Closest Car Rental to Port

calismic

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are planning on taking our DD to Magic Kingdom on the day we return from the cruise. Since our flight leaves at 8pm that evening, we have a very small window to get from the port to the park. Right now we are debating whether to get a one-way car rental or rent a car when we arrive and just park it at the port.

So my question, which car rental agency is closest to the port and who in your experience has the quickest pickup? Do you think we would be better off just having the car already rented and parked? Has anyone else been crazy enough to try this? ;) Bring on the advise!

There are several rental agencies about 5 minutes from the port - Avis, Hertz, Thrifty, Dollar, Budget... I'm sure I've missed some.

As to quickest option - having your own transportation already in the parking lot is likely quickest to get headed out to WDW. That said, since you are considering a rental you would need to weigh the cost of rental and parking for X days while you are cruising, against what you would consider the "value" of not dealing with obtaining a rental the morning of debarkation.

Another option is to have a town car waiting for you to take you to WDW, but you would then need to figure transportation to MCO later in the day.

Enjoy your cruise!

I thought about the car service but that leaves us with a problem of finding somewhere to keep our luggage!

We are doing the same thing, and have a minivan from Budget reserved for $70 including taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter