Closing Time!

We have 200 points on ours that expire the end of November. We have a trip planned in September that we are hoping to adjust some of those points from our other contract and bank those. But we'll still have 150 points to use and we will only be doing the one trip. We have some options in mind but it'll all depend on when we ever get our contract linked and points loaded. Keep checking our email and account and still nothing.
I was really hoping you heard over the weekend. Have chats gotten you anything besides the canned 4-6 weeks response? I hope at the very least, they’ll show some compassion and let you bank passed the deadline in this instance.

Home Resort: Boulder Ridge
Broker: DVCSTORE
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 6/27
Offer accepted: 6/27
Sent to ROFR: 6/28
Passed ROFR: 7/26
Closing docs received: 7/28
Closing docs returned: 7/29 (buyer)
Closing docs returned: (seller)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

This will definitely be our last...we don't have the patience for this whatsoever (this is our 2nd...we bought back to back but of course 1 was taken in ROFR which had most of our points). I honestly regret pushing our title company to close on time because at this point I would have rather we went direct and we'd already have our rooms booked.
When my patience is getting stretched with the resale process, I look at the savings price tag and it all drifts away!

We made it one step closer today, 7/11 friends! Received our activation code, but not our club id. Any movement for the rest of you?
I’m a 7/11 and nothing yet! What is the sender name? I check my inbox and spam multiple times a day for the sender “Disney”

That is their goal - make it hard so they can make you overpay or take a resort that was not your first choice. Hang in there and don't give them $$ for making it a miserable process.
Exactly. I don't care if it takes a few months. Saving 100s if not 1000s of dollars is worth it over going direct.

Edited:

Home Resort: Beach Club Villas
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/21
Offer accepted: 6/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/22
Passed ROFR: 7/20
Closing docs received: 7/22
Closing docs returned: 7/26
Closing: 7/28
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 38 so far
Edited:

Home Resort: Beach Club Villas
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/21
Offer accepted: 6/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/22
Passed ROFR: 7/20
Closing docs received: 7/22
Closing docs returned (seller): 7/25
Closing docs returned (buyer): 7/26
Closing: 7/28
Deed recorded: 8/2
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 43 so far

Last edited:
Oooo contract is finally showing on our membership. Just trying to chat now to see if we can get them loaded.
Woohoo! If it helps, try waitlisting your February trip but just stalk the website. I snag stuff all the time just stalking the website on my down time. Sometimes I have to snag a day or two at a time but you can usually pull something together.

Woohoo! If it helps, try waitlisting your February trip but just stalk the website. I snag stuff all the time just stalking the website on my down time. Sometimes I have to snag a day or two at a time but you can usually pull something together.
I've become a fiend with stalking the site for our September trip. So I'm definitely going to waitlist something. It's just tough because we need 3 rooms. But we'll make it work one way or another.

The CM was not able to load our points 😒 told me they should be there in 7 days. Guess. We'll try again tomorrow.
The feedback I've gotten from this board is to wait at least 24 hours after you receive the email before you start asking them nicely to load your points.

The feedback I've gotten from this board is to wait at least 24 hours after you receive the email before you start asking them nicely to load your points.
We didn't even get an email...the contract is just on our account. Our first contract our points were loaded via chat the next morning. So I'm hoping tomorrow we'll have better luck.

The CM was not able to load our points 😒 told me they should be there in 7 days. Guess. We'll try again tomorrow.
My experience is that its all about getting the right CM. I've called 3 times in a row until I got somebody who would help. I've never had luck with chat and points getting loaded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter