Closest Urgent Care for kids?? Need reply asap

annabug

Mamabug
Hey everyone

My friend is staying at Carribbean Beach. Her son is starting with croup and needs to be seen by a doctor. Does anyone know of the best and closest urgent care for kids??

I also posted on the family page. Thank you so much for any advice. I told her to call front desk and check with them as well.

TIA!!!!!!

Don't call the front desk. That will go to a call center somewhere off site. Go to the front desk and ask about getting to an urgent cares facility. They will be able to help you right away.

ok they told her Centra Care anyone know of this place?? she is just so nervous and upset, so Im trying to help her out. TY!!!!!

We had this happen. Physically go to the front desk. My dd had heat stroke and couldn't keep anything down combined with a crazy fever. They were able to arrange a shuttle and get us there in approx 10 mins. I forget the name of the clinic but everyone was wonderful. And we were international and the insurance and everything was easily taken care of.

Don't call the front desk. That will go to a call center somewhere off site. Go to the front desk and ask about getting to an urgent cares facility. They will be able to help you right away.
I agree. Tell your friend not to waste time waiting for an answer from here. She should ask for help from the concierge in the lobby - that's what they're there for.

ok they told her Centra Care anyone know of this place?? she is just so nervous and upset, so Im trying to help her out. TY!!!!!
Tell her to go to the front desk (NOT call) and ask for them to please arrange transportation to the nearest Urgent Care.

Yes please have her go to the Concierge they will set up the ride and everything to the Nearest Urgent Care, we had that happen at 11pm at CBR too daughter who came down with Strep Throat and they sent us free of charge back and forth.

There's a couple that I can think of:
- If you leave property from the Downtown Disney and Hotel Plaza Blvd area, you would make a left off the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd (at entrance to Crossroads Plaza) onto Apopka-Vineland Rd (SR-535). CentraCare is almost immediately on your left.
- There's another on US-192. If you were to leave Disney and make a right (North or West...not sure) onto US-192, follow to Formosa Gardens Blvd. There's a shopping center on the left at this intersection that has a CentraCare (there's also a grocery store (might be Winn-Dixie) , an Outback Steakhouse and a Giordano's restaurant at this shopping center.

I should point out its been at least a couple years since using either of these, so verify before you head out.

I've had to take my asthmatic daughter to Centra Care. It is a great service. For the first years that we would visit Disney, she would get sick. The front desk was great in getting them to come. Centra took my insurance and there was a pharmacy next door so I could get prescriptions. I've always told my friends and family to just go to the front desk and let them know that you need help. so sorry to hear, her child is getting sick... Sending a little extra pixie dust her way!

We had to use them as well a few trips ago and they were quite helpful, though they didnt tell us there was transportation so we had to pay for a taxi, it's good to know there is transportation now.

CentraCare is part of Florida Hospital. It's probably the largest urgent care operation in Central FL.

This place has really bad Google reviews. Looks like my son may have strep. I have a car just not sure which clinic to go to. Does anyone know anything about Paramount? TIA - A nervous mother

Does anyone remember the phone number for the team of paediatricians who will come to your hotel room? We used them last year and they were amazing. I called at 7, they came at 7 30, she www diagnosed with strep and given abx right there and the we made our cRT reservation by 9!

I guess I wouldn't worry much about bad reviews particularly if you know what's wrong and mostly need an RX. Nothing bad is going to happen if you have to wait or if the doctor has crappy bedside manner. I mean, it sucks to deal with that but for minor ailments like strep or croup (as long as there isn't any stridor) it should be fine. Reviews reccomend to make an appointment on line to save wait time and that's what Id do.

This place has really bad Google reviews. Looks like my son may have strep. I have a car just not sure which clinic to go to. Does anyone know anything about Paramount? TIA - A nervous mother
People tend to hate urgent care centers (largely because they are pretty stressed out when they go to one) and the larger one is, the worse their reviews are. If I were you I would stop reading reviews.

Please check that they take your insurance. I know CentraCare doesn't take the insurance I had last time I needed an urgent care for my son. Neumur's Pediatric urgent care in Dr. Phillips does take it.

Centra care didn't take my insurance either. And we waited 2+ hrs before seeing anyone. I would strongly recommend making an appointment if you can there.

Centra Care was awesome for us in 2013. Daughter was sick with croup as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter