Closing docs received: 11/7
Closing docs returned (buyer): 11/9
Closing funds sent: 11/9
Closing: 11/14
Deed recorded: 11/15
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 11/30
Points in account: 12/1

Days Total: 55

I did finally call and speak with someone instead of using the chat, and they were able to get my points loaded. She explained that they are sent over from member administration, and then processed. If member administration hasn't sent them yet they can't load them.

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: https://*******.com/
Title Company: TRCS, In
Offer made: 4/8
Offer accepted: 4/11
Sent to ROFR: 4/13
Passed ROFR: 5/5
Wait for the Delayed Closing Date of at least 10/31
Closing docs received: 10/20
Closing docs returned (buyer): 10/21 (had to resend 10/24 as did not open for the closing company)
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing funds sent: 10/28
Closing: ?
Deed recorded: 11/1
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): sometime between 11/23 and 11/25
Points in account: 11/28/22

I was going to wait it out, but the annual hiatus for loading (or whatever they call it) is starting soon and I wanted my points before that date. So, I got the points loaded via chat today with no problems.
Do they stop part of the resale process during the December holidays? My contract was sent to ROFR on 11/14, and I'm really hoping to be able to get the points in my account by January

Do they stop part of the resale process during the December holidays? My contract was sent to ROFR on 11/14, and I'm really hoping to be able to get the points in my account by January

There is a time when everyone is working on getting the dues statements up and loaded into everyone’s account. That does put a bit of delay in things in Terms of account creations, etc.

Its usually for about a week after the condo meeting.

Home Resort: OKW
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 10/24
Offer accepted: 10/24
Sent to ROFR: 10/25
Passed ROFR: 11/14
Closing docs received: 11/14
Closing docs returned (buyer): 11/14
Closing funds sent: 11/14
Closing: 11/22
Deed recorded: 11/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 12/2
Points in account: 12/3

Days Total: 40

Very pleased with the whole process. This was a 50 point contract and Fidelity had it listed as 0 points for 2022 but when I logged in, I was shocked to find there were 100 points for 2022!

Home Resort: Polynesian
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 10/24/2022
Offer accepted: 10/25/2022
Sent to ROFR: 10/31/2022
Passed ROFR: 11/16/2022
Closing docs received: 11/16/2022
Closing docs returned: 11/16/2022
Closing: 11/22/2022
Deed recorded: 11/23/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 12/2/22
Points in account: 12/3/22 (asked through chat)

Total days from offer to points = 40 days
Received both emails last night late (was surprised to get them "after hours"). This morning I activated my account and tried my hand at the chat. They put the points in right away. All said and done 40 days wasn't bad at all and I am excited to vacation!

Received both emails last night late (was surprised to get them "after hours"). This morning I activated my account and tried my hand at the chat. They put the points in right away. All said and done 40 days wasn't bad at all and I am excited to vacation!
Wow we have almost the same exact timeline! Such a smooth process.

Home Resort: SSR
Title Company: First American Title Ins. Co.
Offer made: 10/19
Offer accepted: 10/19
Sent to ROFR: 10/21
Passed ROFR: 11/10
Closing docs received: 11/16
Closing docs returned: 11/16 (Seller-11/21)
Closing: 11/28
Deed recorded: 11/28
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):12/9
Points in account: 12/10 (we called MS and they added the points for us:)

Days Total: 52

Home Resort: SSR
Title Company: First American Title Ins. Co.
Offer made: 10/19
Offer accepted: 10/19
Sent to ROFR: 10/21
Passed ROFR: 11/10
Closing docs received: 11/16
Closing docs returned: 11/16 (Seller-11/21)
Closing: 11/28
Deed recorded: 11/28
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):12/9
Points in account: 12/10 (we called MS and they added the points for us:)

Days Total: 52
We read (and were told) that this process could easily take 2-3 mos, possibly quicker but be patient it’s a process. I fully expected to be ROFR’d although Hubs was confident we wouldn’t be. Everything went smoothly, happened much quicker than we expected, and we were pretty happy with the process. Thanks for advice and good reading while we waited!

Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 10/17/2022
Offer accepted: 10/19/2022
Sent to ROFR: 10/20/2022
Passed ROFR: 11/9/2022
Closing docs returned (buyer): 11/17/2022
Closing docs returned (seller): 11/21/2022
Closing funds sent: 11/22/2022
Deed recorded: 11/29/2022 (finally!)
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 10/17/2022
Offer accepted: 10/19/2022
Sent to ROFR: 10/20/2022
Passed ROFR: 11/9/2022
Closing docs returned (buyer): 11/17/2022
Closing docs returned (seller): 11/21/2022
Closing funds sent: 11/22/2022
Deed recorded: 11/29/2022 (finally!)
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 12:5/2022
Points in account: 12/12/2022 (I chatted and were there within 10 mins)

Days Total: 60

We just closed on 12/06 and received the activation code and member ID emails yesterday. I called yesterday to get our points in our account and the lady I spoke with said they did not have my contract on file yet, so she couldn't add them. She said it normally takes a day or two after the emails go out. I called today and the lady I spoke with told me it normally takes 6-8 weeks for my points to arrive in my account. She did check for me anyways and her supervisor told her to tell me to call back in a week or so. Do I call tomorrow based on the information from the first lady I spoke with yesterday? Or do I give it more time? We are trying to book the Poly LV in August if possible due to the upcoming school year, but our back up dates are in September and we would just take them out for a few days.

We just closed on 12/06 and received the activation code and member ID emails yesterday. I called yesterday to get our points in our account and the lady I spoke with said they did not have my contract on file yet, so she couldn't add them. She said it normally takes a day or two after the emails go out. I called today and the lady I spoke with told me it normally takes 6-8 weeks for my points to arrive in my account. She did check for me anyways and her supervisor told her to tell me to call back in a week or so. Do I call tomorrow based on the information from the first lady I spoke with yesterday? Or do I give it more time? We are trying to book the Poly LV in August if possible due to the upcoming school year, but our back up dates are in September and we would just take them out for a few days.
Wait until tomorrow and try calling again or chat. Make sure you mention that you are trying to book a trip before the 7 month window opens up for other members. It absolutely should not take 6-8 weeks to get your points.

Wait until tomorrow and try calling again or chat. Make sure you mention that you are trying to book a trip before the 7 month window opens up for other members. It absolutely should not take 6-8 weeks to get your points.
I think they use the "6 to 8 weeks" line regardless of where you are in the process, as in "It can take a total of 6 to 8 weeks to complete the whole process, from close of contract until points loaded". Out of laziness, or whatever, they give you that line whether you've just closed your resale contract or have already received your membership emails. From memory, the longest I ever waited for points, without any prompts from me, was 19 days (on an add-on contract).

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: www.DVCStore.com
Title Company: Harris
Offer made: 7/3/2022
Offer accepted: 7/3/2022
Sent to ROFR: 7/11/2022
Passed ROFR: 8/03/22
Closing docs received: Delayed closing until 11/14
Closing docs returned: 11/14
Closing:11/14
Deed recorded:11/15
Contract Showing on Membership:12/9
Points in account:12/12
Not bad considering the agreed delay

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com
Offer made: Oct 14
Offer accepted: Oct 14
Sent to ROFR: Oct 19
Passed ROFR: Nov 9
Closing docs received: Nov 9
Closing docs returned: Nov 9 (buyer), Nov 14 (seller)
Closing: Nov 17
Deed recorded: Nov 17
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): waiting
Points in account: waiting

Days Total:
Offer Made to Passed ROFR:
26 days
Passed ROFR to Closing: 8 days
Closing to Points in Account:

All done!

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com
Offer made: Oct 14
Offer accepted: Oct 14
Sent to ROFR: Oct 19
Passed ROFR: Nov 9
Closing docs received: Nov 9
Closing docs returned: Nov 9 (buyer), Nov 14 (seller)
Closing: Nov 17
Deed recorded: Nov 17
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): Dec 2. May have been slightly earlier, was on vacation and didn't check for about a week before this day
Points in account: Dec 14*

Days Total: 61
Offer Made to Passed ROFR: 26 days
Passed ROFR to Closing: 8 days
Closing to Points in Account: 27 days

*Didn't bother with chatting or calling in this time, just waited for points to load to see how long it'd take. Not too bad!

Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Offer made: 10/24
Offer accepted: 10/25
Sent to ROFR: 10/26
Passed ROFR: 11/14
Closing docs received: 11/20
Closing docs returned: 11/21
Closing: 12/19 (We had to wait on the international seller to return paperwork)
Deed recorded:12/20
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):12/22
Points in account: 12/24 (No, I didn’t ask - they just did it quickly!)

Days Total: 61

Last edited:
One of my brokers said that she hasn’t had any contracts transfer (ROFR, yes; Transfer, no) since DVC opened back up again on 12/19…

One of my brokers said that she hasn’t had any contracts transfer (ROFR, yes; Transfer, no) since DVC opened back up again on 12/19…
Did they say for what reason? My broker told me that no contracts would be transferred between 12/6 and 12/18, so I hope that they have started again :( I am excited to book a trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter