Clothes Line Question

rebelstand

Mouseketeer
I was at WDW.com just looking around and I saw the Mom's Panel (which I'd used for our last stay to ask a food allergy question for our last trip). I realized that while I assumed clotheslines were ok, I did not actually know. I decided to submit a question. Since they don't promise to answer, I then did a google search which gave me several threads (one of which was a highly entertaining thread from disboards that included a discussion on flying green underwear). I just received an answer from the Mom's Panel, she said no. Obviously, I've seen pictures here of clothes hanging on the line.

We are going to be at FW for 6 days, it's a 3 day drive to get there. My DH and DS are allergic to anything that's not free and clear laundry detergent. I can't remember the last time I used fabric softners, which can hang around in the machine for several washes. One of the reason's we got a TT was due to the number of trips we'd have to visit an after hours doctor for medicine to get control of the hives. I am bringing a Wonder Washer to do the laundry but I will need to hang up some towels, jeans, and shirts outside (promise, not to hang out the dra'ers-there as I don't have any neon green) on a drying rack.

So the question is, has FW changed the rules or is this Mom's Panel lady just guessing at the answer?

I am not sure if there really is a rule but many campers do hang some clothes on a line. I don't think yo uwill get in trouble for dong it. :thumbsup2

we just left the fort on 12-2 and i put up a Clothes Line and no one said anything to me about it

We have had a clothes lines up every trip and have never had anyone say anything to us
have a great trip

I have never seen anything in any of the FW rules that says you can't have a clothes line. Even though we use the cloths dryer, I put a clothes line up if only for the beach towels.

Florida_2010_day420.JPG

We had a clothesline up and had no problem. They even sell rope for clotheslines at the trading post, so you should be fine. I would seriously reconsider not hanging your green thongs when you are there though. It's the new way for disers to spot each other! ;)

Florida_2010_day420.JPG

I am guessing they wouldn't sell the rope if it was against the rules.

As for the thongs, sadly... I simply just don't have any. Had I of known that they were needed..sigh...however, I will be on the look out next time I go shopping to see if I can't find me a pair. Then I'll be prepared for the next trip!

Are you sure? Your signature says you have clothes that don't have Auburn on them...but I am not sure I believe it....:thumbsup2

I didn't say I bought them.;) They were gifts. Gifts go on the clothesline for display only like this example.;)

75618_1710218273945_1192749535_31908296_4954984_n.jpg

I think the reason they dont want clothes lines is because people will put nails in trees to hang the rope from. We always put one up with no problems.I dont hang out our green drawls because kids start to hang around thinking the circus is in town!:banana:

We always hang up a clothes line, mostly to dry the towels and wash cloths after taking showers. Funny story: One morning in the 1500 loop, DH grabbed his towel off the line, and out flew a BAT -- right at his face!! I'm pretty sure he woke up the rest of the loop, if not the rest of the campground! (He's deathly afraid of bats!)

So, from then on, I'm always the one that has to do the "bat check" under the towels every morning. :rotfl2:

We always hang up a clothes line, mostly to dry the towels and wash cloths after taking showers. Funny story: One morning in the 1500 loop, DH grabbed his towel off the line, and out flew a BAT -- right at his face!! I'm pretty sure he woke up the rest of the loop, if not the rest of the campground! (He's deathly afraid of bats!)

So, from then on, I'm always the one that has to do the "bat check" under the towels every morning. :rotfl2:

I somehow missed this when it first posted. Thanks for the laugh tonight!!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter