• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the mistake of going on a trip to AKL as the only adult with 2 small kids. Guess I should have tried quitting before I went, as it was sooo difficult smoking on that trip! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

That being said, I'm doing it again, but I need advice on resorts this time.

I've already done the values and POFQ. Any advice for a mom with 2 kids who enjoys having a smoke? Which resort is "easy" for a smoker with kids?

at POR, the quiet pools in the aligator bayou section each had a small bench (2seater) for a DSA. if you sit there, you can see the whole pool. however, near bldg. 18, the 2 tables at the one end, farthest from the laundry,e tc. became the "smoking" tables. for 10 days, there were many smokers in the surrounding bldgs. sitting there (we all couldn't fit on the small bench! or even around it)
there's a section of tables near the bar by the main pool people were smoking at, too. so you could easily see your kids. or, it's very close to just go over for a smoke.

I read on another thread that this DSA has been removed. Not sure if this is the most accurate and up to date info or just rumor?? DBf wants his beer and cig while poolside (or as close as possible). TIA

This question is to anyone in the world now or just recently. As far as the parks, how are the DSA's? In the country section of Epcot? :smokin: Any new DSA's, where are they now? I read somewhere that AK has only 2 or 3. What about MK is the DSA by the speedway still there? I am a rule follower but I also read the park maps are not up to date with the DSA locations:confused3. Any info would be helpful. Thanks so much:flower3:.

This question is to anyone in the world now or just recently. As far as the parks, how are the DSA's? In the country section of Epcot? :smokin: Any new DSA's, where are they now? I read somewhere that AK has only 2 or 3. What about MK is the DSA by the speedway still there? I am a rule follower but I also read the park maps are not up to date with the DSA locations:confused3. Any info would be helpful. Thanks so much:flower3:.

WS DSAs were as follows: entry from FW to WS both right (next to ice cream stand) and left (just before bridge to Mexico), service area between Norway and China, next to fountain in Italy, between Japan and Morocco, exit area next to International Gateway.

I can't speak to the other parks since my husband didn't seek them out for his cigar stops. :)

The only one I remember at MK is over by the lake kinda across from the Christmas Shop.

At AK the only remaining ones that I could find are in Dinoland behind one of the stores and up near the petting zoo where you take the train to get to.

Seems like WDW is slowly getting rid of them all yet they probably wonder why there is so much non-compliance with the DSAs. duh

I read on another thread that this DSA has been removed. Not sure if this is the most accurate and up to date info or just rumor?? DBf wants his beer and cig while poolside (or as close as possible). TIA

Just back from pop and yes, this DSA is STILL there!

ugh!!! Well, Phineas and Ferb took out the DSA in DHS.....
the Fast pass for Mickey/Princesses in MK took out that one....... tried to have a cigarette there and a CM came over to me telling me OH NO, you have to put that out, it's no longer smoking area here.... so nearest one is out front Plaza now.... which really sucked lugging my son's special needs stroller down the 10 steps there... unless I'm totally blind and missed that there is a ramp anywhere?
Hated eating at Tony's... and not having a DSA outside anymore!

THEN.... in Tomorrowland by the speedway... wow, must have smoked there this week 4 different times... and saw others smoking there too...until last day a CM came up, oh, no, this is no longer a DSA. Really? ugh!!
Said there is now one per land... that is it.

So none by Tony's.. none by speedway... of course none in Toontown anymore. Is the one back by BTMR still there? didn't venture over there to notice.

the Fast pass for Mickey/Princesses in MK took out that one....... tried to have a cigarette there and a CM came over to me telling me OH NO, you have to put that out, it's no longer smoking area here.... so nearest one is out front Plaza now.... which really sucked lugging my son's special needs stroller down the 10 steps there... unless I'm totally blind and missed that there is a ramp anywhere?

THEN.... in Tomorrowland by the speedway... wow, must have smoked there this week 4 different times... and saw others smoking there too...until last day a CM came up, oh, no, this is no longer a DSA. Really? ugh!!

So none by Tony's.. none by speedway... of course none in Toontown anymore. Is the one back by BTMR still there? didn't venture over there to notice.

Where are they now? If only one per land? This surely is gonna cause a whole lot of "non-compliance" if they allow one day then the next they tell you that you can no longer. :confused3

Also do you have any info about EPCOT? They seem to be disappearing from there as well.

TIA

Yes, it is. There's also another DSA pretty close by on the walkway from Frontierland to Liberty Square.

Oh, and no DSA behind Tusker House. When did that one go? It was there when we were there in September. I sat down, started lighting up and boom, instantly a CM was there to nicely say it's not a DSA... he said the only one in AK now is the one that's between EE and Nemo.

Oh, and no DSA behind Tusker House. When did that one go? It was there when we were there in September. I sat down, started lighting up and boom, instantly a CM was there to nicely say it's not a DSA... he said the only one in AK now is the one that's between EE and Nemo.

The one behind Tusker House went away when they started preparing for the Wild Africa Trek. That's where the tour starts.

I believe the CM was mistaken as to other DSA's in AK. As of last report, there was one in Camp Minnie-Mickey (near where the old Pocahontas show used to be), one in Dinoland (behind Chester and Hester's store), one at Conservation Station, and the one near EE.

They really do need to add one that is near Tusker House, though. They used to have one along the hidden trail that parallels the main path from Africa to Asia. It was tucked out of the way so no one would be bothered, but they made that yet another meet & greet instead.

This is the reply I received to my question about using E-cigarettes at WDW resorts and parks.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your email regarding the Walt Disney World Policy on
E-Cigarettes.

I appreciate your request and I apologize for any misunderstanding you
may have had in the past. While visiting any Walt Disney World Resort,
Disneyland Resort and Disney Vacation Club Resort property in the United
States, E-Cigarettes and treated like all other smoking tobacco product.
If you would like to smoke your product, you must do so in any
designated smoking area. You are welcome to speak with any Cast Member
or reference a Theme Park Guidemap for designated smoking areas.

If you have any further questions, please contact me. I am available
Thursday through Monday between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST.

Once again, I apologize for any misinformation you may have had in the
past. I hope your upcoming visit is full of many special memories.

Sincerely,

Pat Shanahan
Guest Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-560-3501

The statement "E-Cigarettes and treated like all other smoking tobacco product" makes me think he/she doesn't know what e-ciggies are. They contain no tobacco.

The statement "E-Cigarettes and treated like all other smoking tobacco product" makes me think he/she doesn't know what e-ciggies are. They contain no tobacco.

My thoughts exactly. I just don't know how we can educate people to understand that E-Cigarettes do not contain tobacco and are not smoked. Neither do I know how they can enforce their rule about not using them in the privacy of our DVC villa. :confused3

My thoughts exactly. I just don't know how we can educate people to understand that E-Cigarettes do not contain tobacco and are not smoked. Neither do I know how they can enforce their rule about not using them in the privacy of our DVC villa. :confused3

They can't enforce it in the rooms so that's a non-issue. As far as the parks go, I walk around now in stores and at work and use mine discretely and no one has ever even noticed. I don't imagine it will be any different in the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter