Clothing during massage?

tink5

Mouseketeer
I have never been to a spa before, what exactly are you suppose to wear (or not wear) when getting a massage? :confused: Thanks!

Either nothing at all, or just your undies. I am fairly modest, but friends who have had many massages told me that they are very discreet. It is true. They always have towels over you and I never felt funny about it. You go to the changing room and they give you a robe to put on, you put your clothes in a locker and off you go. If I was you, I would tell them it is your first massage. I know they will make you comfortable.

Have a great time and enjoy the relaxing experience.

Originally posted by SchultzFamily
The LESS the better!:eek:
Vickie:wave2:
That is true. You need to have your entire back exposed, so a bathingsuit won't work. If you want, you can keep your underwear on, but be prepared for it to get oily. I get massages in the buff. They are really trained well and never do see anything since you're covered up with towels. They are very discreet, and I've never felt uncomfortable.

Ya know I have wanted to know the answer to this question as well, just never asked. DH and I are getting out first massage on DCL for our cruise with the REAS package - I can't wait!!

Thanks for the answer.

Lisa

Originally posted by RIDISNEYLOVERS
Ya know I have wanted to know the answer to this question as well, just never asked. DH and I are getting out first massage on DCL for our cruise with the REAS package - I can't wait!!

Thanks for the answer.

Lisa
Lisa - We're on the same cruise and also booked the REAS. We have our massage on Monday at 10:30 and then are doing brunch at 12:00 on Monday. Our Palo night is Wed at 7:00 and we're doing Tea on Thursday. Maybe we'll be meeting up in the spa!!!

Originally posted by RIDISNEYLOVERS

Thanks for the answer.

Lisa

My DH and I did the couples REAS massage in May. I thought he was going to keep his boxers on but he decided to go without. I also chose to wear nothing under the towel. you are covered where you need to be covered during the massage -- however I did get more of a "full body" massage than my husband got! LOL!

Thanks everyone for your help. I was afraid I would go in there buck naked and have them say "oh my, your suppose to leave your underware on!":blush:

They should set up one of those instant snap-shot camera deals like they have on some of the attractions at Disney. You come in, drop the robe to get on the table and ***snap***. You can then buy the pictures in Shutters for $19.95 in 10x12s!

:jester:

DH and I had our first massage on the Magic in July. It was a couples, well being, aromatheropy massage. I was not sure what to wear (or not wear) and the thought of wearing nothing seemed kind of "sleazy" to me. (not the word I want to use, but can;t think of a better one!)

Well, once we were in the room, it was very comfortable and professional. I did not mind a bit just having my undies on. They have a huge towel that is draped on you so you are really not completely uncovered at all.

I was feeling so wonderful when I was told to turn over, I can't quite remember how they did it, but again, it was very, very professional. I didn't even feel the least bit odd having a young, nice looking girl's hands over DH's body! ;) ;)

Just go and enjoy the luxury!!

Karen

I'm enjoying this thread....DH and I have our first massages coming up on our cruise next month. It's nice knowing exactly what to expect
:p

Seaspray-you will LOVE it!! As we left the spa and walked around a bit, I had a few people say to us, "You must have just had a massage---you have that glazed over look on your face!"

I love going to the spa!!

I'm planning on doing several spa treatments but this will be my first time for the Tropical Rainforest room. Do the give you a robe when you want to use this room? LOL - at least I know to keep my bathing suit ON for the Rainforest room. :earseek:

Yes, they do give you a robe for the Rainforest. Most people wear it in, then hang in up and use their swimsuits while they are in there. But once a woman came in buck naked under towels! :earseek: She was American, no European, and she was surprised to discover it was co-ed, but she didn't leave. She just plopped down on a heated tile lounger with towels covered the important parts (well, at least most of them).

As for massages, they are great at making you feel comfortable. When you turn, they hold up the towels so it is totally modest. I have even had a male masseuse, and I felt totally at ease because it is done so professionally.

But hubby has admitted that part of the reason he wouldn't try the seaweed wrap for so long was the thought of wearing those paper panties. :jester:

Barb

DH and I did the couples (well-being) massage just last week. We both wore our bathing suits and it was just fine. I had the top of my two off and hung it on the hook in the room. After the massage, we headed to the rainforest room and talked about how such small girls could knead so hard! It was great though.

We really liked the rainforest room and went there almost every day. It was nice to hide out from the kids. Many times, we were the only ones in there (surprising since the ship was completely full!)

We would recommend the spa!

Originally posted by ThreeCircles
They should set up one of those instant snap-shot camera deals like they have on some of the attractions at Disney. You come in, drop the robe to get on the table and ***snap***. You can then buy the pictures in Shutters for $19.95 in 10x12s!

:jester:

LOL thanks for the laugh...:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Originally posted by jel0511
That is true. You need to have your entire back exposed, so a bathingsuit won't work. If you want, you can keep your underwear on, but be prepared for it to get oily. I get massages in the buff. They are really trained well and never do see anything since you're covered up with towels. They are very discreet, and I've never felt uncomfortable.

Yes, but if anyone is doing a seaweed or mud wrap, they'll
give you paper undies. :eek:

Attractive......NOT! But they are necessary!

When I got my message last cruise, I was SO scared! Y'know...I'm no skinny minnie w/ a slammin body, so I put on the robe but when I got into the room, the masseuse was so sweet and friendly, and the ambiance in the room was so...mellow, I just took off the robe, and left my panties on. But I was covered where I needed to be covered :blush: and when I had to turn over, she held the sarong high above, so I can turn and she wouldn't see me. (I think she knew I was a bit nervous).

Over all, it was a great experience and very professional! I can't WAIT to go back again and try!!! :teeth: :teeth:

tink5: please check your PMs....I sent you one several days ago, but it's still unread......looks like you didn't get notification.

Jeanneg ~ Just got your PM. Sorry I did't see it before, I usually never check because nobody ever PM's me. Anyway, thanks for the info I'll check out the cruise meets link. See you there. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter