Closing Time!

I think so too.

We did go ahead with our plan to buy GFV, just went direct instead and that contact & pts were in account & used within 2 hrs

But for PVB resale closed on 4/25 and still impatiently waiting for it to show up in existing account, really only been 11 days so far …just seems longer.

In the meantime keep seeing room inventory for after Thanksgiving week going down..down..down.
We were trying to book something for October. I have time to stalk the calendar and I know we will end up with something but I could have had exactly what I wanted as recently as Tuesday/Wednesday if I had my account. It's really frustrating but I guess it is what it is.

I think so too.

We did go ahead with our plan to buy GFV, just went direct instead and that contact & pts were in account & used within 2 hrs

But for PVB resale closed on 4/25 and still impatiently waiting for it to show up in existing account, really only been 11 days so far …just seems longer.

In the meantime keep seeing room inventory for after Thanksgiving week going down..down..down.

We are traveling in SEP because it lines up with a short school break and will probably have to do an SSR 1 bedroom as that’s about all that will be left. I’m hoping we have our account emails by the middle of May.

We booked plane tickets a few weeks ago because we got a really good deal on them so this waiting period has been pretty stressful

Question, we closed on 4/28, when I looked up my deed it was recorded 5/2. Seems like most posts on here get their deeds recorded the day after closing so wondered if that delays the time before I’ll receive my activation emails? Eager to book a late July trip so trying to be patient but so hard.

Question, we closed on 4/28, when I looked up my deed it was recorded 5/2. Seems like most posts on here get their deeds recorded the day after closing so wondered if that delays the time before I’ll receive my activation emails? Eager to book a late July trip so trying to be patient but so hard.
April 28 was a Friday and your deed was recorded on the following Tuesday. I don’t think there’s a delay at all?

We closed on the 28th also and our deed recorded on the 2nd as well. I think that’s about the normal processing time considering they don’t work weekends.

Same happened with me. Called Mason immediately. They said it is on the buyer and they will take care of it. That is if we ever get to close. They are still waiting for an appt at the US embassy. Waiting over a month now.
Oh my word. 😳 May I ask where the sellers are from?

The period after recording is always then”worst” for me. I’m not anxious to see the points in my account, and I usually don’t have any immediate need for them, but its just something that is unfinished and dangling out there,and I want it to be done and complete.

Home Resort: Boardwalk Villas
Broker: ****************.com
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 3/22/23
Offer accepted: 3/23/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/24/23
Passed ROFR: 3/31/23
Closing docs received: 4/10/23
Closing docs returned: 4/11/23
Closing: 4/20/23
Deed recorded: 4/21/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 5/5 or 5/6??
Points in account:

Days Total:

I guess DVC doesn't always email you when your new membership is added. I logged on to my account today to book a "last minute" Thanksgiving trip and my BWV contract was on my Dashboard...

I hadn't logged into my account since 5/4 so it possibly was added on Friday 5/5 or Saturday 5/6. I will be contacting them on Monday to see if I can get the points loaded :banana:.

FINAL UPDATE:

Home Resort: BCV
Broker:
Title Company:
Offer made: 3/30/2023
Offer accepted: 3/30/2023
Sent to ROFR: 3/31/2023
Passed ROFR: 4/13/2023
Closing docs received: 4/17/2023
Closing docs returned: 4/17/2023 (buyer), 4/19/2023 (seller)
Funds wired: 4/21/2023
Closing: 4/24/2023
Deed recorded: 4/25/2023
Contract Showing on Membership: 5/6/2023, Saturday evening
Points in account: 5/7/23 (via chat)
Days Total: 38 days

Thankfully I was able to get points added to the membership quickly via chat when a room I needed to keep me from moving rooms during a Wine & Dine trip showed up this morning. Can't wait till we can actually use points to stay at Beach Club next year.

UPDATE:

Home Resort: Boardwalk Villas
Broker: ****************.com
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 3/22/23
Offer accepted: 3/23/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/24/23
Passed ROFR: 3/31/23
Closing docs received: 4/10/23
Closing docs returned: 4/11/23
Closing: 4/20/23
Deed recorded: 4/21/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 5/5 or 5/6??
Points in account: 5/7/23

Days Total: 46 Days

YAY, I was able to chat today and get my points loaded :banana:

Anyone ever have to wait a long time for buyers to send funds? I’m selling a small contract and sent my notarized docs back on April 17. Still waiting on buyer to send $$. Actually received the closing paperwork April 13, so it’s been 25 days. I contacted title company and broker who assured me everything was fine. But it seems really odd especially since the cost is less than $4k

Anyone ever have to wait a long time for buyers to send funds? I’m selling a small contract and sent my notarized docs back on April 17. Still waiting on buyer to send $$. Actually received the closing paperwork April 13, so it’s been 25 days. I contacted title company and broker who assured me everything was fine. But it seems really odd especially since the cost is less than $4k

I know that some buyers will wait to send funds once seller has returned documents, but since your documents are in, this does seem a bit odd. Hopefully soon!

I received my Welcome email from DVC last Wed 5/3/23. How long would you wait for the points to appear in your account before calling to inquire?

I received my Welcome email from DVC last Wed 5/3/23. How long would you wait for the points to appear in your account before calling to inquire?
We got our email at 3ish on Saturday and we were chatting with MS Sunday morning. They couldn't help us at the time (they said they'd put a request in then told us to check back in an hour to see if points were there... if they weren't we were told we should try again on Wednesday) but I chatted them again after it had been 24 hours since our second email and they immediately put them in our account.

You could almost definitely get your points today if you contacted them.

I’m really not trying to complain but based on other posts/people i talk to, my experience with buying resale has not been the least bit great.

My contract was signed by me on 3/14. Seller signed and we were off to ROFR on 3/24. Got back ROFR on 3/31. Went over to Mason and I signed everything by 4/4. Apparently seller did not send back/sign til 4/24. As soon as I got notice of that, I ran to the bank to wire my money over. 2 weeks with no response I finally reached out to a different person at my title company. Was told that the closing date is set for today.

Maybe I’m wrong but I see so many other people who went through all this after me that are getting their points/welcome letters. Here I am hoping I get points in time to book for August as most rooms are sold out for my dates now.

Do I have any chance of asking for some type of fee reimbursement? It feels as if so many people through this process were not on top of my contract as they should have been and that I just slipped through the cracks.

I’m sure people will disagree but this process has been a nightmare.

I think you could ask for an explanation but I also don’t know that the timing is wildly out of the norm, but check your contract - my contract says that the closing date shall be within 65 days of the effective date which is the date all parties signed (or the later date someone signed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter