• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closest Resort to Typhoon Lagoon

binkeecat17

Earning My Ears
We are staying 2 nights just to go to Typhoon Lagoon. Which resort is best for this? I would like to know which resort has the fastest/direct bus service to Typhoon Lagoon. I can spend up to 200 a night. thanks!

Well I think SSR is closest, but it will probably cost more then that. I think most resorts split the TL run with Downtown Disney, but its not a bad ride. I'd probably stay in one of the values and then maybe use the extra money on a car rental if convenience is your goal.

Depends on your budget, there are several moderates that would be close. Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter, Caribbean Beach. Pop Century would be the closest value. There is OKW and SSR as DVC resorts.

Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter are very close to Typhoon Lagoon, however you have to take the Downtown Disney bus to get there which is a long loop. We stayed at French Quarter last week and decided to go to Typhoon Lagoon for Morning EMH which began at 8:00 am. After waiting 45 minutes for a bus, we found out that the first typhoon lagoon bus does not come until 8:15. We ended up there at 8:30 but were upset to miss a half hour of no lines. I don't know if this occurs at all resorts or just Port Orleans.

We stayed at SSR last month and used our rental car to get to TL. It was a very quick trip -- 5 minutes. My DD11 had a surf lesson at TL for which we had to be there at 5:45 a.m. (really!), so a car or taxi was the only way to go. I really don't like the bus transportation for getting to and from the waterparks. Seems like you could also do a cab for a relatively reasonable cost.

SSR, OKW, POR and POFQ are closest to TL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter