• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

Finally, finally, finally! Got our member number yesterday and today the points were loaded into our contract. Booked our January trip today! 175 days from date we made our offer, due to the seller's delay sending signed documents back. All of that is behind us though, and we are the proud owners of 200 points at AKL.

Finally, finally, finally! Got our member number yesterday and today the points were loaded into our contract. Booked our January trip today! 175 days from date we made our offer, due to the seller's delay sending signed documents back. All of that is behind us though, and we are the proud owners of 200 points at AKL.

Congratulations! Glad to hear that everything worked out with your contract in the end. Enjoy your trip.

Congratulations! My contract was recorded and in Disney's hands on 10/2 also, so I am hoping I hear from them soon with a member number!

My timeline as of today for my BCV contract:

Sent for ROFR: 7/22
Approved: 8/17
Received closing docs: 9/3
Closed and recorded at OCC: 10/1 (had to wait on seller's reservation to close)
Receive Member #: ? (soon I hope!)

Last edited:
Woo hoo!!!!! Our recorded deed showed up on the OCC this morning! On to the next, and hopefully final, round of waiting for our DVC member number and points to be loaded. Is there a new thread somewhere I get to join now?!

If we are ever at WDW at the same time, you can join me for a free drink! I have really enjoyed reading your data as you have posted it here regarding timelines for each step of the purchase. Thanks for the effort.

If we are ever at WDW at the same time, you can join me for a free drink! I have really enjoyed reading your data as you have posted it here regarding timelines for each step of the purchase. Thanks for the effort.

You are very welcome, gandyeye! Happy to be of service. Hope we both get out member numbers soon.

So we were told we closed on Monday, only to find out today that the county rejected our paperwork because a notary stamp on the seller's paperwork was smudged. Now the (foreign) sellers have to go back to the embassy to get it done again, and then we have to wait for the paperwork to make it back from overseas. So frustrating!

Quick question. How were you notified about closing? Did you get an email that you were closing on a certain day or that you had closed and were being sent to have the deed recorded?

I sent an email to the broker, requesting an update on our status. Last email we got was that they were waiting on the seller's paperwork, that was a week ago. Just trying to figure out how much additional waiting I have. :rolleyes1

Quick question. How were you notified about closing? Did you get an email that you were closing on a certain day or that you had closed and were being sent to have the deed recorded?

I sent an email to the broker, requesting an update on our status. Last email we got was that they were waiting on the seller's paperwork, that was a week ago. Just trying to figure out how much additional waiting I have. :rolleyes1

We received an email from the closing company stating that we had closed and that the deed was sent to be recorded. It actually was on the website the next day. The fact that you contacted the broker will hopefully help to keep things moving. Every time we contacted the broker because we hadn't heard from the title company, it wasn't long before we saw results. Hope that you get to close soon!

We are FINALLY DONE! We were able to get our member number over the phone today and BOOKED a reservation for next month! Had to use 180 points by the end of November.

Here's the final timeline:

Offer accepted: July 20
Sent to ROFR: July 22
Passed ROFR: August 17
Cleared Estoppel: Sept 17
Mailed closing docs: Sept 18
Closing/recorded: Oct 2
Member number/points:Oct 14

So glad to be done WAITING and so looking forward to VACATIONING! Good luck to everyone else still in the process..

We are FINALLY DONE! We were able to get our member number over the phone today and BOOKED a reservation for next month! Had to use 180 points by the end of November.

Here's the final timeline:

Offer accepted: July 20
Sent to ROFR: July 22
Passed ROFR: August 17
Cleared Estoppel: Sept 17
Mailed closing docs: Sept 18
Closing/recorded: Oct 2
Member number/points:Oct 14

So glad to be done WAITING and so looking forward to VACATIONING! Good luck to everyone else still in the process..

Congratulations and thanks for your response.

Got a response, the sellers took longer to get their paperwork back. We should close by Monday.

I was notified yesterday by my broker that Disney had transferred the contract into my name and now I had to wait for the member letter in the mail. What is the magical phone number to call to ask for the member #? Is it member services, or administration?

I got an email from the closing company, and one from my broker.

Was told today as long as my loan funds get sent tomorrow am I should close tomorrow afternoon! Exactly 1 month since submitting for ROFR!!

Officially closed today and documents sent for recording!! I think I may have broken a few records for DVC resales!!
9/15 sent for ROFR
9/28 Passed
10/5 received closing docs.
10/13 returned closing docs.
10/16 closed and sent for recording!
31 days total

Officially closed today and documents sent for recording!! I think I may have broken a few records for DVC resales!!
9/15 sent for ROFR
9/28 Passed
31 days total
Congrats to you!!
I think VWT must be making an example out of your contract since they just got slammed in another thread on here a few weeks back. Seems strangely coincidental.

9/15 sent for ROFR
9/28 Passed
31 days total
That is seriously insane. Even our older contracts never closed that quickly. Congratulations :)!

Congrats to you!!
I think VWT must be making an example out of your contract since they just got slammed in another thread on here a few weeks back. Seems strangely coincidental.
And they happened to "like" his post and only his post above. Just sayin' :rolleyes1

I have nothing to compare it to but they have been great for me. Always returned my emails promptly and answered any questions I've had. I dont know what other people had problems with them but I'm happy with them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter