Closing Time!!

You just have to keep calling. Trust me. I called everyday for about 3 weeks until someone finally gave me my membership number over the phone. Some days, the very first person I talked to would check to see if I was in the system yet. Other days, I had to call 6 times until I got someone who didn't just tell me to wait for my number to be mailed to me. It's frustrating, but it's definitely worth it. I was finally able to get my membership number over the phone last monday, and I got my membership number in the mail just yesterday. Last monday, I was able to log into the website and get us a studio for a weekend in September. Now, all the studios are sold out for that same weekend. Definitely glad I kept calling. Good luck!
Well today I got the same representative that I got last week and she remembered me! My luck I will keep getting the same agents!

You have to transfer points from one to the other whenever you need to. They don't get "merged" unless they're the same UY.
Thanks! I guess I meant my online profile. I went onto my online account and Disney had added my BWV for me. yeah! Now I know more about UY's I don't think it will be a problem just a bit more planning

Hello everyone... we just received notification that we closed on this past Monday 6/13. When is the earliest I can call to get my member number and book a room? We have points that expire on 9/1, so I wanted to book ASAP. I know we're going to have limited options and thats OK, just want to book as soon as we can...

Hello everyone... we just received notification that we closed on this past Monday 6/13. When is the earliest I can call to get my member number and book a room? We have points that expire on 9/1, so I wanted to book ASAP. I know we're going to have limited options and thats OK, just want to book as soon as we can...
I'd start calling at 10 business days.

Hello Everyone, looks like it is time for me to come to this board.

Sent for ROFR: 5/2
Passed ROFR: 5/27
Received closing docs: 6/15
Sending back closing docs tomorrow (overnight): 6/16

I am hoping to have my new points loaded in my account by the end of July, so hopefully the rest of the process will go quickly and smoothly.

They say 12 days is the earliest anyone's gotten it. Good luck! I've been trying all week and no one would give me mine and I closed on 5/26.

So frustrated!!! We received our closing docs on Tues 6/14, signed and sent back via overnight, title company rec'd yesterday at 9am. I call to inquire today to see when official closing would happen and deed recorded and was told the sellers live in different states and the paperwork had to be redone!!! UGH! I have points that will need to be banked by end of July, if not we will lose them, not to mention we would like to cancel our cash trip in December and use our points. Our broker said we should have our membership info by 7/5, but that's not looking likely. :sad::sad::sad::mad::mad::mad:

So frustrated!!! We received our closing docs on Tues 6/14, signed and sent back via overnight, title company rec'd yesterday at 9am. I call to inquire today to see when official closing would happen and deed recorded and was told the sellers live in different states and the paperwork had to be redone!!! UGH! I have points that will need to be banked by end of July, if not we will lose them, not to mention we would like to cancel our cash trip in December and use our points. Our broker said we should have our membership info by 7/5, but that's not looking likely. :sad::sad::sad::mad::mad::mad:

You'll probably get it by then or shortly thereafter. No worries. These things happen.

And you won't lose those points. The seller should have banked them for you in the beginning, but still, I can just about guarantee you won't lose them.

Finally got closing docs today and they have omitted my wife's middle initial. Ugh! More waiting for them to fix it.

Received our closing documents 6/17. Signed and returned with final payment same day.

Ours seems to be a bit different, instead of dealing with a title company we are dealing with an attorney's office.

Our broker told me we are scheduled to close on or before July 6. Hoping it's before but not counting on it because of the 4th.

Received our closing documents 6/17. Signed and returned with final payment same day.

Ours seems to be a bit different, instead of dealing with a title company we are dealing with an attorney's office.

Our broker told me we are scheduled to close on or before July 6. Hoping it's before but not counting on it because of the 4th.
We also dealt with an attorney for closing. Process was pretty smooth.

I just wanted to share my timeline and thoughts about being "Grandfathered In". My ROFR waiver has the new clause on it Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have
access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits.
As far as I can tell Disney has grandfathered me in like we were promised. My online member cards are blue and the website gave me the option of ordering the Gold season passes. I ordered membership cards which the website said would take 6 to 8 weeks to receive.
Sent for ROFR 3/17
Passed ROFR 4/14
Received Closing Doc's 5/13 (Overnighted funds & signed doc's back to attorney) 5/13
Closed 5/24
Deed Recorded 5/25
Received Member Number 6/15

I just wanted to share my timeline and thoughts about being "Grandfathered In". My ROFR waiver has the new clause on it Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have
access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits.
As far as I can tell Disney has grandfathered me in like we were promised. My online member cards are blue and the website gave me the option of ordering the Gold season passes. I ordered membership cards which the website said would take 6 to 8 weeks to receive.
Sent for ROFR 3/17
Passed ROFR 4/14
Received Closing Doc's 5/13 (Overnighted funds & signed doc's back to attorney) 5/13
Closed 5/24
Deed Recorded 5/25
Received Member Number 6/15
I had a similar timeline. Members services told me they are very behind on sending out membership cards. I was able to download one and screenshot it and it had my name printed on it, so as far as being "grandfathered" your safe. It's just taking 6-8 weeks to get the actual cards.

Hello Everyone, looks like it is time for me to come to this board.

Sent for ROFR: 5/2
Passed ROFR: 5/27
Received closing docs: 6/15
Sending back closing docs tomorrow (overnight): 6/16

I am hoping to have my new points loaded in my account by the end of July, so hopefully the rest of the process will go quickly and smoothly.

I just got a call saying we officially closed this morning!! Yay!

Well....ALMOST there. I found out I have a member id, they just wont give it to me over the phone. I actually sent an email Friday about the process as we have Fed Ex proof all paperwork was received 10 days prior to Disney stating they received it. My process should have already been done and I should have already received my new member number. I'm already a DVC owner with a member id, but because I purchased a different UY I will get a new member number for this one. When I called them out on it on via email on Friday low and behold my transfer was completed yesterday (Sunday). I received a email response back now from a contract administration manager but she stated in no way shape or form would they provide me my member number over the phone. I told her my 60 day mark is this Friday which is why I was worried about the time frame to begin with and I don't want to have to use my other points when this contract has full banked 2015 points.

I tried calling anyway and the girl was THIS CLOSE to giving me my member id and then she said give me a moment there are notes on your account, then she tells me she cannot give me the new member id but she will see if she can get the letter overnighted to me. So I'm betting that manager noted in my account to NOT give me anything over the phone. I'm so aggravated at this point. It has been one delay after the other and I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

I did respond back nicely to the manager and questioned why I would not receive either by phone or via email since they already have my email address from my first contract etc to prove I am who I say I am. Her response back was I was NOT getting the number. UUGGHH :headache:

I received a letter in the mail today with my Membership number - I was going to activate my membership online. I need an activation code - Is that only in my Vacation Planner packet?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter