Closing so early?

DanceRC28

Wife to Greg, mommy to baby Tyler and furbabies Gr
My fiance and I are going to Disney on March 8th and I was shocked to find out they close at 7 pm! I love the atmosphere of theme parks at night and it makes me sad that I won't be able to experience this for my first Disney trip! A few days after we leave the parks are open until 10 or 11....anyone else dissapointed with the limited park hours???

Renee ::MinnieMo

Not really, because the shorter park hours usually are an indication of the crowds expected. Longer hours = bigger crowds.

Epcot is always open until 9, so we tend to make PS for dinner, and wander around there at night. Plus, DTD and the Boardwalk are great places to be at night.

Hi Renee!

Don't worry. March 8th is still off of Daylight Savings time. I don't know about in Florida, but it gets dark here in Buffalo at about 6:00 or so, so that's a good hour where there'll be some night ambiance.

When we went in January, the parks closed at 6:00, as the sun was setting. I know what a bummer it is to miss out on the Magic Kingdom at night! :(

But, as someone said, on the upside, shorter hours usually does mean smaller crowds.

Have a blast!

My kids love the short hours. It gave them more time at Disney Quest.:teeth:

The shortened hours are wretched. It is just foul and inconsiderate of Disney to charge people peak season prices at the resorts and then offer limited hours, espeiailly at MK. I'll be there next week too and I'm not too happy about being treated that way by Disney. If the crowds/hours argument is true, the the crowds should be huge during the entire month of May.

Buuuut, maybe they will lengthen the hours.

I encourage yo to write a letter to Disney if you are dissatisfied. Maybe enough of them will bring about positive change.

I understand the shorter hours, smaller crowds argument as well but it's not our fault that we are going when a million other people can't go. We are still paying the same for the ticket and still want to enjoy the park as much as we can. I think I will definately write a letter, though I will have to do it when I get back since today is my day of packing and tomorrow I'll be in the sun :D

Renee ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter