Passed ROFR: 4/28/23
Closing docs received: 5/18/23
Closing docs returned: 5/23/23 (buyer)
Closing: 6/2/23
Deed recorded: 6/6/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

I was told they were arriving last Friday. Never arrived till Wednesday. Just got the email that the closing happened!! Fingers crossed yours is right behind me!! Assuming Disney will now take 5 weeks cause that is the pattern with the contract!
Woohooooo! Finally! At least the wait is over, it’s yours. You can exhale.

Our broker replied checked on things and it seems the title company had the paperwork as of yesterday morning. She expected them to reach out by close of business, but hopefully we will hear from them on Monday. Hopefully we are on your heels!

Final Update!
Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/14/2023
Offer accepted: 4/14/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/17/2023
Passed ROFR: 5/8/2023
Closing docs received: 5/12/2023
Closing docs returned: 5/15/2023
Closing: 5/23/2023
Deed recorded: 5/24/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 6/9/2023
Points in account: 6/9/2023 (added via chat)

Days Total: 53

Home Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: magicvacationtitle.com
Offer made: 4/18/23
Offer accepted: 4/18/23
Sent to ROFR: 4/19/23
Passed ROFR: 5/12/23
Closing docs received: 5/24/23
Closing docs returned: 5/31/23 (buyer)Had to find new Notary otherwise would have been done 5/24
Closing: 6/6/23
Deed recorded: 6/12/23
Points in account:

Days Total:55 So far...getting close now

Has anyone else had a chat rep tell them the resale points are not ready for deposit yet and to try back in a few days? I just got my emails this morning and tried right away.

Has anyone else had a chat rep tell them the resale points are not ready for deposit yet and to try back in a few days? I just got my emails this morning and tried right away.

They said that then they showed up lol.
Yeah I think that's more likely than not to be their response when we first reach out to Member Services b/c it's the Member Admin team that loads the points. Glad you got your points loaded!

Ok question for the experts.... We're waiting on seller signed documents for a contract with a December use year, with full 2022 points available. We're wanting to bank them, understand deadline in EOM July. Here's my problem, the sellers are in CANADA and apparently getting a notary there is a whole process.... I had no idea until I got closing docs (thanks Fidelity....)
If it takes Disney too long to create membership/load points, is there a chance the pixie dust fairy can help me bank? Can I ask sellers to bank?

Ok question for the experts.... We're waiting on seller signed documents for a contract with a December use year, with full 2022 points available. We're wanting to bank them, understand deadline in EOM July. Here's my problem, the sellers are in CANADA and apparently getting a notary there is a whole process.... I had no idea until I got closing docs (thanks Fidelity....)
If it takes Disney too long to create membership/load points, is there a chance the pixie dust fairy can help me bank? Can I ask sellers to bank?
I would ask the sellers to bank pronto!

Not sure if they can bank once it’s gone to ROFR since it changes the point year totals. Hopefully everything speeds through!

Finally completed! Took extra time as the deed wasn’t signed only stamped, this didn’t get picked up by Mason or Orange county 😡 Disney noticed, we had to then jump on our brokers and Mason to get it sorted. After we received our first welcome home email, we spoke to Disney who loaded points straight away.

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: https://www.****************.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 04/01
Offer accepted: 04/02
Sent to ROFR: 04/03
Passed ROFR: 04/17
Closing docs received: 04/21
Closing docs returned: 04/21
Closing: 05/02
Deed recorded: 05/03
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 06/07
Points in account: 06/08

Days Total: 69

Getting a notary in Canada is NOT difficult, imo, unless you live in some remote small town or rural area. Any decent-sized city has multiple options.

Our projected closing date is today....but our title company says they are still waiting for a few items from the seller! Ughhh!

lets-go-people-liz-lemon.gif

Update:

Home Resort: Aulani
Broker: https://vacatia.com/find-timeshares-for-sale
Title Company: www.firstam.com
Offer made: 4/11/23
Offer accepted: 4/12/23
Sent to ROFR: 4/13/23
Passed ROFR: 5/1/23
Closing docs received: 5/18/23
Closing docs returned: 5/22/23
Closing: 6/2/23
Deed recorded: 6/2/23
Contract Showing on Membership: 6/12/23
Points in account:

Days Total:

Soooo close!

Last edited by a moderator:
Final Update!
Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/14/2023
Offer accepted: 4/14/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/17/2023
Passed ROFR: 5/8/2023
Closing docs received: 5/12/2023
Closing docs returned: 5/15/2023
Closing: 5/23/2023
Deed recorded: 5/24/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 6/9/2023
Points in account: 6/9/2023 (added via chat)

Days Total: 53
That's pretty fast!! Congrats!

I remember seeing someone post about it before, but I can’t find it in the search. What should an existing member be looking for on the DVC website to indicate that our new same UY contract has been loaded?

Our deed was recorded June 2nd, and I’m seeing some others from that date start to pop up here as “contract showing” but I have no idea what I’m looking for to know if mine is showing too.

I remember seeing someone post about it before, but I can’t find it in the search. What should an existing member be looking for on the DVC website to indicate that our new same UY contract has been loaded?

Our deed was recorded June 2nd, and I’m seeing some others from that date start to pop up here as “contract showing” but I have no idea what I’m looking for to know if mine is showing too.
You'll see the resort image under your dashboard. Alternatively, you can see the new contract number under My Profile, in Membership Information.

Getting a notary in Canada is NOT difficult, imo, unless you live in some remote small town or rural area. Any decent-sized city has multiple options.

Good - so I'll bug the title company to get moving! Haha
I had heard - but don't know for sure - that the sellers have to get themselves over to a US embassy for signing docs, that a regular notary won't do! I hope this is incorrect as it sounds nutty.

Updated (International Seller)
Home Resort: Aulani
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: https://www.firstam.com/ (Julie at Hawaii location)
Offer made: 3/22/23
Offer accepted: 3/22/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/24/23
Passed ROFR: 3/31/23 (7 days)
Closing docs received: 4/27/23 (27 days)
Closing docs returned: 4/28/23 (buyer)
Closing docs signed: 5/22/23 (seller)
Closing docs returned: 6/9/23 (seller)
Closing: 6/14/23
Deed recorded: 6/14/23
Points in account:

Days Total: TBD

There was a bit of a snafu with the closing docs. The title company stated they hadn’t received it, when tracking showed it was delivered a week prior. They found it and pushed to close. Have yet to hear directly from them, but did see deed listed on comptroller site. However, the sellers (4 names) and buyers (two names, myself and husband) are listed as both grantor(s) and grantee(s). Is this accurate?

ETA: Title company looked into comptroller site error and said deed was recorded accurately. Not sure why it’s showing up that way on the website.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter