Closest Disney Resort to Disney CP?

tlynk

DIS Veteran
Hello, I'm asking a question that I've posed before, but cannot find the answer?? What Disney resort is the closest- easiest drive to the Disney CP? I'm going to have to rent a car for a couple days to get my DD around to buy things she needs for the fall program, but I want to stay at a Disney resort. Does anyone have any suggestions? If you could tell what value, mod, and deluxe resort is closest- I can figure out which one will fit our budget best. Thank you in advance.:hug:

Definately the Holiday Inn Sunspree

Thanks for the quick response. :) We are going to try to do the 4 nights for the price of 7 Disney deal and add dining. It is good to know the Holiday Inn Sunspree is so close- maybe we will stay there the night prior to her program start date?
:goodvibes

As far as Disney resorts go - they MK ones are definitely the furthest away.

I stayed in the values (All Stars) generally and would hop on I-4 and was at my daughter's apartment in about 7 minutes. Pop Century and Carribean Beach would be about the same amount of time I think also.

As far as deluxe easily accessible to Buena Vista Drive would be an easy drive too and SSR would be good going the back way and down Hotel Blvd.

I think its really about 6 of one and half dozen of the other as far as which is the easiest to get to apartments from as they all have roads near them that are easy to use.

Honestly I would stay at the one I want to - none are that bad of a drive.

Liz

When my mom helped move me in she stayed at the Hilton in Downtown Disney and loved it. She was able to go out at night to DTD and was still about a 2 minute drive from me.

I live accross the street from Vista (next door to the Sunspree) and the CLOSEST resort is definitly the Carribbean Beach (mod). I can make it there in less than 10 minutes, where as the value resorts are a little longer jaunt, but still not too bad.

Hello, I'm asking a question that I've posed before, but cannot find the answer?? What Disney resort is the closest- easiest drive to the Disney CP? I'm going to have to rent a car for a couple days to get my DD around to buy things she needs for the fall program, but I want to stay at a Disney resort. Does anyone have any suggestions? If you could tell what value, mod, and deluxe resort is closest- I can figure out which one will fit our budget best. Thank you in advance.:hug:

Depending on the way you drive, Saratoga Springs is the closest resort and is the most direct and easiest to navigate to from the CP Housing. I believe Caribbean Beach would be the next closest, but you'd have to take more of a back route to get onto property.

CP Housing is located right off Hotel Plaza Blvd., so you want to stay as close to Downtown Disney as possible. Saratoga Springs is closest deluxe, Caribbean Beach is closest moderate, and Pop Century is closest value. When I dropped my daughter off, I stayed at Old Key West, which was pretty close. However, we have visited her twice, and stayed at Hotel Royal Plaza once (for $130 a night), and Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista once(for $50 a night). My daughter lives in Patterson, so the closest hotel to her is actually the Marriott village, but I really don't visit her apartment enough for it to matter where I stay. When we visit her, she comes to us wherever we are when she is not working, which really amounts to her meeting us for dinner. CP check-in day is a lot like college move-in day: chaotic. If you are planning to go a few days before she checks in, then it may be worth it to stay at a Disney hotel. However, once she checks in, she may or may not have a day or two to visit with you. My daughter's training began immediately, while some of her roommates/friends attended orientations the first day or two, then had the next 3-5 days off before beginning training for their particular job.

CP Housing is located right off Hotel Plaza Blvd., so you want to stay as close to Downtown Disney as possible. Saratoga Springs is closest deluxe, Caribbean Beach is closest moderate, and Pop Century is closest value. When I dropped my daughter off, I stayed at Old Key West, which was pretty close. However, we have visited her twice, and stayed at Hotel Royal Plaza once (for $130 a night), and Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista once(for $50 a night). My daughter lives in Patterson, so the closest hotel to her is actually the Marriott village, but I really don't visit her apartment enough for it to matter where I stay. When we visit her, she comes to us wherever we are when she is not working, which really amounts to her meeting us for dinner. CP check-in day is a lot like college move-in day: chaotic. If you are planning to go a few days before she checks in, then it may be worth it to stay at a Disney hotel. However, once she checks in, she may or may not have a day or two to visit with you. My daughter's training began immediately, while some of her roommates/friends attended orientations the first day or two, then had the next 3-5 days off before beginning training for their particular job.

Very helpful information. Thank you to all who posted as well! :flower3:

I'll probably toss my poor father there for a night. He's driving me down there so it'll be a good place for him to stay before hopping back on the road back to Philadelphia lol

If you have access to time shares, Vistana or the Grand Beach are VERY close to Disney housing. We just visited and DD was able to stay with us for a few days and get to work easily. ( She has a car)

I recommend the resorts near DTD ... specifically Saratoga Springs as an earlier poster said.

I also don't see the point in you going down a few days early and staying in a disney resort then moving to sunspree the day before. yes sunspree is closer, but you mind as well just stay at saratoga, instead of booking 2 hotels. :)

I recommend the resorts near DTD ... specifically Saratoga Springs as an earlier poster said.

I also don't see the point in you going down a few days early and staying in a disney resort then moving to sunspree the day before. yes sunspree is closer, but you mind as well just stay at saratoga, instead of booking 2 hotels. :)

I agree- I thought about it and we are going to stay at one resort the duration of our trip. Thank you for your input.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter