Closing Time!

I'd be doing some follow-up. 3+ weeks is getting out there a bit, even for the slower title companies.
To be fair, it’s Aulani and First American Hawaii, and they are slower. Still. I’ve been checking up with them about once a week, and they said Tuesday that I should get docs within the next week or possibly sooner so here’s to hoping.

To be fair, it’s Aulani and First American Hawaii, and they are slower. Still. I’ve been checking up with them about once a week, and they said Tuesday that I should get docs within the next week or possibly sooner so here’s to hoping.
First American is absolutely the worst (likely the result of being the nations' biggest title company and just not caring), and one I'd absolutely refuse to use. It's tough when it's Aulani though, as there are few of the regular suspects that are licensed there, but I would definitely do some research on the boards as there are a couple of players who do handle Aulani besides First American if you decide to purchase more AUL in the future.

OK I received the email from Disney with a new club ID. But I don't have an activation code. Since I am already a member, I assumed the new member number would just appear under my account, so not sure where to go from here.

OK I received the email from Disney with a new club ID. But I don't have an activation code. Since I am already a member, I assumed the new member number would just appear under my account, so not sure where to go from here.

Since you already have a DVC account, you can just log in to see the new contract.

Okay friends...I just read the last few pages and looks like a lot of you are using Mason. Do they still have pretty fast turnaround these days? Of course if the sellers are slow returning docs, that doesn't count.

Update! Was hoping, but not expecting to pass ROFR this week!

Home Resort: Old Key West - Extended
Broker:
Title Company: DVC Closings
Offer made: 6/13/23
Offer accepted: 6/13/23
Sent to ROFR: 6/14/23
Passed ROFR: 06/30/23 (16 days)
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Okay friends...I just read the last few pages and looks like a lot of you are using Mason. Do they still have pretty fast turnaround these days? Of course if the sellers are slow returning docs, that doesn't count.
It was about a month ago but had docs very quickly. Passed 5/30 (Tuesday, day after Memorial Day), Doc Friday late afternoon (6/2).

Home Resort: HHI
Broker:
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/6/23
Offer accepted: 6/6/23
Sent to ROFR: 6/8/23
Passed ROFR: 6/22/23
Closing docs received:6/29/23
Closing docs returned:6/30/23
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Just a couple of notes regarding HHI resales. We purchased a resale about 15 years ago. But after this last trip we wanted to add some points so we would be able to go every year. We only had enough to go 2 out of 3 years.
Closing is a little different for HHI. An attorney is needed. It was required last time also.
But right after we recd the closing paperwork from Mason, we had an email from the attorney's office to set an appt for review of paperwork. The called the next day and reviewed the paperwork, asked if we had any questions.
Went fine and now we wait for closing.

It was about a month ago but had docs very quickly. Passed 5/30 (Tuesday, day after Memorial Day), Doc Friday late afternoon (6/2).
We waited a week. Kind of surprised since it really moved quickly until then. Emailed them, We had the paperwork within an hour. Seemed like it must have been ready and sent when they received our email.

I used Mason and I received closing docs within 5 days, including a weekend, of passing ROFR. For reference, I passed ROFR on 6/2 and received closing docs on 6/7. I have been happy working with them.

Update #3

Home Resort: SSR
Broker:
Title Company: masontitle.com
Offer made: 5/27
Offer accepted: 5/28
Sent to ROFR: 5/29
Passed ROFR: 6/16 (18 days)
Closing docs received: 6/21 (23 days)
Closing docs returned (buyer): 6/21
Closing docs returned (seller): 6/28
Funds wired: 6/22
Closing: 6/30 (32 days)
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

32 days from signing purchase contract to closing!! 😃

Final Update (International seller)

Home Resort: Aulani
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: https://www.firstam.com/ (Julie at Hawaii location)
Offer made: 3/22/23
Offer accepted: 3/22/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/24/23
Passed ROFR: 3/31/23 (7 days)
Closing docs received: 4/27/23 (27 days)
Closing docs returned: 4/28/23 (buyer)
Closing docs signed: 5/22/23 (seller)
Closing docs returned: 6/9/23 (seller)
Closing: 6/9/23
Deed recorded: 6/14/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 6/29/23
Points in account: 6/30/23 (via chat)

Days Total: 100 days

After years of renting we finally made an offer! got accepted and now in rofr (hope it passes)
I wish I would have payed more attention to the title company. After reading how long magic takes I wish I would have requested mason or Cammy's new company. Is there anything I can do to change it? or not worth it at this point?
Thank you!

Last edited:
After years of renting we finally made an offer! got accepted and now in rofr (hope it passes)
I wish I would have payed more attention to the title company. After reading how long magic takes I wish I would have requested mason or Cammy's new company. Is there anything I can do to change it? or not worth it at this point?
Thank you!
Someone may correct me, but I believe once it goes to ROFR, there is nothing that can be done, except back out of the entire deal if you are within 10 days of contract signing. I know the wait can be terrible, but congratulations on your first contract!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter