Closing Time!

Wow, selling BRV and my closing has lots of printing forms, ink signatures, notary and witness signatures, printing point activity statements, and Fedexing the whole mess. I thought all that notary and witness rigamarole was reserved for International and Aulani. I mean it's nothing I can't do, I just expected simple electronic forms and email (I haven't sold before, only bought, and thought selling would be less paperwork - silly me :rolleyes:)

Wow, selling BRV and my closing has lots of printing forms, ink signatures, notary and witness signatures, printing point activity statements, and Fedexing the whole mess. I thought all that notary and witness rigamarole was reserved for International and Aulani. I mean it's nothing I can't do, I just expected simple electronic forms and email (I haven't sold before, only bought, and thought selling would be less paperwork - silly me :rolleyes:)
We just went through all of the notarizing, signing and form-filling to close on buying our resale contract, as well. To be honest, this was our first contract so I assumed it was the norm. Lol

Owners who are selling always have to have things notarized to ensure you are indeed the ones who own it.

Congratulations on getting the points and hope you snagged that reservation! You've leap frogged over us unlucky 7/11 folks. I wonder if they misplaced our stack of deeds somewhere. :sad2:
I'm sorry... pretty sure it's all our fault 😄 I feel like we have a curse with our contract that we are waiting on. It's been one thing after another...we closed 07/11 and were recorded 07/13. Still waiting.. I've lost track of the days but I'm pretty sure we're pretty close to 90 days at this point. And our 7 month window already opened and we're still hoping we can get the rooms we need.

I’ve noticed (I think) a change in responses from MS this time around. On previous resale adds, when I’ve reached out either via phone or chat, I usually got a CM who would reach out to MA to see if there was a status update. A few minutes on hold, then a response of some kind. This time around, I’ve reached out to 3 or 4 CM’s and the best I get is “I don’t currently see it on your membership”, followed by the “four to six week” spiel. One CM did suggest I email MA. In all cases, their response was within a few seconds, suggesting they didn’t reach out to anyone, and simply looked to see what I can already see myself (no contract).

It seems that the MS CM’s have either been told not to, don’t want to, or can’t reach out directly to MA anymore, even to get a status update. I may be mistaken, but that’s my impression.

Oh, and I haven’t heard back from MA and I emailed them Monday.
Heard back from MA today and here’s the response:

We would like to congratulate you on your new Membership contract purchase and will be happy to assist you further.

Keep in mind that the resale process from beginning to end may take some time for completion. Once you have received your new contract details and are able to view the contract online at DisneyVacationClub.com it shouldn't be too much longer before you see the Vacation Points available for use.

As a courtesy we have checked into the status of the Vacation Points for you and at this time they are still in process. We invite you to check back online at DisneyVacationClub.com periodically for updates. Once the Vacation Points are available they will be loaded into the account for you, and at that time you will be able to access them online. Should you prefer you may reach out to us here at Member Service by phone, email, or chat online at DisneyVacationClub.com periodically for updates. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as it can take 4-6 weeks for the Vacation Points to be loaded into the membership after the contract closing date.

Once again we congratulate you on your new Membership and look forward to assisting you with planning your Magical Vacations year after year!

So much for that…

My last contract (4th User Year) I never received an email. Member number appeared in my login one day.

My last contract (4th User Year) I never received an email. Member number appeared in my login one day.
Yeah, I’ve never received an email either. All of my resale contracts were added to the same membership (like this one). No new membership ID or access code needed. Typical canned Disney response that no one bothers to check for accuracy.

Home Resort: Beach Club Villas
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/21
Offer accepted: 6/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/22
Passed ROFR: 7/20
Closing docs received: 7/22
Closing docs returned: 7/26
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 36 so far

Edited:

Home Resort: Beach Club Villas
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 6/21
Offer accepted: 6/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/22
Passed ROFR: 7/20
Closing docs received: 7/22
Closing docs returned: 7/26
Closing: 7/28
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total: 38 so far

Last edited:
So this is our 2nd contract that we're waiting for it to load. I keep logging into my account to see if anything is there. Will it just show up on the dashboard or should I be looking somewhere else? Both contracts are the same UY so I know we'll have the same membership number so wasn't sure what we should be on the look out for.

So this is our 2nd contract that we're waiting for it to load. I keep logging into my account to see if anything is there. Will it just show up on the dashboard or should I be looking somewhere else? Both contracts are the same UY so I know we'll have the same membership number so wasn't sure what we should be on the look out for.
If it’s the same membership (same name, same use year), it will just show up on the dashboard, showing zero points available for all years. Then, at some random and indeterminable future date, the points will miraculously appear.

If it’s the same membership (same name, same use year), it will just show up on the dashboard, showing zero points available for all years. Then, at some random and indeterminable future date, the points will miraculously appear.
Thank you. That's what I figured...just kind of hoping maybe I was missing something 😄

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 5/29
Offer accepted: 5/30
Sent to ROFR: 5/30
Passed ROFR: 6/27 (29 days)
Closing docs received (buyer): 6/28
Closing docs returned (buyer): 6/29 (1 day)
Closing docs returned (seller): 6/29 (1 day)
Closing: 7/7
Deed recorded: 7/7
Points in account:

Days Total: 40

Final Update:

Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 7/29 (22 days)
Points in account: 7/29 (through chat, took about 30 minutes)

Days total: 62 days

Last edited:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 7/29 (22 days)
Points in account: 7/29

Days total: 62 days
It’s about time!!! 😊

Home Resort: PVB
Title Company: Cammy with Mason Title
Offer made: 6/9
Offer accepted: 6/10
Sent to ROFR: 6/10
Passed ROFR: 7/13
Closing docs received: 7/13
Buyer Closing docs returned: 7/13
Seller Closing docs returned: 7/25
Closing: 7/29
Deed recorded: 7/29
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

I was going to wait to do this until the process is complete, but I’m 84 days in and still waiting so I guess it can’t hurt to type it up now:

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: www.DVCResalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title LLC
Offer made: 5/6
Offer accepted: 5/7
Sent to ROFR: 5/9
Passed ROFR: 5/28
Closing docs received (buyer): 6/20
Closing docs returned (buyer): 6/22, arrived through mail to title company 6/23
Closing docs returned (seller): ?
Closing: 7/11
Deed recorded: 7/13
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member, same membership #):
Points in account:

Last edited:
UPDATE #1:

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Offer made: 5/9/2022
Offer accepted: 5/9/2022
Sent to ROFR: 5/10/2022
Passed ROFR: 5/28/2022
Closing docs received: 6/20/2022
Closing docs returned: 6/20/2022 (buyer)
Closing docs returned: 7/6/2022 (seller)
Closing: 7/7/2022
Deed recorded: 7/11/2022
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Days Total:
UPDATE #2:

Home Resort: VGF
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Offer made: 5/9/2022
Offer accepted: 5/9/2022
Sent to ROFR: 5/10/2022
Passed ROFR: 5/28/2022
Closing docs received: 6/20/2022
Closing docs returned: 6/20/2022 (buyer)
Closing docs returned: 7/6/2022 (seller)
Closing: 7/7/2022
Deed recorded: 7/11/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (existing): 7/30/2022
Points in account:

Days Total:

Mini-update since each step is taking so long. DVC once again surprised me over a weekend, this time with a "Welcome Home" email. Contract is showing on the (existing) membership but points not loaded yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter