Home Resort: VGF
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 5/9/2022
Offer accepted: 5/9/2022
Sent to ROFR: 5/10/2022
Passed ROFR: 5/28/2022
Closing docs received: 6/20/2022
Closing docs returned: 6/20/2022 (buyer)
Closing docs returned: 7/6/2022 (seller)
Closing: 7/7/2022
Deed recorded: 7/11/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (existing): 7/30/2022
Points in account:

Days Total:

Mini-update since each step is taking so long. DVC once again surprised me over a weekend, this time with a "Welcome Home" email. Contract is showing on the (existing) membership but points not loaded yet.
Weekends have been the magic timing for me to have contracts loaded (no points)

UPDATE #2:

Mini-update since each step is taking so long. DVC once again surprised me over a weekend, this time with a "Welcome Home" email. Contract is showing on the (existing) membership but points not loaded yet.
I've still never received a "Welcome Home" email on any resale contract. They must not like me.

We made it! Received the first email Friday at 5:30, second at 7:45. Tried to get points loaded Saturday morning but failed with the first CM. Tried a second CM and success!
Really hoping maybe today will be our day. I just emailed MA to see if there's any way to get an update. I'm sure it will be the dreaded generic it takes 4-6 weeks, but hey maybe it'll push them to move us along 😄 wishful thinking.

FINAL UPDATE:

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: Andy Berry, DVC Resale Market
Offer made: 5/25/2022
Offer accepted: 5/25/2022 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 5/26/2022 (1 day since offer)
Passed ROFR: 6/22/2022 (29 days since offer)
Closing docs received: 7/1/2022 (38 days since offer)
Closing docs returned: 7/1/2022 (38 days since offer)
Closing: 7/7/2022 (44 days since offer)
Deed recorded: 7/11/2022 (48 days since offer)
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/30/2022 (67 days since offer)
Points in account: 8/1/2022 (69 days since offer)

Total Days: 69 Days

Wow, selling BRV and my closing has lots of printing forms, ink signatures, notary and witness signatures, printing point activity statements, and Fedexing the whole mess. I thought all that notary and witness rigamarole was reserved for International and Aulani. I mean it's nothing I can't do, I just expected simple electronic forms and email (I haven't sold before, only bought, and thought selling would be less paperwork - silly me :rolleyes:)
The owner for my BRV contract is going through the same thing... Now I don't feel as anxious why its taking so long to close.

Ugh. I feel your pain. This is my second resale contract and might be my last. I say that but it’s probably not true lol. I just have a hard time mustering the patience for the process.
This will definitely be our last...we don't have the patience for this whatsoever (this is our 2nd...we bought back to back but of course 1 was taken in ROFR which had most of our points). I honestly regret pushing our title company to close on time because at this point I would have rather we went direct and we'd already have our rooms booked.

This will definitely be our last...we don't have the patience for this whatsoever (this is our 2nd...we bought back to back but of course 1 was taken in ROFR which had most of our points). I honestly regret pushing our title company to close on time because at this point I would have rather we went direct and we'd already have our rooms booked.
That is their goal - make it hard so they can make you overpay or take a resort that was not your first choice. Hang in there and don't give them $$ for making it a miserable process.

FINAL UPDATE:

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: Andy Berry, DVC Resale Market
Offer made: 5/25/2022
Offer accepted: 5/25/2022 (0 days)
Sent to ROFR: 5/26/2022 (1 day since offer)
Passed ROFR: 6/22/2022 (29 days since offer)
Closing docs received: 7/1/2022 (38 days since offer)
Closing docs returned: 7/1/2022 (38 days since offer)
Closing: 7/7/2022 (44 days since offer)
Deed recorded: 7/11/2022 (48 days since offer)
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 7/30/2022 (67 days since offer)
Points in account: 8/1/2022 (69 days since offer)

Total Days: 69 Days
Nice!! Did you contact them to inquire about loading the points more quickly? Any tips? We closed Friday and I have a trip I want to book for February or March so I want our dang points asap once our account is created. I think this wait might be more agonizing than the ROFR wait haha.

Nice!! Did you contact them to inquire about loading the points more quickly? Any tips? We closed Friday and I have a trip I want to book for February or March so I want our dang points asap once our account is created. I think this wait might be more agonizing than the ROFR wait haha.
I had the same feeling about this wait compared to ROFR! Lol.. We had the same experience as @Hokies37 above. Struck out with the first CM and were able to get our points loaded through our second chat with MS. We have some 2020 points expiring, so the anxiety was high. Unfortunately, we’re still not having much luck in finding somewhere to book by the time they expire, but we did book one of two trips for next year. Best of luck!

I had the same feeling about this wait compared to ROFR! Lol.. We had the same experience as @Hokies37 above. Struck out with the first CM and were able to get our points loaded through our second chat with MS. We have some 2020 points expiring, so the anxiety was high. Unfortunately, we’re still not having much luck in finding somewhere to book by the time they expire, but we did book one of two trips for next year. Best of luck!
Thanks!! Same to y’all—hopefully something opens up!

We have 200 points on ours that expire the end of November. We have a trip planned in September that we are hoping to adjust some of those points from our other contract and bank those. But we'll still have 150 points to use and we will only be doing the one trip. We have some options in mind but it'll all depend on when we ever get our contract linked and points loaded. Keep checking our email and account and still nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter