Home Resort: BLT
Broker:
Title Company:
Offer made: 5/7
Offer accepted: 5/7
Sent to ROFR: 5/9
Passed ROFR: 5/31
Closing docs received: 6/4
Closing docs returned: 6/6 (buyer via FedEx), 6/13 (seller via FedEx)
Closing: 6/16
Deed recorded: 6/19
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/6
Points in account: cast member via chat told me points were not ready and to try again tomorrow

Days Total: 60 days so far

Update #2

Home Resort: Animal Kingdom
Broker: https://dvcsales.com/
Title Company: https://dvcclosings.com/
Offer made: 6/14
Offer accepted: 6/14
Sent to ROFR: 6/15
Passed ROFR: 6/30 (15 Days)
Closing docs received: 7/6
Closing docs returned: 7/6/23 (buyer), funds wired 7/6/23, TBD (seller),
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing):
Points in account:

Days Total:

(Seems like the Broker missed sending the ROFR waiver/estoppel to title company which cause some delay)

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/
Title Company: www.masontitle.com
Offer made: 6/14/23
Offer accepted: 6/14/23
Sent to ROFR: 6/16/23
Passed ROFR: 6/30/23
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned (buyer):
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Updated

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/
Offer made: 6/14/23
Offer accepted: 6/14/23
Sent to ROFR: 6/16/23
Passed ROFR: 6/30/23
Closing docs received: 7/5/23
Closing docs returned (buyer): 7/6/23
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

I’d love an explanation on that too. Is there a company that seems faster than the rest?

Mason seems to get things out sooner but I think it could be related to volume or how each handles their business.

I have used a few and for us, the few days vs a week thst it took didn’t make a huge difference especially since the one that we got documents the fastest had the slowest seller.

I’d love an explanation on that too. Is there a company that seems faster than the rest?
I don't think there is one. Real Estate agents all use closing document software (there are tons of them out there). Once a contract has cleared ROFR and an estoppel certificate has been issued, the only thing left that needs to be accounted for is prior payoff (or other settlement) and new loan info. All of that gets entered into the closing doc software, and voila, the closing packet gets spat out. For most DVC resale contracts, that amounts to about 5 pages of docs, 90% of which is comprised on boilerplate contract language, and about 10% of which is actual contract-specific data. And THAT gets generated automatically.

Back in April, I made an offer on a VB resale contract. The owners made a counter offer, but I declined and went for something else. Exactly a month later, I was contacted by the resale company asking if I was interested in the same property, and this time the sellers came down even more. (I had just started the closing process on the other one I went for.) I did accept the seller's offer, we passed ROFR, received our closing paperwork and returned it on 6/22. I reached out to the title company today and they are still waiting on the paperwork from the sellers. I know it's only been two weeks, but I thought it would have gone quicker, since they reached out to me (thru the resale co). I'm hoping they get their stuff in soon. I would think they would want their money. I've already booked two trips for next month and have half of my 2024 points left. i'm getting anxious and want to book another trip. LOL!!

Does anyone know the average wait time for *** to send closing docs? I'm just wondering if this is limited to my purchase or does Magic Vacation Title take long to send closing docs? I'm going on 3+ weeks after passing ROFR and still waiting. I don't remember waiting nearly as long for Mason, Jeffrey Sweet, or even First American.

We did it!!!
Final Update:

Broker: dvcsales.com
Offer Made: 5/12/23
Offer Accepted: 5/12/13
Sent to ROFR: 5/13/23
Passed ROFR: 6/2/23
Closing Docs Received: 6/7/23
Closing Docs Returned: 6/13/23
Closing: 6/16/23
Deed Recorded: 6/19/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/6/23
Points in Account: 7/7/23 via phone call

Total Day: 56 days

Thank you so much to everyone on this board for the invaluable information that made the resale waiting game bearable lol. Our first reservation is booked, a 2 bedroom at CCV. I hope anyone who is still waiting hears soon!

Does anyone know the average wait time for *** to send closing docs? I'm just wondering if this is limited to my purchase or does Magic Vacation Title take long to send closing docs? I'm going on 3+ weeks after passing ROFR and still waiting. I don't remember waiting nearly as long for Mason, Jeffrey Sweet, or even First American.
The pattern that I have seen through this thread is that they do generally take longer than others. I saw some people saying that it was around a month. But you can always reach out to them to see if there is an update.

We did it!!!
Final Update:

Broker: dvcsales.com
Offer Made: 5/12/23
Offer Accepted: 5/12/13
Sent to ROFR: 5/13/23
Passed ROFR: 6/2/23
Closing Docs Received: 6/7/23
Closing Docs Returned: 6/13/23
Closing: 6/16/23
Deed Recorded: 6/19/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/6/23
Points in Account: 7/7/23 via phone call

Total Day: 56 days

Thank you so much to everyone on this board for the invaluable information that made the resale waiting game bearable lol. Our first reservation is booked, a 2 bedroom at CCV. I hope anyone who is still waiting hears soon!
This is helpful! I'm about 3 weeks behind you. Hoping my points are loaded before the end of the month

It's all anecdotal but if you start around 20-40 pages back in this thread you'll get a good sense. I chose Mason based on a quick review of this thread in seeing that Magic Vacation Title seemed to be taking close to a month to get docs. I had my docs from Mason in 3-4 days, that included a weekend.

As a new resale member what do you receive from Disney? Sounds like I should expect an email with an activation code, will the closing company have given them my email?

As a new resale member what do you receive from Disney? Sounds like I should expect an email with an activation code, will the closing company have given them my email?
Two emails - one with an activation code, one with your club member ID - you will need both to set up your DVC account. Yep, closing company will give your email. Some ppl report getting only one of the two required emails. Mine both came, but about 7 hours apart.

Three weeks for me today for Magic Vacation Title too. I keep trying to remind myself the longer it takes to get my closing the more paychecks I get to save, but it's getting frustrating. I reached out to my "concierge" who told me I have nothing to worry about, there is plenty of time to close.

Contract date is August 2nd and I'm on vacation starting July 28th. My first contract, so I'm not sure I'll be able to wire transfer from my credit union on the go.

I'd love to know the reason why it takes so long to produce a basically boilerplate legal document.

Three weeks for me today for Magic Vacation Title too.
My anecdotal experience was from last year - Magic Vacation took almost a month to provide closing docs after passing ROFR, Mason had them ready for me the next day.
Sorry to hear that there are still delays. It's especially frustrating after the rush of passing ROFR. I've been specifically requesting Mason ever since. 🤷‍♀️

So. Close! Seeing a few posts with 6.19 deed recording dates getting their points. Anxiously awaiting my emails from Disney
Our deed recorded 6.20 and thought for sure today I would get an email but nothing. I am trying hard to be patient but every day is harder.

On day 21 from closing and still nothing from DVC. I was really hoping today would be the day based on some of the other posts. Does anyone know if they work Saturdays, or should I now resign to looking for an email on Monday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter