Closing Time!

Does anyone know the average wait time for *** to send closing docs? I'm just wondering if this is limited to my purchase or does Magic Vacation Title take long to send closing docs? I'm going on 3+ weeks after passing ROFR and still waiting. I don't remember waiting nearly as long for Mason, Jeffrey Sweet, or even First American.
It took almost a full month for us to get our closing documents from Magic Vacation Title. I personally would not use them again after our experience.

We did it!!!
Final Update:

Home Resort: Animal Kingdom
Broker: dvcsales.com
Title Company: www.masontitle.com
Offer Made: 5/12/23
Offer Accepted: 5/12/13
Sent to ROFR: 5/13/23
Passed ROFR: 6/2/23
Closing Docs Received: 6/7/23
Closing Docs Returned: 6/13/23
Closing: 6/16/23
Deed Recorded: 6/19/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/6/23
Points in Account: 7/7/23 via phone call

Total Day: 56 days

Thank you so much to everyone on this board for the invaluable information that made the resale waiting game bearable lol. Our first reservation is booked, a 2 bedroom at CCV. I hope anyone who is still waiting hears soon!
My deed recorded the day after yours! And still no membership #. This is my second contract and I feel like I’ve been much more patient on this one!

I am also awaiting a membership email for a deed recorded on 6/21. It has gone beyond being patient to be a lesson in patience! It seems quite a few of us are on the tail of the great ROFR monster sleeping buying frenzy of ‘23. For those that went to ROFR after us, things seem to be moving much more quickly!

Its been over 3 weeks and the sellers still haven't signed the final closing documents. UGH.
I feel you. It's been over 2 weeks, i think, for us and the sellers were the ones who reached out to us (thru the resale company). Thought they would have acted a little quicker.

I’m somewhat in the same boat! Our deed recorded 6/22 and I have points that must be used before Nov. fingers crossed we hear something Mon/Tues! I feel like waiting for DVC has been the worst part. 😂
This has been the worst part! I have a banking deadline quickly approaching and I need to know if I can squeeze in a trip this year or need to save them for next year. Plus my 11 month window is open!

My deed recorded the day after yours! And still no membership #. This is my second contract and I feel like I’ve been much more patient on this one!
Oh man, I hope you hear soon! Ya, the waiting was seriously no joke, and I thought the ROFR wait was bad, but no waiting for your account setup and points was much worse.

FINAL UPDATE! This was our fastest process out of 3 contracts.

Home Resort: VGC
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 4/27/23
Offer accepted: 4/27/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/3/23
Passed ROFR: 5/26/23
Closing docs received: 6/7/23
Closing docs returned: 6/9/23
Closing: 6/15/23
Deed recorded: 6/15/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/3/23
Points in account: 7/8/23

Days Total: 72 days

Final Update:

Home Resort: Beach Club Villas
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 4/30/23
Offer accepted: 5/2/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/3/23
Passed ROFR: 5/23/23 (20 days)
Closing docs received: 6/2/23
Closing docs returned: 6/2/23 (buyer), 6/8/23 (seller), funds wired 6/9/23
Closing: 6/15/23
Deed recorded: 6/15/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing Member): 7/3/23
Points in account: 7/8/23

Days Total: 70

This makes a flat 1000 pts across 4 resorts. :drinking:

I hope so too! I leave for a work trip at noon tomorrow and I will be completely offline for 3 days. Terrible timing for my 6/20 deed
I’m hoping tomorrow they roll through a bunch of deeds from 6/20 and on. We’re all so close!! Hang in there!
I'm waiting on an SSR contract with a deed recording date of 6/21. When I closed on PVB in April of this year, it took me closer to 3 weeks for my contract to be loaded. Hopefully, we all get news within the next day or so.🤞

I'm waiting on an SSR contract with a deed recording date of 6/21. When I closed on PVB in April of this year, it took me closer to 3 weeks for my contract to be loaded. Hopefully, we all get news within the next day or so.🤞

I’m 6/21 as well. Hopeful we hear asap! When I do, I’ll come running here to report. :moped:

Final Update!!!

Home Resort: BLT
Broker:
Title Company:
Offer made: 5/7
Offer accepted: 5/7
Sent to ROFR: 5/9
Passed ROFR: 5/31
Closing docs received: 6/4
Closing docs returned: 6/6 (buyer via FedEx), 6/13 (seller via FedEx)
Closing: 6/16
Deed recorded: 6/19
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/6
Points in account: 7/7 via chat

Days Total: 61 long days

Already booked first two stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter