Closest grocery to SSR

BelleCat

NOT so patiently waiting for my next WDW vacation!
Hi!

I was hoping someone could tell me where the closest grocery store to Saratoga Springs is located. Will need to take a taxi as we will not have a car. Looking for non-Disney as DH "needs" his beer.
Thanks for any help!

I was going to tell you that gooings is just up the road from SSR. But I don't think I can condone sure behavior.;)

There's a Winn-Dixie about three and a quarter miles away on South Apopka and I, a confirmed beer snob, found a reasonable selection there;)

There's a Winn-Dixie about three and a quarter miles away on South Apopka and I, a confirmed beer snob, found a reasonable selection there;)

I second WD. It is just a little farther and you will save a ton over goodings. The only time I could justify paying Goodings prices was during an impending hurricane. I almost risked our lives because I hated to pay $7 for a 12 pack of water!
They were the only store with stock left because their prices are outrageous.

In the same lot as WD is an ABC liquor store also.

Avoid Goodings -- it is a dump and the prices are terrible. The Winn Dixie just up the road is clean, well stocked and reasonable prices. We even got a Winn Dixie card we go there so much when we're at WDW. Our home DVC resort is SSR. We love the serenity and peacefulness of SSR. Spend 6 to 8 week each year at SSR.

Where is the Winn Dixie in relation to the Goodings. I am familiar with Goodings. Is the WD on the same road? If I were facing the plaza that Goodings is in would I go left or right. Do they sell cases of zephyrhills water?
thanks!

Where is the Winn Dixie in relation to the Goodings. I am familiar with Goodings. Is the WD on the same road? If I were facing the plaza that Goodings is in would I go left or right. Do they sell cases of zephyrhills water?
thanks!

As you take the WDW exit off of Hotel Plaza Blvd. out of the DTD area, you would turn left onto that road. So, with the Crossings Shopping Center straight in front of you, take a left. The WD is not too far down that road, on your right.

I'm fairly certain they sold that brand of water. I was last there in early Dec.

Admittedly, I wasn't wowed by the selection, but it could have just been that day of the week where it was time to restock (little selection in breads, fruit, etc.). We were actually looking for a Publix - we did eventually find it, although it's a bit more convoluted of a route. Still only about 5-7 mins. away from SSR, though.

Good luck!

Absolutely avoid Goodings at all costs. It is ridiculously overpriced and anything perishable is probably on its last legs. I don't know how the place stays open.

In addition to Winn Dixie (which is a far better choice) there is a Publix just a bit further from Goodings, near the Premium Outlets. It's "behind" it so to speak.

I prefer Publix, over Winn Dixie, but that's just personal preference.

Also, avoid the little convenience stores immediately off property. They too are price gougers and sell questionable merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter