Closest Dollar site to Pop??

moopdog

Dreaming of Disney....
I will be picking a car up on day 3 of our trip and need one closest to Pop Century that can be picked up via Dis Buses. I read that you can take a bus to DTD and get off at the Regal Sun to pick the car up there - is that the best place?

Yes, it is just across the street from DTD. You can also call to have them pick you up at your resort.

No sooner did I start the thread and I booked the car anyway. Couldn't pass up the good deal: one week 9/13-9/20 for Premium car for a total of $230.57! I think that is good deal, right? I used code KISS.

O have a couple of new questions though: do you actually get a Chrylser 300M or not? I am surprising my husband with the car and hope that that is really what we'll get.

Also - I can rent a GPS for $11.99 per day. That will add up, but since we've never driven around Orlando before I'm thinking it might be worth the money. We've never used one, so are they really easy and give accurate info? Thanks so much!:goodvibes

You get whatever is available on the lot at time in your car size range. Could be a Chrysler or another brand car.

You got a good rate for a premium rental. You do't really need a GPS for driving round the Disney area. Roads are well marked.

herc.

Thanks - that makes me feel better... 'cept for the "could get any car" info. Well hopefully it'll be just as nice.

Can you tell me if anyone can use that discount code or is it specific to something or someone? Looking at possibly booking car in May.

Thanks.

Moopdog, if it makes you feel a little better, we've rented from the Regal Sun Dollar location twice now and both times we got the exact car we booked online. Granted, we were booking a more common car (full size, not a premium). Here's hoping you get exactly what you booked! :wizard: And I agree with hercamore, if you're just driving around Disney World, you won't really need the GPS. Between the maps you get from Disney and Dollar and the road signs, you should be just fine. If you plan to tool around Orlando itself, it may be a bit more helpful and/or necessary.

And ChristieK, the KISS code can be used by anyone renting at a FL location. You don't need any coupon or anything at the time of rental. There are a lot of other codes you can also try. Go to the Plane Rental Car/Rental Car Discounts & Advice section of the MouseSavers website. There are tons of rental codes for all the major car rental companies listed.

Anyone can use it - I found it here on disboards. There are others out there as well, but this one worked best for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter