Club 33 is nearly 1:1, they make a lot of money off members but operational expenses are very high as well. I would more wonder if this is something being pushed by the folks buying at Golden Oaks. Owners there are the exact type that would want to see a private lounge available to them in the parks.

Doubting that. It would be interesting to know how much the existing DVC lounge at Epcot is used though.

When we were there in October it wasn't full, but there was a steady stream of traffic. This was at 10:30 AM. I think I read somewhere they just extended the DVC lounge through 2017 - so they must not only seeing a lot of positive feedback, but being seeing value in it as a sales tool. I personally think that it is a great thing. I was surprised they were giving away free snacks. I would not be offended if they sold snacks instead to help offset the cost. (They should leave the drinks free though.)

If you can get suckers to pay you $20K to use a lounge a handful of times a year, why wouldn't you do that??? If I was a big shareholder I'd be raking the board over the coals for not building one (or four!) at WDW years ago. :yo-yo:

If you can get suckers to pay you $20K to use a lounge a handful of times a year, why wouldn't you do that??? If I was a big shareholder I'd be raking the board over the coals for not building one (or four!) at WDW years ago. :yo-yo:

Because as I said above - it's expensive to run. $20,000 a year seems like a lot, multiply it by 1000 members its $20 Million, but if it then costs you $15 Million to run all four clubs the profit margins just don't benefit. When I was there - there were at LEAST 20 employees in the place and about the same number of guests. And they aren't staffing Club 33 with the same $10 an hour CM that are standing behind the counter at QS locations - these are top CMs that are making top pay. Executive Chefs in the kitchens, Somoliers, etc. Club 33 maintenance fees has skyrocketed over the last 10 years for a number of reason - one of which is likely the profitability of running the Club.

This could well be why the discussion is more a series of lounges....lower overhead costs might make it worth Disney's effort.

Is the dues the only income club33 makes? I was always under the impression that it was a pretty expensive bar and restaurant inside and the dues was just membership to walk into it. I would think a lot of the day to day costs would be covered by the patrons additional purchases.

Is the dues the only income club33 makes? I was always under the impression that it was a pretty expensive bar and restaurant inside and the dues was just membership to walk into it. I would think a lot of the day to day costs would be covered by the patrons additional purchases.
You still have to pay for the food on top of your membership. People who are dining there pay a bill at the end just like any other restaurant. A lot of the people dining there on a daily basis aren't actual member anyways but friends of members.

Yes - this is correct - I'm sure that does offset some of the operating expenses. The prices are pretty steep - but not unreasonable for high-end dining or DIsney dining. Lunch and Dinner are both Prix Fixe (Sp?) - Lunch was I think $85 for 4 courses/$75 for 3 courses. Dinner is $125 and is 5 courses.
(I didn't mind paying it for myself and DW - but like most Disney restaurants if your child is over 9 you have to order off the adult menu - it was a bit steep for my 12 year old who substituted an adult portion of the kids mac and cheese for her entree - and didn't eat the appetizer - so it essentially cost me $75 for mac and cheese and the dessert she ate.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter